Killie v Dons

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

How long until Robson is punted?

Bizarre that clubs as big as Aberdeen and Hearts thought giving rookie managers a chance was a bright idea.

No surprise to see both failing miserably.

I’m not saying Robson is doing a good job but it would’ve been impossible to give anyone else the job after what he did as interim manager.

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

I’m not saying Robson is doing a good job but it would’ve been impossible to give anyone else the job after what he did as interim manager.

I'm sure there's a few exceptions but the decent as interim then utterly failing once permanent must be a proper footballing trope by now.

Can't remember it ever really working out long term.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Disagree.

A few good weeks coupled with absolutely no other experience qualifying him for the job is a really flimsy reason to commit the club to a contract with a coach. Form comes and goes, and Aberdeen had already slowed by the end of last season. It should have been a thankyou, but now we get an experienced coach in to build.

Same goes for Hearts hiring Naismith on a very flimsy basis.

It's been two really bad decisions from two boards, and many people called it at the time.

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

Duk is a disgrace  - been a while since I've seen someone dive so much 

He's just turned in to a Portuguese Pawlett. I thought he was class last season when he seemed to be everywhere on the pitch but doesn't seem to really give a f**k this season, doesn't look massively fit either.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The thing was, the results were great, but a lot of the performances gave us a clue about how this would go. But I agree it put Cormack in a difficult position.