Steelmen vs Staggies - 28/10/23

Back to two up top it is then, but not necessarily the two I was expecting.

Great to see Butcher and Mika back on the bench, which all of a sudden contains a few options rather than a bunch of school weans. A comfortable lead which lets us give the returning guys a wee 20-25 mins off the bench would be ideal but think that’s very unlikely. It’ll be tight…2-1 ‘Well. 

Just now, Pete the Jakey said:

On Open all Mics Derek Ferguson just called it as a back three of Baldwin, Brown and Leak…

8CA32BC1-35ED-4059-AD2E-7E649161E9DF.gif.996b46f83c8383bac3bac52636ae6790.gif

If it’s a back three it will be Randall as the right centre back and a midfield base of Allardice and Loturi. 

It could well be the same back five shape.

I think that the 442 diamond formation suits that XI because that system calls for two mobile strikers in the absence of any width, and you need both full backs to attack and Harmon is a more attacking left-back than Purrington. 

22 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

If it’s a back three it will be Randall as the right centre back and a midfield base of Allardice and Loturi. 

It could well be the same back five shape.

I think that the 442 diamond formation suits that XI because that system calls for two mobile strikers in the absence of any width, and you need both full backs to attack and Harmon is a more attacking left-back than Purrington. 

If that’s the case, and I tend to agree with you, why not have Henderson on the bench to be able to add the width that’s brutally missing?

I struggle to see how anyone gets any enjoyment from watching Malky’s team anymore.  

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

442 diamond. 
White dropped  😬 

54 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

On Open all Mics Derek Ferguson just called it as a back three of Baldwin, Brown and Leak…

8CA32BC1-35ED-4059-AD2E-7E649161E9DF.gif.996b46f83c8383bac3bac52636ae6790.gif

51 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Glad to see we've moved from what is effectively a back 5, but that midfield has ZERO width.

Litouri was absolute murder on Tuesday night, would be happier had Turner been in his place.

FB_IMG_1698499203062.jpg

It's definitely a back 4.

Looks like a 4222, with Dhanda and Loturi behind the two strikers to me.