Killie v Dons

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

The only way I can see us gaining a measure of control in midfield is to play Barron, Shinnie and Clarkson together. But I don’t think we have the players to go 4-2-3-1 , particularly with Duk in such dire form.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the 5-4-1 on display for the next 2 games.

I think we could easily put Duk wide left with MacKenzie or Jensen at full back.

Hayes would be too gung ho.

12 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

The only way I can see us gaining a measure of control in midfield is to play Barron, Shinnie and Clarkson together. But I don’t think we have the players to go 4-2-3-1 , particularly with Duk in such dire form.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the 5-4-1 on display for the next 2 games.

The best performances this season has been 1-up front. Hopefully he changes the formation because the system isn't working, although any formation yesterday would not have worked. 

Getting up early to travel for that disgraceful performance - still angry today!

Kilmarnock outplayed us all over the park and could have easily been three up before they scored. 

Eye bleeding long ball kick and rush is supposed to go with a well organised defence. We don't have a well organised defence. We still have a shambles. Unless we have everyone behind the ball. 

14 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Whilst I know there is a lack of confidence in McInnes because of some of the horrendous performances and McInnes tombola last season that’s 2 weeks in a row we’ve been two goals clear and went more defensive and not conceded any goals. You need to give him some credit for the game management today.

He also very clearly explained why he took Watkins off - he hadn't trained all week and we have a game on Wednesday. Neither of the forwards on the bench could have come on and played the same role, so putting McKenzie on made sense. I think there are some absolutely miserable individuals in our support who are desperate to find a reason to moan even when the performance didn't give them a single one.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He also very clearly explained why he took Watkins off - he hadn't trained all week and we have a game on Wednesday. Neither of the forwards on the bench could have come on and played the same role, so putting McKenzie on made sense. I think there are some absolutely miserable individuals in our support who are desperate to find a reason to moan even when the performance didn't give them a single one.

I posted it an hour or two after the game, when I hadn't seen any explanation from him as to why Watkins was subbed. Even if he had to take him off for that reason, it didn't mean he couldn't change him like for like, so doesn't address my point that it was a negative substitution in any way. 

To suggest someone is "absolutely miserable" because they were unhappy/disagreed with one of the manager's decisions, in a post where they otherwise heaped praise, is total nonsense, like most of the turgid shite you post on here.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

I posted it an hour or two after the game, when I hadn't seen any explanation from him as to why Watkins was subbed. Even if he had to take him off for that reason, it didn't mean he couldn't change him like for like, so doesn't address my point that it was a negative substitution in any way. 

To suggest someone is "absolutely miserable" because they were unhappy/disagreed with one of the manager's decisions, in a post where they otherwise heaped praise, is total nonsense, like most of the turgid shite you post on here.

In his KTV interview, he explains the reasons behind the tactical changes.