Morton v Raith Rovers

11 hours ago, Colkitto said:

We don't deserve to win games with defending like that! Two wee guys scoring from headers is just ridiculous .

Wilson was our best player tonight and I can only assume he had a niggle and had to come off. 

Gillespie - good grief! No idea what excuse you can use to explain that performance. 

We certainly had chances but didn't take them. Raith did and that is how you win games. 

The balance is not right in the team. Dougie tried 5 at the back then reverted to a 4, but we lacked width. 

Draw may have been a fair result but at the end of the day Raith took their chances so no complaints they went away with 3 points 

Aidan Connolly and, er, Aidan Connolly...

I’ve talked at length about the importance of a Aidan Connolly across various platforms so I’ll spare you all it again, but him getting fit again is like a new signing given how long he’s been out. Beyond delighted to see him back in the team and winning us games. Long May it continue. 

14 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No other options when some of our squad are made of wet paper. Need a better plan than Saturday and no horsing it long and high to small people with ropey first touches. 

Seemed to work for both goals, though they were crosses and our big defenders couldn't get down to them.

Surprised RR looked to hold on second half when our defence seemed lost everytime they attacked. In fairness they were intelligent with the ball and easily seen it out, even had time to miss a few easy breakaway chances.

We looked flat after Saturday at the start and failed to convert any of those scrambled box chances.

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Assuming the Morton team were out to the early hours of Monday morning celebrating the big result on Saturday that moved them from 10th to....10th and that's why they were so poor.

This is the most wee guy post of all time

Really frustrating last night. Raith far more clinical than us. Seems as tho we need to create 15/20 chances to be able to take 1. Need to be more ruthless in front of goal. Fair enough a bit unlucky having so many cleared off the line but still. French had his worst game for us last night and the less said about Gillespie’s performance the better. A quick turnaround to Friday where we really need to put some points on the board. Home form has been atrocious this season. 

6 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Assuming the Morton team were out to the early hours of Monday morning celebrating the big result on Saturday that moved them from 10th to....10th and that's why they were so poor.

Still taking the defeat well C'lum?

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Has vt been binned? I thought the ban he got in our last match thread was temporary. It has been a pretty peaceful match thread this one so can't say he's been missed. 

Nope, he’s hanging in the politics and warfare threads, shilling for Putin and Bibi.

9 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

On the other hand, you have now lost to 10th place twice in two attempts.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nope, he’s hanging in the politics and warfare threads, shilling for Putin and Bibi.

Been a nice experience not having him here. I'd fully expect the ainsleys to be on full show had morton managed a point last night. 

On the game, I think morton are in real trouble this season. I just don't see the same side we came up against last season in them. Defensively they are woeful and the likes of grant Gillespie is showing his true form for them. The Ayr result will have bought imrie some time but I expect them to end up bottom and I do wonder if/ when they will roll the dice on replacing him. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Been a nice experience not having him here. I'd fully expect the ainsleys to be on full show had morton managed a point last night. 

On the game, I think morton are in real trouble this season. I just don't see the same side we came up against last season in them. Defensively they are woeful and the likes of grant Gillespie is showing his true form for them. The Ayr result will have bought imrie some time but I expect them to end up bottom and I do wonder if/ when they will roll the dice on replacing him. 

Idk, they’re on track for about 29 points for the season, and have taken points off several middle of the table teams plus DU. 25 is the “average” for the 10th place team, and 34 to avoid the playoff in 8th. They have the Pars now, and haven’t played ICT yet…if they can get 4-6 points out of those two matches, they’re more likely to avoid 10th if they can keep banging out points here and there.