City v Annan

Bottom of the table clash.  A win for City will close the gap, a loss will leave us at least 7 or 8 points adrift depending on the Cove score.

We’re still on a high after collecting a point away to Hamilton last week and still hopefully on that new manager bounce.

2-1 City win 🤞 

Edited by Bay Citizen

Talking to myself in this thread 😂, I’ll put it down to Annan fans travelling back and City fans celebrating.

Finally got our first win and leaving St Johnstone as the last team in the SPFL without a win.

Really thought we were going to struggle with Ryan Shanley being suspended for this but ended up being a very well deserved 3 pts, despite the last nerve shredding 5 minutes.  Very thankful for Lee Hamilton’s goal mouth blocking.

Things are looking up over the last couple of games since Micheal McIndoe came in and hopeful we can actually make a decent attempt at staying in League One.

P.S. Aiden Smith is still a diving pr*ck with a crap haircut.

I never knew Shanley was suspended, but was disappointed his name was missing from the starting line up.

The boys worked hard and have actually been better in most games than the league position suggests.

I'm so glad we got this win over the line, and hopefully we can kick on now and win some more games.

Trying to be objective here,

Annan gave their usual customary start to the opposition under 10 mins - are wee just nice people or F---en uless at defending.

Half an hour we are back in the game Tommy Goss through on goal,brought down,penalty - last defender he should have walked ( then again refs don't like the wee team !)

End of 1st half we're attacking - counter attack  2- .Hi very clinical finish take nothing away from it.

10 mins in to 2nd half  a very very soft penalty 3-1.

Annan bring on Garrity & Graham - too much too late , get a consolation penalty.

Anyway Hoppys Bar spot on ,full o friendly Hibees.

Think my nerves have about settled after those last 10 minutes. Great feeling to finally get that win and hopefully we can be competitive from here on in.

Shanley was a huge miss and I think we'd have won more comfortably if he was playing.

Thought Lee Hamilton was unbelievable again, that block on the line was an absolute lifesaver.

No matter what happens this season we'll always have pantomime villain,  Aidan Smith giving the crowd a bit then being at fault for 2 of our goals and being booked for diving. Great stuff.

12 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Trying to be objective here,

Annan gave their usual customary start to the opposition under 10 mins - are wee just nice people or F---en uless at defending.

Half an hour we are back in the game Tommy Goss through on goal,brought down,penalty - last defender he should have walked ( then again refs don't like the wee team !)

if you're the wee team then by logic that makes City the big team. 

I don't think they've been the big team since they turned up to Kelso United in the Scotland Rugby team coach. 

14 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Or maybe the ref was applying the rules of the game? "Last defender" isn't a red card offence. 

6 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Might be wrong but if the pens given its not an automatic red now. If its a freekick for a clear goalscorer opportunity then its a red. Takes away the double punishment. See the Bayern Munich game the other night for a few examples 😆

You're not wrong neeb seen it in a Sunday league game other week , boy chopped attacking player down just outside the box , straight red , ref told him had he done it in box it would've been a pen and a yellow 

11 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Aidan Smith giving the crowd a bit then being at fault for 2 of our goals and being booked for diving. Great stuff.

And then diving later on as well. He's not very bright. He did the same against us but managed to avoid a deserved booking. 

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And then diving later on as well. He's not very bright. He did the same against us but managed to avoid a deserved booking. 

He dived v us to win a penalty in the playoff final so gets a fair bit of stick from our lot now. Probably the same at every ground around the country to be honest! An absolutely tremendous villain