Celtic - St Mirren 1 Nov

This result concludes my July to November interest in the Scottish Premiership. I guess there’s still an extreme outside chance that St Mirren split Celtic/Rangers but it’ll be Championship and below for me until we repeat the process next autumn.

This league is fucking atrocious.

16 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

That video of them walking out is genuinely one if the most pathetic things I've ever seen football fans do. Utterly embarrassing.

Tbf the traffic was horrendous last night, good thinking getting out early.

‘use the heid, beat the stampede’. 

15 hours ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

That was bloody torture 🙉  Not the game ? listening to Peter Grant he's got to be the most biased commentator ever 

It’s Celtic tv mate 🤷🏻‍♂️

On the game, we weren’t in full sparkling form but you’ve really gotta give Steve Robinson credit for how he sets up his squads. 
McGregor & Palma are playing well at the moment. So happy for Oh getting his goal, the big lad has been patience personified waiting for that opportunity. 
Big 3pts gained last night. 

23 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

On the game, we weren’t in full sparkling form but you’ve really gotta give Steve Robinson credit for how he sets up his squads. 
McGregor & Palma are playing well at the moment. So happy for Oh getting his goal, the big lad has been patience personified waiting for that opportunity. 

Also…. Get Forrest in the bin, Yang did more in his 1st 5 mins on the park than Forrest did in the hour he was on,  and how the f**k did Micky Johnstone get on before him on sat too? Mind boggling. 

Decent performance from us. Thought Hemming, Taylor and Tanser were all magnificent. The rest of the team definitely got pass marks. Only concern was Strain getting absolutely done time after time when Yang came on. As good as he is, I think it's getting to the point where we might need to accept that you get a brilliant 60 minutes from him and then he needs to get hooked.

I also share the view of a previous poster who thought we could've been a wee bit more adventurous (in the way we were in the 2-2 game last season). The last 10 minutes showed we could give them problems. Easy said now though. If we'd hung on and got a draw, I probably wouldn't be saying that.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Decent performance from us. Thought Hemming, Taylor and Tanser were all magnificent. The rest of the team definitely got pass marks. Only concern was Strain getting absolutely done time after time when Yang came on. As good as he is, I think it's getting to the point where we might need to accept that you get a brilliant 60 minutes from him and then he needs to get hooked.

Palma had the beating of Strain as well. Bit of an off night for him, tbh.

41 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I get that... You have to expect a fair bit of biased commentary on these channels.  ours is very biased too not somethingI particularly I like either.. but that was way over the top from Peter Grant... give the opposition a wee bit of credit. We played that game to the best of our ability and fairly.  We're competing with Celtic at totally different level a much bigger gap than yous ever face in Europe..  He should take a wee listen to the Hearts commentators the most fairest in the league by a country mile 

1 hour ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

I get that... You have to expect a fair bit of biased commentary on these channels.  ours is very biased too not somethingI particularly I like either.. but that was way over the top from Peter Grant... give the opposition a wee bit of credit. We played that game to the best of our ability and fairly.  We're competing with Celtic at totally different level a much bigger gap than yous ever face in Europe..  He should take a wee listen to the Hearts commentators the most fairest in the league by a country mile 

One of the funniest commentary moments ever came when Celtic beat 10 man St Mirren last year and the St Mirren pundit says something like “well at least it’s still 1-1” as a free kick is taken, Celtic score and there’s a long pause then the main guy says “thanks for that Jamie.” 

18 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kyogo-booking-sparks-furious-celtic-31340320?int_source=nba

Peter Grant being an absolute seething mess is nothing new. Has he been brought in to tone down what Tom Boyd previously gave?

Peter Grant is a c***, I switched to hibs tv on sat cause I couldn’t listen to him but how desperate are the papers for hits when they consider that a newsworthy story. Who cares what he thinks. 

39 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kyogo-booking-sparks-furious-celtic-31340320?int_source=nba

Peter Grant being an absolute seething mess is nothing new. Has he been brought in to tone down what Tom Boyd previously gave?

I was going to mention Tom Boyd.  The most batshit crazy 'punditry' I've ever heard.

The most deluded Celtic fan, after 2 bottles of buckie, would be embarrassed by his patter.

39 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Peter Grant is a c***, I switched to hibs tv on sat cause I couldn’t listen to him but how desperate are the papers for hits when they consider that a newsworthy story. Who cares what he thinks. 

Celtic are box office.

If the Saints co-commentator said "Kyogo should have been sent off for kicking an opponent" I doubt it would have made the news.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

You're right, although there is a difference between being biased towards your team and being a complete slevering idiot.

Does that not apply to many of the OF supporters?

Obviously this does not apply to our esteemed P&B OF supporters who all seem to have dropped their own club forums for this inter club banterific site!

Btw is the spelling not “slavering”? Great word nonetheless! 😂 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Does that not apply to many of the OF supporters?

Obviously this does not apply to our esteemed P&B OF supporters who all seem to have dropped their own club forums for this inter club banterific site!

Btw is the spelling not “slavering”? Great word nonetheless! 😂 

Hmmmm.

Different words I’d say. Depends what the poster meant.

If he meant talking stupidly then you are correct that slavering is the appropriate choice of word. If he meant drooling at the mouth like a deranged dog, I’d say slevering was a better word.

When discussing most OF fans, he really could have meant either. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmmm.

Different words I’d say. Depends what the poster meant.

If he meant talking stupidly then you are correct that slavering is the appropriate choice of word. If he meant drooling at the mouth like a deranged dog, I’d say slevering was a better word.

When discussing most OF fans, he really could have meant either. 

Let’s just go for both words! 😂 🤤