St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Have you ever been to a game of football and watch a team not play well for about 10 minutes?

I can't recall a single game I've been to and seen Dundee be outplayed for a whole game. 

Trying to use a decent spell (10 minutes) against a Dundee team - who should have went 3-1 up in that spell after missing a 1v1 - as St Johnstone having players more than capable of staying up after looking at how far adrift you are so quick into the season is pretty fucking mental. Fair play to you.

Seen plenty of games where we haven't even played well for 10 mins! 😆

My point in reference to the Dundee game is that we got battered for 75 mins and yet the team had something about them to salvage something from the game. Appreciate you won't have watched just too much of Saints this season, but for quite large spells of some games we have played quite well and been undone by combinations of inability to score and total brain farts in defence. 

4 minutes ago, Dooj said:

Personally, I am not in favour of the 'shouty' model of management, but I can see that for some managers and their teams it works. However, where it works, the manager generally has his shout and then there is an expectation that everyone is back on it in training and that's the end of it - move on and forget about what was said in the heat of the moment. I get the impression that Macca did the shouty bit but then players were isolated or excluded - that isn't how you get the best out of individuals and it isn't how you create team cohesion.

I just don't think players will respond to it as much now either. Maclean seemed to make a point of blaming the players too much from an early stage. I always got the impression it was him against the players and you can't just caveat that with the token 'ultimately I'm responsible' because people see through that. 

He just simply didn't appear to have the skills to manage a football team. 

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Seen plenty of games where we haven't even played well for 10 mins! 😆

My point in reference to the Dundee game is that we got battered for 75 mins and yet the team had something about them to salvage something from the game. Appreciate you won't have watched just too much of Saints this season, but for quite large spells of some games we have played quite well and been undone by combinations of inability to score and total brain farts in defence. 

I did say after our 2-2 draw that St Johnstone shown determination to not be beat and good results against Celtic and Aberdeen show that as well. A good quality to at least build on. The longer you go without a win though...

15 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I did say after our 2-2 draw that St Johnstone shown determination to not be beat and good results against Celtic and Aberdeen show that as well. A good quality to at least build on. The longer you go without a win though...

I'd imagine its the first thing the new mangers will say. Don't conceed and we will be OK.

As much as we are adrift. Looking at the fixtures, any win in the next two and we will likely go into the County game at home knowing a win would put us above them. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

18 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Clearly a simpleton. 

No need for the name calling just stating what I heard and subsequently my opinion. Didnt think opinions were illegal.

If he is, as I heard, working without a contract then surely a contracted job would appeal.

Has he been interviewed for the job - no idea.

Personally I'd have given MacLean n Craig more time as they were only in the door 5mins - you can't expect miracles as it takes time to get a team playing the way you want 

10 minutes ago, Zeto-83 said:

No need for the name calling just stating what I heard and subsequently my opinion. Didnt think opinions were illegal.

If he is, as I heard, working without a contract then surely a contracted job would appeal.

Has he been interviewed for the job - no idea.

Personally I'd have given MacLean n Craig more time as they were only in the door 5mins - you can't expect miracles as it takes time to get a team playing the way you want 

Don't pay to much attention to Spuddy. He's clearly a simpleton.

Courier saying chances of Martindale being hired is "remote", so aye, thats probably dead.

Club hopeful to hire somebody within the next week though.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Something about an approach for Martindale being public doesn’t sit right with me. Definitely overthinking it but whoever they turn to next knows they weren’t first choice. 

Could be spun as just trying to get permission to interview him (ive not read the statement, as it wont load for me just now), rather than getting permission to offer him the job. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Could be spun as just trying to get permission to interview him (ive not read the statement, as it wont load for me just now), rather than getting permission to offer him the job. 

Same boat about the statement, so I was basically just making an assumption