Celtic - St Mirren 1 Nov

8 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

why did strain get sent off for handball yet gogics went unpunished?

Strains prevented a goal scoring opportunity.

If we are to lose at Parkhead and Ibrox, I want us to make them earn the win and Celtic did that. They worked hard and it took 2 worldies to beat us. You have to hold your hands up. We were excellent. Hemmings made a few good saves, which you'd expect at Parkhead. 

When you see the talent Celtic brought off the bench that ultimately changed the game for them, you realise what you are up against.

Could have stolen a point at the end but hey ho. We no longer have the fear factor playing against them and it definitely shows.

37 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

why did strain get sent off for handball yet gogics went unpunished?

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Presumably because Strain's was deemed to have been intentional.

Tbf it would’ve saved a lot of time and effort if he’d have kept his hand down and let the ball sail over or into the keepers arms, it’s difficult to say what we are worse at, corners or penalties. We probably have more of a chance scoring from an opposition goal kick. 

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

Does that not apply to many of the OF supporters?

Obviously this does not apply to our esteemed P&B OF supporters who all seem to have dropped their own club forums for this inter club banterific site!

Btw is the spelling not “slavering”? Great word nonetheless! 😂 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmmm.

Different words I’d say. Depends what the poster meant.

If he meant talking stupidly then you are correct that slavering is the appropriate choice of word. If he meant drooling at the mouth like a deranged dog, I’d say slevering was a better word.

When discussing most OF fans, he really could have meant either.

I actually debated this with myself and arrived at the conclusion that either would probably work for Peter Grant.

55 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Tbf it would’ve saved a lot of time and effort if he’d have kept his hand down and let the ball sail over or into the keepers arms, it’s difficult to say what we are worse at, corners or penalties. We probably have more of a chance scoring from an opposition goal kick. 

This is where I have a bit of an issue. Not with the decision, but with the rule. The minute Gogic goes to block that shot his arms come up. He's not deliberately making himself bigger and it would be impossible to attempt to block the ball in that way with your arms by your side. The shot comes from about a yard away, not much he can do once he's committed to trying to block the shot.

Maybe we need to be telling players not to dive in to block shots as it's a risk. That's twice Gogic has given away penalties like that this season.

16 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

This is where I have a bit of an issue. Not with the decision, but with the rule. The minute Gogic goes to block that shot his arms come up. He's not deliberately making himself bigger and it would be impossible to attempt to block the ball in that way with your arms by your side. The shot comes from about a yard away, not much he can do once he's committed to trying to block the shot.

Maybe we need to be telling players not to dive in to block shots as it's a risk. That's twice Gogic has given away penalties like that this season.

Good point made.... remember the LCSF when Goody got hit from close in with the ball....Penalty Celtic.

Saved ...😀

Very difficult to try and block the ball and make your arms disappear completely, the rule seems inflexible, certainly for us the last couple of seasons on several occasions.

The Strain handball did look like he attempted a sneaky wee jab with his hand, and to be fair, VAR did its job. The Gogic one this week was unlucky, as he clearly didn’t deliberately try to stop the shot. If that was a Kiltie shot hitting Scales hand in a similar fashion, we’d be looking for a penalty - and surely VAR would oblige. Wouldn’t they. Yes, of course they would. Silly me.

I suppose the thing about the ‘unlucky’ Gogic handball is that we could similarly benefit from such an award too. The rule might be questionable, but it applies to everyone bar two clubs.

39 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

You are preaching to the converted, hate the new handball rule and how common sense doesn’t come into play 

6 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Good point made.... remember the LCSF when Goody got hit from close in with the ball....Penalty Celtic.

Saved ...😀

Very difficult to try and block the ball and make your arms disappear completely, the rule seems inflexible, certainly for us the last couple of seasons on several occasions.

The Goodwin one felt harsher to me - did it not bounce up off his body? Gogic's was clearly a handball and I didn't have any issues with the awarding of it.

I'm still pretty wounded from the non award of the penalty at Tynecastle last season. Though did we not get away with one v late against Aberdeen after they'd equalised this season?