Killie v Dons

4 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

One of the big turning points was Robson taking off McKenzie. Explain that one to me… 

It was a strange decision, but I don't think it was a turning point at all. We were all over them for basically the entire game.

That was alot worse than expected.

Horrendous tactics/style of play employed by Robson. Last saw play like that when the goals were jerseys and the players were under 12 years old, and the year was approx 1980.

Kick and rush, punt and hope, throw long and lose it. What is his tactic, try and get 2nd balls? Rarely get those either. 
Robson please f**k off with this utter utter dross asap. There are some decent players at Aberdeen and you are squeezing the life out of them. 
Can barely bring myself to listen to his after match analysis anymore. Almost as deluded as the buns are about liquidation. Almost mind, nobody else can be that deluded right enough. 

5 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

That was alot worse than expected.

Horrendous tactics/style of play employed by Robson. Last saw play like that when the goals were jerseys and the players were under 12 years old, and the year was approx 1980.

Kick and rush, punt and hope, throw long and lose it. What is his tactic, try and get 2nd balls? Rarely get those either. 
Robson please f**k off with this utter utter dross asap. There are some decent players at Aberdeen and you are squeezing the life out of them. 
Can barely bring myself to listen to his after match analysis anymore. Almost as deluded as the buns are about liquidation. Almost mind, nobody else can be that deluded right enough. 

Said at the start of the season that Hearts, Aberdeen, and St Johnstone were all making a mistake going with the 'promote a novice' option.

One sacked by Halloween, and I expect the other two to be gone by Easter.

First of all well done to Killie, totally deserved the win. Could and should have been a humping scoreline reflective of the game.

Aberdeen were dreadful... atrocious. As has been said, Robson probably deserved the job after the achievements last season but I think it's best we find something else before next weekend and the tough run of fixtures afterwards where we could really be in trouble after those.

Was willing to give him a little longer but after the nonsense he came out with about the Kilmarnock pitch, I'm sorry but I don't want that kind of anti football mentality and I'm sure the players don't respect that either. They are better than this hoofball, no urgency dross we've been seeing far too much 

That was the most I've enjoyed a game since the Celtic cup game. 

I thought it took 15 minutes for football to break out and thereafter we were superb. Could and should have been more. Armstrong and Kennedy very unlucky not to score with their efforts. 

Unhappy with McInnes trying to make such a negative substitution at 1-0 (it transpired to be 2 because Watkins scored) but lucky for him it never came back to bite us. 

Was swithering about Wednesday but we were so good today I'll need to make the effort to get up to Perth.

22 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Said at the start of the season that Hearts, Aberdeen, and St Johnstone were all making a mistake going with the 'promote a novice' option.

One sacked by Halloween, and I expect the other two to be gone by Easter.

Can you really see Naismith lasting until Easter.

2 hours ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

Well that was just a brilliant game!

Great skill on show from the likes of Kennedy, Vassell and a few others. 

Absolutely rock solid defending against a bunch of diving b*****ds. If Duk put as much energy into playing as he does diving about trying to get fouls and cards, he could be a good player.

For ages I've been wanting an easy, simple win with no blundering refs, stupid red cards or last-gasp goals.

Aberdeen looked tired but that's no excuse for how disorganised and ragged they were. 

Thankfully, we took 2 of our chances. On another day we could have had 5 or 6.

Get it right up your Willie Miller.

Can't really expand on this as I think everything you've said here I agree with. Especially the last sentence.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

As long as you're not suggesting we are stuck with Barry until Easter.

It's becoming like Goodwin in reverse. Goodwin could get a team to batter shite at home (especially with a lot of red cards and penalties) but was clueless how to approach away games or difficult matches. Said last autumn he'd be gone by this season, and the only surprise was it came as quickly as it did. But the pattern was clear to see by autumn.

Robson would be fine if you only played teams who are better than you. He seems good at that. But his inability to work out how to win when you should will see him punted.

Naismith just has no idea how to put a balanced side on the park. It's hard to say who will go first. Hearts have quite tough fixtures up to the break. Can't see Naismith surviving that. It might be a close run thing between him and Robson, mind.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's becoming like Goodwin in reverse. Goodwin could get a team to batter shite at home (especially with a lot of red cards and penalties) but was clueless how to approach away games or difficult matches. Said last autumn he'd be gone by this season, and the only surprise was it came as quickly as it did. But the pattern was clear to see by autumn.

Robson would be fine if you only played teams who are better than you. He seems good at that. But his inability to work out how to win when you should will see him punted.

Naismith just has no idea how to put a balanced side on the park. It's hard to say who will go first. Hearts have quite tough fixtures up to the break. Can't see Naismith surviving that. It might be a close run thing between him and Robson, mind.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

I think there's a similarity in that the two of them are probably technically (in terms of exams and technical knowledge) good, and could talk to you as if they've swallowed a coaching manual. I think it shows in this ability to cope with better opponents. Naismith's two games at Ibrox have been arguably his best line-ups he's put out. Two excellent first halves.

But neither show ability to manage a game, use subs well, or deal with an opponent that wants to contain their side.

Almost like they lack experience or something.

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

First of all well done to Killie, totally deserved the win. Could and should have been a humping scoreline reflective of the game.

Aberdeen were dreadful... atrocious. As has been said, Robson probably deserved the job after the achievements last season but I think it's best we find something else before next weekend and the tough run of fixtures afterwards where we could really be in trouble after those.

Was willing to give him a little longer but after the nonsense he came out with about the Kilmarnock pitch, I'm sorry but I don't want that kind of anti football mentality and I'm sure the players don't respect that either. They are better than this hoofball, no urgency dross we've been seeing far too much 

Fair assessment & as DukDuk said big Kyle can fold very  quickly for someone who spends most of his time bodying defenders. Every team has one & I am glad he is ours. Aberdeen will be fine as & when they change managers & stop the hoofball, the players you have are genuinely better than that.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

That was the most I've enjoyed a game since the Celtic cup game. 

I thought it took 15 minutes for football to break out and thereafter we were superb. Could and should have been more. Armstrong and Kennedy very unlucky not to score with their efforts. 

Unhappy with McInnes trying to make such a negative substitution at 1-0 (it transpired to be 2 because Watkins scored) but lucky for him it never came back to bite us. 

Was swithering about Wednesday but we were so good today I'll need to make the effort to get up to Perth.

Whilst I know there is a lack of confidence in McInnes because of some of the horrendous performances and McInnes tombola last season that’s 2 weeks in a row we’ve been two goals clear and went more defensive and not conceded any goals. You need to give him some credit for the game management today.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The only way I can see us gaining a measure of control in midfield is to play Barron, Shinnie and Clarkson together. But I don’t think we have the players to go 4-2-3-1 , particularly with Duk in such dire form.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the 5-4-1 on display for the next 2 games.