Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The numbers did end up being different though, England didn't get a near 12k allocation against us.

So other than the numbers being different, around 70% of tickets being in the cheapest category, England running a system where all members could apply and were then allocated tickets based on your points total and them giving priority for lower categories to fans with more points it's exactly the same. :)

I'd imagine the SSC like the rest of us would have had at least 6 months notice of what the system would be this time around. Not that I'm criticising them, a day 1 blip can happen to anyone, and between them and Uefa it seems to be working fairly smoothly now, apart from the insane prices in Munich that are solely down to Uefa.

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Does anyone know why you don’t get SSC points for these tickets? 

It's another one of those 'it's always been the case' things.

I'd imagine they don't want to have to deal with complaints of those who just miss out that people just ahead of them could potentially end up 6 points ahead of them by the time the Nations League comes around in September (or 12 points if you think we're winning the lot). The argument is probably that these are the games we build up points to go to and also it's UEFA who adminster the tickets so I'm not even sure if the SSC have a record of who is getting tickets.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's another one of those 'it's always been the case' things.

I'd imagine they don't want to have to deal with complaints of those who just miss out that people just ahead of them could potentially end up 6 points ahead of them by the time the Nations League comes around in September (or 12 points if you think we're winning the lot). The argument is probably that these are the games we build up points to go to and also it's UEFA who adminster the tickets so I'm not even sure if the SSC have a record of who is getting tickets.

Cheers, that makes sense. We were just talking about the tickets and realised we didn’t know why, as you say it’s just always been that way.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't found the SSC advice from 2019 but the numbers weren't that different for England. They knew what the situation would be.

Anyway, apart from the day 1 blip I'd say they're doing ok so far! :)

image.png.18f6637eca626a360f087ca2c216bdf1.png

https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/dec/10/category-splits

I'm not sure if your just missing the point here? We're not debating what categories there were or how England sold them. The point of debate is the suggestion the SFA are selling the exact same way they have previously. My point is they are not because they've never had to deal with this to this extent.

This is NOT how they sold tickets in France 98. Back then they gave the highest points members 3 tickets at their chosen category then allocated one match ticket to everyone else, not at their choice, you got whichever one you were given. I got a ticket for the Norway game and at that point had never been abroad with Scotland. 

They never held a mass sale for Euro 2020. Crowds were already banned by the time we qualified and the eventual limited sale was only to the highest pointers anyway as it was so restricted.

There's no precedent for saying this is what the SSC always do because its the first time they've held a sale across such a large range of ticket buyers where tickets are categorised. Normal away games are one ticket, one price.

Anyway, we are where we are and the 1st bulk sale is done. Of course whilst there was a bit of panic for some on the Fans First ones, nobody today was panicked about getting a ticket. Tomorrow will be the big one with only about one in three getting a ticket and the consequences of being 'kicked out' or entering something wrong are not getting there rather than having to spend a few quid more.

I'll be really interested to see how many Cat 1's, if any, remain available through the 11 pointers. Hopefully they actually tell us! 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I'd imagine everybody with 12+ points has already purchased today. Just used my access code to check what was still there for the Germany game for those buying tomorrow and there are still category 3 tickets, sure they'll go quick tomorrow then it's a question if those on lower points fancy spending a hefty amount, suds many will.

I really don't get this "sympathy" that everyone has wee bit of for high pointers. There are 10k tickets and the numbers meant the first 7.8K or whatever it was, are guaranteed tickets.

This wasn't good enough. Some people thought they were entitled to the cheap seats cos they are better than the rest. 

You know what the moan is now? They can't sit next to their high point pals. 

As someone said it's not been bitter by anyone just a bit of slaggin them off. However their attitude throughout this whole process has been horrible.

I got 3 FF tickets on 13 points for what it is worth.

2 hours ago, Ceiling Granny said:

I can maybe see the point of it had went down to a few points in one swoop, but given to be on 12 you have to at least be renewing and going to hampden games (yes I realise you can buy and not go but let’s take it at face value) so it’s not like people are half arsing the supporting thing. I know plenty people that have been to every hampden match for the last god knows how long, but only the odd away game due to many different reasons. The euros are different, people are willing to push the boat out to get over and it’s nice they have the chance. Some people act like they take nothing out of going to away games except points, which is a sad state of affairs imo. 

Aye good point.  I have missed two competitive games at home since 1995....and at no time have i lived within 150 miles of Hampden (not that that matters) I feel of lot of fellow 12 pointers are somehow being vilified as part-time supporters by the so called  "elite". We all had the opportunity to buy tickets today, either Fans First or Category 3 so it would be fair to say that absolutely everyone eligible is a genuine Scotland fan - just that financial and other personal circumstances do not allow some to travel overseas whilst it affords that luxury to others (in the nineties I was a great deal of away games but thats simply not possible for me anymore)

Donating unused access codes for others to use would assume that the codes are not specific to the individuals that they've been issued to. Does anyone know if that's true?

You'd have to imagine that the digital ticket will have some type of ID on it.

47 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You know what the moan is now? They can't sit next to their high point pals. 

At a gold dust ticket game the last thing I'd be worrying about would be sitting with my pals.

Enjoy the build up together, arrange a meet up point for after the game and enjoy actually being at it.

I had a ticket for the Brazil game at France 98 along with one other of our crowd (seated apart).

The other 10 or so of us had hee haw.

We arranged to meet in a pub in Saint Denis at full time and everyone survived to tell the tale.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Does anyone know why you don’t get SSC points for these tickets? 

Once the SSC send you the code, they’re no longer involved in the process. They won’t know who’s used the codes and so won’t be able to allocate points accordingly. I’m unsure whether or not they’d be willing or able to get this data.

There’s also the argument that tournament tickets are the ‘reward’ for gaining all these points by attending friendlies and qualifiers.

1 hour ago, Buddy Love said:

Donating unused access codes for others to use would assume that the codes are not specific to the individuals that they've been issued to. Does anyone know if that's true?

You'd have to imagine that the digital ticket will have some type of ID on it.

It asks for your passport number on the portal and the tickets apparently go to an app that is aligned with your account as well. Unless it was a close friend that’s happy to share their details, I’m not sure you’d really be able to manage it otherwise.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Once the SSC send you the code, they’re no longer involved in the process. They won’t know who’s used the codes and so won’t be able to allocate points accordingly. I’m unsure whether or not they’d be willing or able to get this data.

There’s also the argument that tournament tickets are the ‘reward’ for gaining all these points by attending friendlies and qualifiers.

Thanks, yes that makes sense.

43 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

At a gold dust ticket game the last thing I'd be worrying about would be sitting with my pals.

Enjoy the build up together, arrange a meet up point for after the game and enjoy actually being at it.

I had a ticket for the Brazil game at France 98 along with one other of our crowd (seated apart).

The other 10 or so of us had hee haw.

We arranged to meet in a pub in Saint Denis at full time and everyone survived to tell the tale.

I went to Paris with 3 pals and none of us had tickets. I did meet Joanna Lumley at Waterloo on the way across and got my photo taken with her and the lion rampant flag. That made the trip worthwhile  regardless of everything else. Ended up watching the game in a basement bar with Iranian 🇮🇷 football fans…

Been a Tartan army member for over 25 years. Rarely miss a home game but only have 9 points due to getting a freebie ticket for Ukraine game and not travelling abroad. Do not expect to get any tickets so 3 of us decided to go to the Switzerland game. Less Germans and mad Hungarian fans. Paid well over the odds for category 3 tickets. Well over the odds ! So will be surprised and disappointed if there actually are any left come Sunday🤷‍♂️

All that said at one point I was considering paying 1800 Euros for hospitality. Now we have the whole trip plus tickets for less than that. Is what it is. 

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I went to Paris with 3 pals and none of us had tickets. I did meet Joanna Lumley at Waterloo on the way across and got my photo taken with her and the lion rampant flag. That made the trip worthwhile  regardless of everything else. Ended up watching the game in a basement bar with Iranian 🇮🇷 football fans…

Been a Tartan army member for over 25 years. Rarely miss a home game but only have 9 points due to getting a freebie ticket for Ukraine game and not travelling abroad. Do not expect to get any tickets so 3 of us decided to go to the Switzerland game. Less Germans and mad Hungarian fans. Paid well over the odds for category 3 tickets. Well over the odds ! So will be surprised and disappointed if there actually are any left come Sunday🤷‍♂️

All that said at one point I was considering paying 1800 Euros for hospitality. Now we have the whole trip plus tickets for less than that. Is what it is. 

How did you get the tickets for the Switzerland game if you don't mind me asking?

Viagogo?

1 minute ago, Div said:

How did you get the tickets for the Switzerland game if you don't mind me asking?

Viagogo?

Live football tickets. Bought tickets before from them a couple of times and no problems. I had noticed that the price of tickets often comes down in the run up to games based on demand.

Already the Category 3 tickets are £50 less than I paid per ticket 🤷‍♂️. But still £265 plus booking fee. Currently they say they have over 600 available. When I booked it was around 400. I suspect once the SFA ticket sale is concluded the prices will go up again. Don’t ask me where they get the tickets from. And yes I still worry if it is all going to work out 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Anyone with unused access codes for Switzerland/Hubgary? And can have a look at what sections are available on that one…

I can only check Hungary, but by the looks of it only Fans First and Restricted View Category 3 have sold out so far. Regular Category 3 and all the more expensive categories are still showing as available options.

FWIW, I thought the ticket buying process was fairly simple - with one exception. My original basket timed out after I'd clicked 'Buy Now', but before I'd accepted Ts&Cs or chosen/entered a payment method (originally you were supposed to have 15 minutes to check out, but this was then reduced to 5 due to a high number of users attempting to access the site). To be honest, 5 minutes would still have been enough time - that was on me for fannying around.

Timing out meant I got logged out and then my access codes for the two games I'd been trying to buy wouldn't work for upwards of 30 minutes, with the interupted order sitting on my account as 'In Progress' (and - weirdly - stating that it had been paid). It sounds like people were unable to re-use an access code for varying amounts of time, including some who got back on signficantly quicket than me. I didn't try closing the browser and restarting, which other people seem to reckon worked for resetting their codes. Once the original order changed to cancelled I was able to get back in for tickets to those games - but there's no option for you as a user to cancel it yourself. 

The short version is just don't let your basket time out. There weren't really any repercussions for me, as I got the same tickets anyway once I could eventually get back in. The stakes in terms of pricing/availability will obviously be much higher tomorrow though. 

1 minute ago, AlMacD said:

I can only check Hungary, but by the looks of it only Fans First and Restricted View Category 3 have sold out so far. Regular Category 3 and all the more expensive categories are still showing as available options.

FWIW, I thought the ticket buying process was fairly simple - with one exception. My original basket timed out after I'd clicked 'Buy Now', but before I'd accepted Ts&Cs or chosen/entered a payment method (originally you were supposed to have 15 minutes to check out, but this was then reduced to 5 due to a high number of users attempting to access the site). To be honest, 5 minutes would still have been enough time - that was on me for fannying around.

Timing out meant I got logged out and then my access codes for the two games I'd been trying to buy wouldn't work for upwards of 30 minutes, with the interupted order sitting on my account as 'In Progress' (and - weirdly - stating that it had been paid). It sounds like people were unable to re-use an access code for varying amounts of time, including some who got back on signficantly quicket than me. I didn't try closing the browser and restarting, which other people seem to reckon worked for resetting their codes. Once the original order changed to cancelled I was able to get back in for tickets to those games - but there's no option for you as a user to cancel it yourself. 

The short version is just don't let your basket time out. There weren't really any repercussions for me, as I got the same tickets anyway once I could eventually get back in. The stakes in terms of pricing/availability will obviously be much higher tomorrow though. 

Thanks for that. 

Yeah, the process was fine for me today - but it’s going to be horrible for those tomorrow who have tickets and then they time out or have payment issues like lots of people today.