Airdrie v Dundee United 7.45 on Halloween

Halloween doesn’t scare me but if we still had Birighitti in goal for this I’d be petrified!

Ideally a win and no goals conceded.

We are likely to go with the same team but Cudjoe for Fotheringham and Glass for Watt would be my preference (I think Kai has been very good but would like to see Matthew given a start).

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it would be my take for now.

Same starting 11, with plenty on the bench to be used when needed.

Injury and suspension will give the others plenty of opportunities soon enough.

Bar Arbroath away we haven't looked terrible defensively this season but season Utd score 11 in there last 2 games give me the fear.

We can't score more than 1 goal a game so would be delighted with a point here, if we concede 2 goals we're beat. 

No great music stars from Airdrie- maybe the Big Dish and certainly Dean Ford of Marmalade, but can't confirm they were Diamonds. I think they had a No 1 single in UK but have Deacon Blue? ( a marvelous group).

I'm going to lose the plot and say United have used up their ration of goals. 0-0 draw! The nurse is just calling me. 

15 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Glass in for Moult, obviously concerned with plastic pitch given his injury history 

Yeah, fair enough. Moult has been absolutely brilliant and his fitness has held up better than probably any of us could have hoped for .. BUT he's played more games this season than in the previous 4 (5?) years combined so it's only prudent to give him a wee rest every now and then. On the bench, so if we need him (as at Starks Park) he can come on but otherwise he gets a chance to rest and recover. Glass has been excellent and is unlucky to have lost his place after his own wee injury. Watt's probably in better form now than he's ever been for us so is an able deputy right up front. 

Airdrie are obviously a decent team, albeit a bit one dimensional. Might be a long night if we don't get an early goal but we don't need to be chasing these sorts of games away from home. Be patient, hold your shape and they'll eventually give the ball back. I'd fancy us to be better at breaking them down than they are breaking us down. No need to win the possession stats again, just the goal stats.

Airdrie are proving a much tougher test than Arbroath on Friday. It was a pretty tight game until we scored, but they've been the better team since. We've needed Walton and our defence to intervene far more often than I'd like so far. Even so Middleton should have us sitting more comfortably with the 1-on-1 chance he spurned.

Just now, Gibby82 said:

Airdrie pressing us really well and getting the better of the midfield since Docherty went off. Would prefer Grimshaw in there than Tilson, who I'm already mentally preparing to forget ever played for us in a Craig Slater/Grant Gillespie sort of way.

Definitely fortunate to be up at half time. What was worrying was the almost immediate sense of vulnerability from us from the minute Docherty went off.

Would have been feeling a lot more comfortable if Middleton had put away that chance just before the break.