Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Pars head to Kirkcaldy following a couple of extremely disheartening performances/results and we simply have to play better or we will get swallowed up.

It’s not a crisis but this is probably the first time McPake has anything approaching a sticky spell and I’m really hoping we see a much-improved display.

Rovers have had an impressive start and unfortunately we’re playing them just before the clocks go back.

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Pars head to Kirkcaldy following a couple of extremely disheartening performances/results and we simply have to play better or we will get swallowed up.

It’s not a crisis but this is probably the first time McPake has anything approaching a sticky spell and I’m really hoping we see a much-improved display.

Rovers have had an impressive start and unfortunately we’re playing them just before the clocks go back.

We've burst hoodoos at East End and against Inverness this season - if we're going to get decent results this winter it might not be a surprise to see this one go too.

A huge amount of it is going to come down to our injury situation. Had yesterday's game gone ahead we'd have been missing Watson, Corr, Matthews, Hamilton, Gullan and possibly Easton too. It's really a case of seeing where things land next weekend but quite a few of those seem to be longer term. 

With that said, over the last few weeks it really has looked like we've started to click going forwards. In particular, Stanton and Easton have come onto a game, Vaughan looks like he's becoming more confident, and Connolly is now back at full fitness.

I see it being a tight game.

The pars have had a reality check last two games but do also have key players out. 

We’ll create chances for sure but it’ll need to click and a lot will come down to who is in defence and how they perform on the day. 

Do feel we’ll give a team a scudding at some point but doubt it’ll be this game coming. If McPake can’t get a reaction after two horrific performances against derby rivals then he’ll feel an increase in pressure, especially after losing the first home game 0-1.

If we’ve any ambition of giving Utd at least a run to the title and creating a gap to 5th then picking up 3 points here would be ideal.

Should be a good game, probably the two best teams that I’ve seen play Utd this season.

Dunfermline at Tannadice were impressive and Utd were grateful for a very late goal to take a point.  Pars fans made a big deal about missing half their first team for that game, not sure if those players are now back but they don’t seem to have improved since then - though if Benedictus is also now injured then that will be a big loss as he was excellent against Moult.  Raith Rovers played pretty well at home to Utd couple weeks ago and I thought they had better attacking players than Dunfermline.  

I think home advantage will swing it, 2-1 to Raith.

Expecting a close game after the last two meetings this season, a draw and a 1-0 showed there wasn’t much between the teams over 180 minutes. We’ve had a strong start result wise but I think we’ve ridden our luck in a couple of those games which ran out against Airdrie but there’s also been some good performances too.  If Pars are missing Bene that will be a blow to them, DUFC aside luck with injuries will be a big factor for the other 9 teams. Hopefully a decent crowd for this one before the temperatures start to really drop and the clocks change. As the home team we’ll be the bookies choice but I think first goal could dictate this one.  

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Rovers host 7th place Dunfermline 🤣🤣

IMG_3016.jpeg

Why are you boasting about 2400 ticket sales and hoping for 3000?  The first should have been comfortably covered by season tickets and the later only takes at worst a small number who would turn up for any game.

Can’t remember heading in to a game against the Wee Team less arsed and expecting a hiding at the same time. 

Although it’s always darkest before the dawn, and all that…

Still seems a bit too early for Bene unfortunately. Badly need him back. 

Off the scale Falkirk/Cowdenbeath vibes of "you're going to pump is...oh wait, we've won 2-0 against all odds" from the Pars fans. It's a trite point to say but any team can beat another in this league on their day. Really hope we can get some positive news on the injury front over the next few days. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms