Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The rage of the 30 pointers if 11 pointers had snagged all the Fans First tickets would have been awesome to behold. :lol:

Still see some of the 30 pointers want the SFA to use this delayed period to make sure the 30 pointers get the cheap tickets. 

Not sure why they cant tell us when the sale is happening.  This is an issue brought on by SSC and not UEFA - as pointed out above it is not their concern how the SSC distribute tickets and they wont even know the difference between an 11 pointer and a 12 pointer.

Its quite incredible that this has happened as the SSC know they will publicly get flack if they mess things up - surely they had meetings over the past few days to look at all the potential problems and "what ifs" the system should have been fool proof.  They messed up issuing codes within 90 mins of the sale - even a day would have allowed them to rectify the situation and still to the noon sale.

As said above, someone responsible will have their jaicket on a shoogly peg......

29 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Still see some of the 30 pointers want the SFA to use this delayed period to make sure the 30 pointers get the cheap tickets. 

They've been at it for weeks. A couple of my mates slaughtered me for suggesting it's a bit Tory of them.
We're all guaranteed tickets but they want the cheap ones.

ETA: This is a reference to the high pointers, not my mates, who are higher than me, but they haven't been on FB/Twitter/Socials moaning about it.

Edited by Busta Nut

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Not sure why they cant tell us when the sale is happening.  This is an issue brought on by SSC and not UEFA - as pointed out above it is not their concern how the SSC distribute tickets and they wont even know the difference between an 11 pointer and a 12 pointer.

They will be getting new codes issued from Uefa.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

They've been at it for weeks. A couple of my mates slaughtered me for suggesting it's a bit Tory of them.

well isn't is only fair and just that those who have sufficient disposable income to travel the world get the cheap tickets and that those who can only afford to go to home matches pay are stuck with 400 or 600 euro ones?

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Its quite incredible that this has happened as the SSC know they will publicly get flack if they mess things up - surely they had meetings over the past few days to look at all the potential problems and "what ifs" the system should have been fool proof.  They messed up issuing codes within 90 mins of the sale - even a day would have allowed them to rectify the situation and still to the noon sale.

As said above, someone responsible will have their jaicket on a shoogly peg......

They probably will, to be fair it’s only been less than an hour since they sent the emails and realised there was a mistake. Sorting it out will take a bit of time.

would it not have been easier to advise UEFA to not recognise the codes already issued in error to the 11 pointers

UEFA don't give a f**k who's got what. They will have pressed a button to open the sales portal, leaving the SFA to divided the codes up in stages

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

would it not have been easier to advise UEFA to not recognise the codes already issued in error to the 11 pointers

That’s thousands of people, x3 codes, so I doubt that would’ve been easier, or even possible. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

The codes will just be codes to get into the system, I doubt UEFA's system has any way of differentiating between them.

This is a pain in the arse, I'm on 10 points and probably don't have any chance (beyond maybe paying through the nose for Germany, which I likely will), but I'd like to know for sure before the latest UEFA ballot closes next Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I know one or two people saying the same stuff. A gentle "so f**k" shut that down for me. 

You think it’s realistic to get a hold of uefa and demand that it’s done within 1 hour?

UEFA have 20 other countries to sell to and won’t particularly care if more Scottish fans are able to buy tickets earlier than planned.