Celtic - St Mirren 1 Nov

4 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Frank McAvennie?

Billy Stark?

David Hay, Peter Mackie, Graeme Sinclair, Mark Reid, Lex Baillie, Jim Beattie, Ally Hunter, Dennis Connaghan, Johnny Gibson

If H*y is included then other managerial cnuts like St*bbs and Cr*ig should be too!

On 30/10/2023 at 10:49, pozbaird said:

Likely scenarios in order of actually happening?

1. After a stuffy start where we manage to frustrate them, Celtic go 1-0 up and it ends up in a routine 3-0 win.

2. Everything goes to shite on the night and we end up on the receiving end of a 5-0 or more scudding.

3. We are doing very well, look like getting something, but are shafted by the dodgy ‘honest mistakes’ / VAR.

4. Celtic have an off-night, we ride out of town with a 0-0.

5. Celtic have a proper off-night, we ride out of town with a 0-1.

Are there any more than 5 scenarios available for consideration?

😂

26 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

😂

Boruc avoiding a blatant red card for halving Dargo in two, and a Will Haining red card dished out at Parkhead are two obvious ones that spring to mind without even having to think too hard. Going back a bit, I know. However, show me some equivalent game-changing shite ‘honest mistakes’ for us against Celtic and I’ll calm the fcuk doon’. 😄

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Boruc avoiding a blatant red card for halving Dargo in two, and a Will Haining red card dished out at Parkhead are two obvious ones that spring to mind without even having to think too hard. Going back a bit, I know. However, show me some equivalent game-changing shite ‘honest mistakes’ for us against Celtic and I’ll calm the fcuk doon’. 😄

Also don’t forget Celtic fan Eddie Smith blatant cheating when awarding “divine wind” Nakamura diving and scoring winning goal from a late free kick. 
Not the first time Eddie Smith was involved in a controversial decision against us.

“The St Mirren manager, Gus MacPherson, said there was "no point" questioning Eddie Smith, the referee, about the controversial decision to award Celtic a late free-kick from which Shunsuke Nakamura scored.

MacPherson, who has been fined £500 this season by the Scottish Football Association for confronting match officials, said: "I'd love to make my usual remarks but I don't want to give them more money."

Nakamura actually fouled the St Mirren player. 

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not going to pretend I remember those incidents but I'll take your word for it. One I can remember is a goal your attacker scored that should've been disallowed for a shove on Welsh's back, when Postecoglou was our manager. I can't be bothered googling for more but I'm sure I'd find other examples if I cared enough.

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Also don’t forget Celtic fan Eddie Smith blatant cheating when awarding “divine wind” Nakamura diving and scoring winning goal from a late free kick. 
Not the first time Eddie Smith was involved in a controversial decision against us.

“The St Mirren manager, Gus MacPherson, said there was "no point" questioning Eddie Smith, the referee, about the controversial decision to award Celtic a late free-kick from which Shunsuke Nakamura scored.

MacPherson, who has been fined £500 this season by the Scottish Football Association for confronting match officials, said: "I'd love to make my usual remarks but I don't want to give them more money."

Nakamura actually fouled the St Mirren player. 

Eddie Smith sure does sound like a Celtic fan: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ex-referee-eddie-smith-revealed-as-the-police-1086787 😂

17 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Congratulations on admitting that to be a Celtic supporter you have to partake in, condone, or at the very least turn a blind eye to sectarian chanting and singing. 

Eddie Smith was also the referee that sent off Will Haining 

https://www.thecelticwiki.com/2008-08-10-celtic-1-0-st-mirren-spl/

“Referee Smith decided that the striker had been tugged from behind by the defender, who was shown a red card, although television pictures suggested that Vennegoor of Hesselink had been doing his own share of holding.

Howard saved Robson's spot kick with his legs but could not prevent the ball spinning a matter of inches over the line before the goalkeeper swiped it clear.

The 10-man Buddies almost equalised immediately, but an O'Donnell snap-shot flew wide of the far post.“

Basically Eddie Smith should never have been allowed to referee any games involving his beloved Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Eddie Smith was also the referee that sent off Will Haining 

https://www.thecelticwiki.com/2008-08-10-celtic-1-0-st-mirren-spl/

“Referee Smith decided that the striker had been tugged from behind by the defender, who was shown a red card, although television pictures suggested that Vennegoor of Hesselink had been doing his own share of holding.

Howard saved Robson's spot kick with his legs but could not prevent the ball spinning a matter of inches over the line before the goalkeeper swiped it clear.

The 10-man Buddies almost equalised immediately, but an O'Donnell snap-shot flew wide of the far post.“

Basically Eddie Smith should never have been allowed to referee any games involving his beloved Celtic. 

Gus MacPherson also said that Eddie Smith had been winking at him during the game. 😀

Smith also knocked back the red card appeal, which at that time was overseen by the ref himself.

I was working that day and was listening to the game with a Rangers fan. As the game dragged on at 0-0 I remember saying "That'll be the penalty claims starting soon", and sure enough....