⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

Having watched the highlights I have a couple of observations.

1. Our 2nd goal came from passing out from the back with Spong taking the ball under pressure from Ferrie on the 18 yard line. Once he had turned his opponent the game opened out in front of him. This is what we were working towards and I believe it's the way to go.

2. Several posters have questioned Robson for their second but it looks like the main culprit was Thomas. He is the guy bombing forward on their kick off and Robson just stands up to the guy on the ball who passes it wide to the player Thomas should have been watching. Watch who Thomson berates and Spong looks at. It's not Robson. The players know.

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Granted Paton was horrendous with his missed chances last night, he’s still got 10 goals for us. He’s a more than capable striker at this level and at 22, he’ll only get better 

4 against Elgin who are bottom of all the leagues and got pumped 6-0 by Jeanfield Swifts. 1 against Bala, Lowland league quality, maybe. 5 in the league, 1 a penalty. 

He’s 23. Prime of life.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Definitely one for the Monday review meeting, although he had a great game at the attacking stuff. That said, it was still there to be defended  and yet another 50-50 at close quarters we’ve conceded. It’s Bannon’s biggest weakness but hopefully he’ll bulk up a bit over the season. 

It’s good to be talking about fine-tuning again rather than rebuilding the engine.

Speaking of Bannon, keeping him on the park when it was clear his mobility was similar to someone who’d skulled ten pints was unfathomable. He could barely move at the end. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

4 against Elgin who are bottom of all the leagues and got pumped 6-0 by Jeanfield Swifts. 1 against Bala, Lowland league quality, maybe. 5 in the league, 1 a penalty. 

He’s 23. Prime of life.

Harsh I’d say. Seems like you’re trying to purposefully downplay his contributions this season which I find bizzare. You say five league goals like it’s a bad thing, we’ve only played one round of fixtures and he’s had almost zero service until last night. If he continues that form across the season he’ll be on 15/16 goals in the league which would be an extremely credible return at this level. 3 assists in the league also at this point, he’s a genuinely intelligent player once you get players around him 

Quite clearly has some development in areas of his game and he’ll be frustrating at times (Queen of the south fans did mention he’ll miss a fair few sitters) but I’ve no real issues with him going forward. It’s a 3 year deal and he’ll only get better

Edited by qpfc

Please please please Robin don't get the tombola back out next week. 

Only one change I'd make is MacPherson at the back and push Louis into midfield and Paddy onto the bench. 

Everyone else, for me, stays the same and in the same positions. 

Until Savoury comes back that's the starting XI IMO. 

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Speaking of Bannon, keeping him on the park when it was clear his mobility was similar to someone who’d skulled ten pints was unfathomable. He could barely move at the end. 

On 28/10/2023 at 12:18, Tangled web said:

Also Alex refused treatment when the physio was waiting at the side of the pitch. He was also asked - I think by Robson - if the subs waiting should come on and he confirmed all was good so Robson communicated that to the bench.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

17 hours ago, qpfc said:

Harsh I’d say. Seems like you’re trying to purposefully downplay report facts his contributions this season which I find bizzare. You say five league goals like it’s a bad thing, we’ve only played one round of fixtures  eleven league games in which he’s played in all and he’s had almost zero service (very harsh) until last night. If he continues that form across the season he’ll be on 15/16 goals in the league which would be an extremely credible decent return at this level. 3 assists in the league cups against Elgin (2) and Bala also at this point, he’s a genuinely intelligent player once you get players around him 

Quite clearly has some development in areas…maybe stop raging at teammates and make a few friends. 

FTFY.

To be fair to the lad, he’s not got a mentor. The summer signings have left us top heavy with defenders. There’s nothing on the bench to gave him help or competition. I thought he looked knackered from about 70 mins yesterday. 

Regards the “players around” comment he’s not had the best of service like yesterday but I would suggest yesterday was the first time he put himself in the middle of the six yard box. It takes two to tango. Previously his MO has been to pick up around the area and try a shot. That’s a midfielders role. He needs to trust his mates more, focus on scoring, work on his positioning and let the coach sort the errors elsewhere.

57 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

FTFY.

To be fair to the lad, he’s not got a mentor. The summer signings have left us top heavy with defenders. There’s nothing on the bench to gave him help or competition. I thought he looked knackered from about 70 mins yesterday. 

Regards the “players around” comment he’s not had the best of service like yesterday but I would suggest yesterday was the first time he put himself in the middle of the six yard box. It takes two to tango. Previously his MO has been to pick up around the area and try a shot. That’s a midfielders role. He needs to trust his mates more, focus on scoring, work on his positioning and let the coach sort the errors elsewhere.

I mean if you’re going to ‘report’ something, at least get your facts right before acting like a smart arse. Assists have not only been in the cup only as I’m sure you forgot to ‘report’ his perfectly weighted low cross at home to Arbroath for Barry Hepburn’s opener and you forgot to ‘report’ his cross that got us off to a flyer away at Dundee United. If Ruari Paton was not present this season, we’d have precisely one win at this stage

You say you’re ‘reporting’ about Ruari Paton but clearly denying his impact in the league is classed as downplaying as stated above

Firstly Nicky Jamieson’s departure in 2020 was a Peter Grant masterplan. Simon Murray was then ultimate charlatan and now Paton is a greeting faced striker with nae pals? I do love the bold assumptions

FTFY

Edited by qpfc

4 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Whether Bannon (via Robson) said he was ok or not, Veldman should have overruled them

To be fair. From a seat high up in the South Stand It was obvious that Alex Bannon was really struggling with that injury, but it might not have been so clear watching from a standing position in the technical area at pitch level through a sea of bodies. 

17 hours ago, qpfc said:

I mean if you’re going to ‘report’ something, at least get your facts right before acting like a smart arse. Assists have not only been in the cup only as I’m sure you forgot to ‘report’ his perfectly weighted low cross at home to Arbroath for Barry Hepburn’s opener and you forgot to ‘report’ his cross that got us off to a flyer away at Dundee United. If Ruari Paton was not present this season, we’d have precisely one win at this stage

You say you’re ‘reporting’ about Ruari Paton but clearly denying his impact in the league is classed as downplaying as stated above

Firstly Nicky Jamieson’s departure in 2020 was a Peter Grant masterplan. Simon Murray was then ultimate charlatan and now Paton is a greeting faced striker with nae pals? I do love the bold assumptions

FTFY

image.gif.8313f8ca4cc1c55c0b0a098a1eaf4c7d.gif