Rangers v Hearts

I’m hoping we don’t see the same Rangers that turned up for the first half on Thursday.

Ridvan surely to come back into the side which will allow us to play Sima in his more natural forward position.

Sounds like Dessers will be getting the nod as Clement has hinted Danilo isn’t quite fit enough to start.

Hearts will probably be overly attacking here, as Naismith will want to impress the Rangers directors.

Be interesting to see if they catch an unexpecting Rangers cold with that.

I just can't see Dessers coming good, the more that we play him the worse he seems to get, similar with Lammers.  If Sima has more freedom then he's our best chance of a goal.

Cantwell looks as if he's not fully fit yet, I just hope that playing him doesn't backfire on us.

2 - 1 and the usual nervous finish as Hearts pile forward in the last 10 minutes.

Edited by bennett

Was on buying semi-final tickets last week and very nearly bought a ticket for this.

Fortunately came to my senses and it had sold out by the time I checked again.

A more or less irrelevant game for Hearts. We'll lose and the Naismith farce will roll on for another few weeks. Scoreline and the actual match itself almost feel pointless.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I just can't see Dessers coming good, the more that we play him the worse he seems to get, similar with Lammers.  If Sima has more freedom then he's our best chance of a goal.

Cantwell looks as if he's not fully fit yet, I just hope that playing him doesn't backfire on us.

2 - 1 and the usual nervous finish as Hearts pile forward in the last 10 minutes.

I want Dessers to be a success, but the longer it goes in it just looks like one of these transfers that's not going to work.  Obviously I want to be proved wrong, but I would expect Danilo to be displacing him in the team once he's fit enough.  We just look more of a threat when he's on the park. 

Lammers is a strange one, because I don't actually think he's been anywhere near as bad as has been made out. I think maybe folk were expecting him to score more, but I don't think he's that type of player or is being asked to perform that role in the team. 

5 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't think we're as bad as a lot of people are making out, though that's a pretty low bar.  If we set up properly then we have the makings of a decent team and could cause Rangers problems.

So, 3 nil Rangers it is

I think Hearts have a good squad. Qualifying for Europe with the players we have should be a skoosh.

Get rid of Naismith, bring in a proper coach, and I think Hearts will qualify for Europe comfortably.

But the wrong guy has the job. He just shouldn't be there and he makes the team worse than the sum of its parts.

On 27/10/2023 at 20:53, Darren said:

It won't matter, Hearts are utterly shite.

11 hours ago, Darren said:

It's not a major test of anything. Hearts are shit.

Tell us what you really think and get off that fence Darren 😆

I get Celtic and Rangers fans are keen to make things a little more interesting for themselves, but this isn't competition in the true sense of the word at the best of times.

This isn’t the best of times for Hearts. A routine home win is overwhelmingly likely.

I look at the squad and I don't see a team of players that can go to Ibrox and win so I would choose a team of players that can try to make it Rangers nil. The game will be terrible to watch and everyone will moan because we don't have a go and just sit in.

I don't think Naismith sees it this way and he will go there to win with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

12 hours ago, Darren said:

It's not a major test of anything. Hearts are shit.

If we're not winning after 30 minutes or so, you'll see the fans starting to get on the players backs.  Plus Dessers doing Dessers things. 

1 hour ago, Darren said:

I get Celtic and Rangers fans are keen to make things a little more interesting for themselves, but this isn't competition in the true sense of the word at the best of times.

This isn’t the best of times for Hearts. A routine home win is overwhelmingly likely.

We aren’t exactly firing on all cylinders mate. We just axed our manager a couple of weeks ago 😅

I fully expect Rangers to win, but if you’ve watched us at all this season, then you’d appreciate it’s hardly a foregone conclusion.