Celtic - St Mirren 1 Nov

After a weekend where we gained two points on the league leaders and reeled them in a bit closer, I can see nothing other than a comfortable away win for Scotland’s in-form Top 3 title chasers. 0-2, Baccus and a 90+4 O’Hara tap-in to seal the deal. The referee will have a quiet, balanced, and entirely fair 90 mins. VAR will not be involved anywhere, no St Mirren players will receive a questionable red card, and no dodgy penalty will be awarded to the home side.

Bookmark this. Or don’t. 

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Expecting St.Mirren to return the favour and set up shop at ours for this one.

I know what you tried to do there. Would be (still not really) funny if we had in any way came to Parkhead and played defensively last season.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

It was funny and you know it.

Might have had a chance if ‘set up shop’ was even a thing. ‘Shut up shop’ is the phrase. Like ‘Park the bus’. ‘Set up shop’ is just, well, nothing. You needed to set your stall out early doors in a better fashion. 😀😛

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I know what you tried to do there. Would be (still not really) funny if we had in any way came to Parkhead and played defensively last season.

Pretty sure he is making a joke in reference to Celtic using one of the units at St Mirren to sell merchandise when we played a couple of friendlies there whilst Celtic Park was being used for the Commonwealth Games. 

Just now, Flybhoy said:

Pretty sure he is making a joke in reference to Celtic using one of the units at St Mirren to sell merchandise when we played a couple of friendlies there whilst Celtic Park was being used for the Commonwealth Games. 

Thanks for clearing that up 

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

What a revelation!

18 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

When was this?

Celtic were in a game every time they played us last season. If we can keep 11 men on the park then we I'm sure we can make it difficult for them. 

I'd maybe go with Olusanya to start. Whilst there's a chance he'll struggle to get into the game, he's a bit more unpredictable than Mandron. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Celtic were in a game every time they played us last season. If we can keep 11 men on the park then we I'm sure we can make it difficult for them. 

I'd maybe go with Olusanya to start. Whilst there's a chance he'll struggle to get into the game, he's a bit more unpredictable than Mandron. 

No danger we can drop a guy who is high on confidence and has just bagged two goals a few days before unless he's not fully fit.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No danger we can drop a guy who is high on confidence and has just bagged two goals a few days before unless he's not fully fit.

It would certainly be very harsh and through no fault of his own. I just think that Olusanya might be the better choice for this game.

I won't be annoyed, no matter who starts.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

It would certainly be very harsh and through no fault of his own. I just think that Olusanya might be the better choice for this game.

I won't be annoyed, no matter who starts.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Robbo seems to take a "horses for courses" approach.

It's harsh to drop a guy who scored twice but it's a different sort of game incoming. We knew it was likely that, at least until we scored, St Johnstone would be unlikely to be leaving a lot of space in behind for an Olusanya (or Greive even) to charge into and make hay and that we might have to break them down - so no shock seeing Mandron start.

In midweek, it's going to be all about hoping to catch Celtic on the counter so you want your speedsters on from the start, I think. I would actually be shocked to see Mandron start, the two goals notwithstanding. Olusanya is probably a bit stronger and a little quicker than Greive (and more chaotic!) and so I think he will get the nod.

We'll see.