St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye Levein is it.

Im scared.

I think you’re overthinking it, he ticks so many of the right boxes and will bring a much calmer head than maclean. 

Time will tell I guess but I see it as a solid appointment, and far preferable to most of the other names kicking about. 

We haven’t actually had a football manager at the club since early 2020. Despite this, we won a cup double. Even now, at our lowest point in years, we have somehow managed to remain competitive and in touch with other teams. I have absolutely no negative feelings about today’s long-awaited appointment of a football manager. Safety is now guaranteed. 

Welcome Craig!

Well, it can only be better than what we’ve had this season. And it is the clean break we got promised. 

Would still prefer to have Martindale coming in, but I reckon Levein will shittest us to at least 11th. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye Levein is it.

Im scared.

I’m not overly excited if this is accurate. Been at Brechin a couple of seasons and still in the Highland League. This is the Saints equivalent of Celtic appointing Kenny Dalglish and John Barnes and we remember how that worked out.

Hopefully this is just a stopgap until the club is sold. Obviously I’ll support them but am not optimistic 

I was listening to Off the Ball earlier and they were saying "Oh poor Craig Levein, he always gets judged on that 4-6-0 game..."
I go to most Scotland games, I was at the 4-6-0 game, however what sticks out for me the most about Levein's time in charge of Scotland is that under his tenure, after two home games of a qualifying group (Euro's I think), we were already out of it.  We were the very first team in UEFA to be absolutely guaranteed not to qualify.  Even The Faroe Islands could still statistically qualify.  You knew that they wouldn't but mathematically it was possible.  But Scotland were out.  Two games.  Failure.

That's Craig Levein for me.
I struggle to think of a single person in Scottish football that I dislike more than Levein.  He's an arrogant, obnoxious, condescending serial failure.
I wish St. Johnstone nothing but success, but seeing him back in the game sucks.

Edited by KingBeastie
grammar

1 hour ago, KingBeastie said:

I was listening to Off the Ball earlier and they were saying "Oh poor Craig Levein, he always gets judged on that 4-6-0 game..."
I go to most Scotland games, I was at the 4-6-0 game, however what sticks out for me the most about Levein's time in charge of Scotland is that under his tenure, after two home games of a qualifying group (Euro's I think), we were already out of it.  We were the very first team in UEFA to be absolutely guaranteed not to qualify.  Even The Faroe Islands could still statistically qualify.  You knew that they wouldn't but mathematically it was possible.  But Scotland were out.  Two games.  Failure.

That's Craig Levein for me.
I struggle to think of a single person in Scottish football that I dislike more than Levein.  He's an arrogant, obnoxious, condescending serial failure.
I wish St. Johnstone nothing but success, but seeing him back in the game sucks.

Have you actually met him ? He's absolutely none of those things 

It's a dull appointment, no doubt about it. 

I am however heartened by the number of fans from other clubs throwing their tuppence in, always a pleasure to read. As has been shown repeatedly over the last decade, they are usually wrong. 

If we shitfest it to tenth, he's done a good job and I'm pretty confident he'll achieve that. 

Edited by Paris Hilltoon

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Have you actually met him ? He's absolutely none of those things 

Aye, I bumped into him in a pub and he was pretty sound, spent some amount of time chatting shite and came across as a decent guy. Asked him about the 460 and his Scotland tenure and he had some pretty interesting answers, I was pished and I've long since forgotten what they were though.