Motherwell v Aberdeen 01.11.23

1 minute ago, 1GregStewart said:

Anytime we have changed to a back 4 we have been wide open and failed. 
I would like to see McDonald in with Jensen, Rubezic gets too exposed in a flat 4, he’s protected as the spare man when 3 centre half’s. 
The team is usually better without Duk this season so that has to be the way forward, and let him come on last 20 in some games when the opponent is tiring. 

Have we been wide open because of the back four, or because of the structure in front of it? I suppose the problem with taking out Rubezic is that you lose his aerial dominance, which is emphasised at set pieces when we don't have a huge amount of height elsewhere in the team.

I'm also not sure MacDonald is the answer; we have mostly seen him in a back three and his game seems like one that is suited to being in the middle of a three more than any other formation. Although they have both primarily been used in the middle of a three (or five), Rubezic and MacDonald are quite different types of defender, I feel - Rubezic, for all his flaws, is more front-footed and aggressive; more in the Pollock mould than the MacDonald mould, I suppose. 

Not much in the way of hope tonight but I think Robson realises he needs a reaction and needs to change things. 

If we come out and perform the same as we did against Killie then I struggle to get behind him. That was torture. 

Ever the optimist so let's go for 3-1 Dons, Sokler starting with Miovski and getting a goal. 

1 minute ago, BrodieJ12 said:

Aye it is open tonight for being tickets. I bought mine yesterday and picking them up there tonight. 

I was planning on going to that Steelworks bar, no colours on so hoping it will be fine. 

Are our away tickets paper based?  Home tickets are e-tickets I believe. Cup games etc. get ported onto my season card.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

You might have to drink the city centre which is a fair hike to the ground. 

Sure I was told people can buy on the night at the pod but best check with Ticket office. 

City centre 

1 hour ago, BrodieJ12 said:

Not much in the way of hope tonigh.

I'm the same but from a home team perpective. Our performance on Saturday, especially up front, was woeful. Anything similar and we'll be hounding Kettlewell to get the subs on especially Mika. Can't see him or Butcher starting but Mika will definitely be on at some point, Butcher maybe for the last 10mins.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Are our away tickets paper based?  Home tickets are e-tickets I believe. Cup games etc. get ported onto my season card.

Home tickets bought in the ticket office are paper ones so imagine the away booth will be the same.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We're playing the wrong team for the zombie graphics. Think of the fun they could have had.

Playing on the wrong day as well. Would have liked to see the reaction when whoever spent their hours making that found out the game is actually in November.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Playing on the wrong day as well. Would have liked to see the reaction when whoever spent their hours making that found out the game is actually in November.

November 1st/2nd is Day of the Dead.

Have either team got any Mexicans playing?