⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

Can’t believe we didn’t take the 3 points but that was the first time arguably this whole season where we’ve looked genuinely excellent for large periods. But ultimately it’s one hell of a missed opportunity to pick up 3 points. There won’t be a better opportunity all season to pick up 3 points off thistle. Ruari paton will have nightmares with the chances he’s passed up tonight. He’s been starved of service all season but tonight he could and quite simply should have had a hat trick, no excuses whatsoever for missing all 3 of them

Strong performances all across the board but special mention to Lewis Reid who looked absolute quality at the back for his first start in senior football. Looks ready made for the championship with his size and distribution. I’m certain he’ll become a regular for us as the season goes on

It was also Jack Turner’s best performance in a QP jersey by a country mile. He’s moved into a more advanced role the last couple weeks and providing the goods with the goals but equally his off the ball movement and link up play was superb. I’ve not been particularly wowed by the guy overall but there’s goals in him if used properly. 4/5 goals now ? 

Despite the positives, we are still shooting ourselves in the foot. Unfortunately longridge was done on the right but no need to tug the guy back, just let him cross it. More annoyingly, what in the world happened for the thistle 2nd goal? Did Robson forget he was a left back in that moment? Nowhere to be seen which is a shame as I thought that was his best performance in a long time 

Referee was very poor. I’m not one to yap on about refs but how thistle escaped some yellow cards is beyond me. Really poor stuff. It was like he was scared to show some authority once Brian Graham was around him

Play like this more often than not and we’ll give ourselves a fighting chance throughout the season 

Well that was a bit unexpected. A very understrength Thistle who played poorly. No press and our guys got some room to play.

We created plenty of chances but our finishing was really poor and cost us three points. Think Dom should take a rest from set pieces for a bit. Defensively we still have a calamity in us but overall a better performance from the guys.

It's amazing how when you stop always cutting in and instead allow Thomas and Robson to play on the same side and allow Robson to get wide and overlap and, gosh, say it quietly, cross the ball, how we start to create chances.  When that wasn't happening we had Jack Turner making breaking runs through the centre (that unfortunately few managed to pick out).

Lewis Reid and Bannon both excellent, but again how Veldman could be so quick to hook Tizzard last week and so slow to pull the struggling Longridge and Paton and the injured Bannon remains a mystery....this manager is going to cost us again, like he did vs Rovers.

I still worry about Veldman's tactics. 

I thought Paddy Jarrett was playing well and got subbed.

I don't like to pick on the lad but Lucas McCormick just doesn't have it.......yet..... and inspires no confidence in his teammates. They don't pass him the ball.

Edited by GloriousHoops

1 minute ago, GloriousHoops said:

I thought Paddy Garrett was playing well and got subbed.

I don't like to pick on the lad but Lucas McCormick just doesn't have it.......yet..... and inspires no confidence in his teammates. They don't pass him the ball.

Agreed on McCormack. The boy must obviously have something if he’s been drafted into the first team but he really struggled to do the basics when he came on and I can’t say he covered himself in glory against Falkirk either. Night and day between youth prospects and genuinely challenging for the first team comparing him and Reid 

Woeful finishing from Paton & Veldman's ridiculous substitutions cost us a win tonight. We were toothless and had no sense of urgency & purpose going forward, especially in the first half. I can understand playing patiently but we played most of the first half as if we were 2-0 ahead. The ref was an absolute clown by the way. 

4 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

I thought Paddy Jarrett was playing well and got subbed.

Wildest one for me was not taking Bannon off when he couldn’t run, he visibly didn’t want the ball as the guys continued to fire it to him.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Turner was great tonight. Created a penalty, scored a goal to give us the lead and his forward runs & high pressing were excellent. I think he should have been the MoM, not Jack Thomson. 

And of course Veldman took him off 🤣

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

Was there as a neutral tonight,  well can you be a neutral when the opposition it Partick Thistle,    Queens were excellent and looked a class above anything I have seen this season,   Thomas on the left was very good and have Thistle trouble all game,  

All in a very good game of football..

33 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Woeful finishing from Paton & Veldman's ridiculous substitutions cost us a win tonight. We were toothless and had no sense of urgency & purpose going forward, especially in the first half. I can understand playing patiently but we played most of the first half as if we were 2-0 ahead. The ref was an absolute clown by the way. 

You honestly didn't think we played better today overall than the last few games? 

1 minute ago, GloriousHoops said:

You honestly didn't think we played better today overall than the last few games? 

You weren't great. In fact some aspects of your play were shambolic.