Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. I assume it's mostly from people in the 12 to 16 point category who are expressly benefiting from it. I don't recall seeing this sort of bitterness towards fellow fans for having the temerity to go more often before.

Benefiting from what? The tickets being sold exactly the same way as they’re sold for any other fixture away from Hampden?

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

Benefiting from what? The tickets being sold exactly the same way as they’re sold for any other fixture away from Hampden?

Sigh.............

No fixture has EVER been sold in this way so that's just nonsense. There haven't been multiple tier pricing for any match since it became the SSC other than the Covid rationed Euro 2020 ones.

Benefited from the fact that if their HAD been an extra tier or two of sales for those above 12 points then those on 12 - 16 points would be left with higher cost tickets, not the Fans First one. But you knew that.🙄

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not that I've noticed, meanwhile some more Cat 3 woes..

That is a pretty good parody of some of those types of supporters. The same points made, word for word, a few times over. Really good attention to detail.

Oh god it's genuine isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well absolutely nobody's HAD to go category 1. There are less people eligible to buy at the moment (7,869) than there are tickets available outside Cat 1, though it's unclear whether the whole 10,150 odd we've got are going on sale or if player allocations etc are coming out of that too. You'd assume Player allocation will come from Cat 1 though if they do.

Assuming pretty much everyone eligible to buy at this point intends to go, about 1,500 per match will have had to buy at least Cat 2 though. Of course there are likely some people who have chosen to do so.

I was looking for an anecdotal indication of how the sales are going rather than speculation based on information I already know.

Of course there will be people who've bought Category 2, but I've not seen anyone say they have.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was meaning the home friendlies against Poland and England! How did he manage to spend that much unless it was away games, he doesn't live in Scotland or he went through a phenomenal amount of beer😄?

Sorry mate I should have explained it better. He went to Turkey and France and drinks like a fish 🐠 

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No fixture has EVER been sold in this way so that's just nonsense. There haven't been multiple tier pricing for any match since it became the SSC other than the Covid rationed Euro 2020 ones.

You mean the last Euros, and the last WC that I assume the SSC are also aware of, so it can't have come totally out of the blue. The 2020/21 Euros had tiered pricing before Covid kicked in.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Not any other fixture. France in 2007 had a big difference in price for categories of tickets and they gave those with more points first shout. We're looking at another 3 or 4 max since then with a major difference in pricing one of which was Belgium where the higher category allocation was tiny so splitting it would've been largely pointless. Certainly not enough to say one way or another what they would or should do.

It's done now anyway and other than a few unlucky folk it seems to have been relatively painless so hopefully we keep qualifying so the same argument can crop up every 2 years.

Scotland fans and tickets 

As somebody said before "if they were a fiver and got delivered by an sfa rep on a horse at a time and place of your choosing somebody would complain about the colour of the horse they used "

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sigh.............

Benefited from the fact that if their HAD been an extra tier or two of sales for those above 12 points then those on 12 - 16 points would be left with higher cost tickets, not the Fans First one. But you knew that.🙄

There has been for non-euro Wembley games I’m sure.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You mean the last Euros, and the last WC that I assume the SSC are also aware of, so it can't have come totally out of the blue. The 2020/21 Euros had tiered pricing before Covid kicked in.

But we didn't SELL them for either so there's no precedent for this.

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. I assume it's mostly from people in the 12 to 16 point category who are expressly benefiting from it. I don't recall seeing this sort of bitterness towards fellow fans for having the temerity to go more often before.

Well absolutely nobody's HAD to go category 1. There are less people eligible to buy at the moment (7,869) than there are tickets available outside Cat 1, though it's unclear whether the whole 10,150 odd we've got are going on sale or if player allocations etc are coming out of that too. You'd assume Player allocation will come from Cat 1 though if they do.

Assuming pretty much everyone eligible to buy at this point intends to go, about 1,500 per match will have had to buy at least Cat 2 though. Of course there are likely some people who have chosen to do so.

No one is showing bitterness at all, just taking the piss out of some of the comments. I’m not sure what there is to be bitter about!

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

But we didn't SELL them for either so there's no precedent for this.

I'm pretty sure it was the exact same procedure for the last Euros, the SSC don't sell the tickets for this one either.

I can maybe see the point of it had went down to a few points in one swoop, but given to be on 12 you have to at least be renewing and going to hampden games (yes I realise you can buy and not go but let’s take it at face value) so it’s not like people are half arsing the supporting thing. I know plenty people that have been to every hampden match for the last god knows how long, but only the odd away game due to many different reasons. The euros are different, people are willing to push the boat out to get over and it’s nice they have the chance. Some people act like they take nothing out of going to away games except points, which is a sad state of affairs imo. 

I don’t have any Ill-will towards those on higher points and have some sympathy with their view about the tiered pricing and being able to get them first.

In the end, apart from Munich the difference in Fans First and Cat 3 pricing, and most people have got one or other in these categories, isn’t massive. The Munich game is a bit of a kick but still in the “might have been worse” category, so I don’t really get what they are moaning about. I wonder how much they’d complain if their mates on lower points ended up in a different category after a more tiered sale, and they couldn’t sit with them. 

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm pretty sure it was the exact same procedure for the last Euros, the SSC don't sell the tickets for this one either.

It was the exact same procedure but tickets were so severely limited that there wasn't this sort of mass sale of 10,000 tickets.

Absolutely delighted I managed to get Fans tickets for both Hungary and Switzerland. I wouldn't be able to justify going to the Germany game too so didn't buy for that. Going to be buzzing for 6 months!

I do have sympathy for those on high points paying more, but ultimately the membership is about guaranteeing tickets so can see why the SSC did it the way they did. Easy for me to say with 13 points I suppose. I hope it's the high point harvesters that have had to pay for dearer tickets

46 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No one is showing bitterness at all, just taking the piss out of some of the comments. I’m not sure what there is to be bitter about!

Exactly, nothing to be bitter about. I know several people on all sorts of points tallies who were eligible today and all got the tickets they wanted. Every single one, even those who ran into problems, myself included. 

Is it an intrinsically Scottish thing to be permanently non-plussed? 

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was the exact same procedure but tickets were so severely limited that there wasn't this sort of mass sale of 10,000 tickets.

Haven't found the SSC advice from 2019 but the numbers weren't that different for England. They knew what the situation would be.

Anyway, apart from the day 1 blip I'd say they're doing ok so far! :)

image.png.18f6637eca626a360f087ca2c216bdf1.png

https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/dec/10/category-splits

Edited by welshbairn

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't found the SSC advice from 2019 but the numbers weren't that different for England. They knew what the situation would be.

Anyway, apart from the day 1 blip I'd say they're doing ok so far! :)

image.png.18f6637eca626a360f087ca2c216bdf1.png

https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/dec/10/category-splits

The numbers did end up being different though, England didn't get a near 12k allocation against us.

So other than the numbers being different, around 70% of tickets being in the cheapest category, England running a system where all members could apply and were then allocated tickets based on your points total and them giving priority for lower categories to fans with more points it's exactly the same. :)