St Johnstone v Killie

Well done Alec. Great moment for him.

Let’s not be too harsh on Costelloe, who was unlucky to be sent off, looked really gutted and isn’t responsible for Charlie Adam revealing a private conversation. Thought he played alright in an unfamiliar position too.

Edited by Zamora Fan
Sent too early

Well, where to start with that? If you give away a sloppy goal like that in the first minute and then gift another five minutes later you'll always be giving yourself a mountain to climb. This game is a perfect example of having all the chances that you need to win a game, yet we rarely looked like we were actually going to put the ball in the net. Even our goal came from poor goalkeeping! Talk about a six-pointer, Saints are somehow back in it and I can't say I'm too pleased about it.

I was considering going up tonight, but I'm glad I decided not to go given the appalling showing. Must do better on Saturday against another team who are also desperate for any kind of win - and given our record against teams who need a win badly I think I'll start being concerned any minute now. 

Game of two halves again. Saints with the majority of chances in the first half and actually looking dangerous. Killie with all the ball in the second but not looking like scoring. Sending off is what it is and I'm just glad it never effected the outcome. Next two games against Well and County....

Assume we'll never see that ref in the top flight again, absolutely miles out his depth. Absolutely no idea how Wright avoided a second yellow, or how Watson avoided a red for swinging an elbow (twice), seems VAR is just pot luck on what it actually looks for.

Type of scrappy win, with fans getting behind players who are digging in, that everyone needed. We've still pretty big issues organisation wise and think Killie were just unlucky not to score from a set play, but hopefully a new manager can sort that.

Graham Carey was superb.

9 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The worst performer for Killie tonight was the idiot fan who threw the flare onto the park and delayed the restart, ruining any chance of building momentum after that point.  Throbber.

Noticed someone also threw a lighter or vape or something in that corner, when it was only our players in there. Would love to know why. 

12 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The worst performer for Killie tonight was the idiot fan who threw the flare onto the park and delayed the restart, ruining any chance of building momentum after that point.  Throbber.

Aye, although i doubt they expected the steward to sit on the buckets of sand and watch it slowly burn out rather than smother it quickly.

28 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

That ref, what a fucking cheat!

I thought he was doing fine til the red card, then he completely lost the run of it. Crazy challenge by Costello and he can have no complaints at all. But after that some of the decisions were crazy. I’ve never seen a keeper booked for timewasting when they’ve actually only been in possession of the ball for about two seconds. The Considine injury was a nonsense too-clear foul not given then he’s made to stay off the park for ages when he’s clearly ready to come back on while Killie launch a dangerous attack. Why?

Great to start a game so well and our response to conceding what was from our side of it a poor goal was encouraging. Still lots to work on but it’s a step in the right direction.

4 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

St. Johnstone to stun the world. 

Telt yous. 

Difficult to really pick apart the first half as we were evidently, and understandably, happy to allow Killie the ball and hit on the break. Second half was a bit of a non-event from a Saints perspective. Couldn’t give a flying f**k. Three points for the first time since May. 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

I thought he was doing fine til the red card, then he completely lost the run of it. Crazy challenge by Costello and he can have no complaints at all. But after that some of the decisions were crazy. I’ve never seen a keeper booked for timewasting when they’ve actually only been in possession of the ball for about two seconds. The Considine injury was a nonsense too-clear foul not given then he’s made to stay off the park for ages when he’s clearly ready to come back on while Killie launch a dangerous attack. Why?

Great to start a game so well and our response to conceding what was from our side of it a poor goal was encouraging. Still lots to work on but it’s a step in the right direction.

He should have booked Mitov before that but waits to book him at the goal kick where, as you said, he had the ball for seconds.

The Considine incident was nonsense. He'd totally lost it at that point. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, although i doubt they expected the steward to sit on the buckets of sand and watch it slowly burn out rather than smother it quickly.

Terrific stuff from them tbf. Committed to the bit.

The ref lost it after the red because he knew he fucked up not giving Wright a second yellow, IMO.

He then got caught up in the emotion of the match and seemed to just decide every incident was us play acting and time wasting so he'd ignore it.

Mays a diving c**t but he literally got body slammed in full view of the ref and couldnt get the decision.