GREENOCK MORTON v PARS

After the ecstasy for Dunfermline and their fans seeing their relegation rivals Morton lose on Tuesday night, they now face them themselves knowing defeat could be disastrous in this six pointer at the foot of the table… After three straight defeats and drawing a blank three times, can they grind out a point which would keep their heads just above water or will the team from Greenock pile further mystery on to the struggling Pars?

1 hour ago, Pride of Fife said:

After the ecstasy for Dunfermline and their fans seeing their relegation rivals Morton lose on Tuesday night, they now face them themselves knowing defeat could be disastrous in this six pointer at the foot of the table… After three straight defeats and drawing a blank three times, can they grind out a point which would keep their heads just above water or will the team from Greenock pile further mystery on to the struggling Pars?

The only mystery is why do you care so much? 

10 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Fair, I'm sure that seemed like a laugh while you were writing it. We've all been there. 

11 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Still many points to play for yet. 
At the start of the season most Pars fans across the fans forums were saying they would be happy to stay up this season, with many, myself included, hoping to finish in the promotion playoffs. 
So far it doesn’t look rosy for us. It’s still mathematically possible so gain 4th, but it’s more likely that we’ll survive the drop than achieve 4th. 
I’m sure McPake will address our frailties in the January window, and when our squad is back to full strength we’ll hopefully be way harder to beat. 
There’s no denying we have to win tonight, but sadly it could be a big ask right now. 

We played well against Raith and were very unlucky at the end. We need to put away the chances created and I am sure McPake will be working on this to bring in a striker. Also the players coming back from injury will help us. We have missed Matty Todd as he was always supporting our attack. Pretty confident a 3-0 win tonight.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I may be the outlier here but I didn't think we played well at all against Raith. 

First hour was pretty good I thought, but for us the game petered out after that - looked like we'd settled for the point.

Our subs did nothing whereas Raiths' got them 30 yards further up the pitch, which eventually led to the goal.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I may be the outlier here but I didn't think we played well at all against Raith. 

We were better than the 2 games prior, but that doesn’t mean we played well. I think if we were very unlucky to lose, 0-0 probably would have been a fair result on the balance of play. But it didn’t really feel like we were going to score. It was the sort of game that whoever scored first was always going to win. We had a lot of pressure, but we’re still lacking creativity in that final third and really need someone to put the ball in the net.

Defensively we played well. Mehmet and the defence all put in good performances. In midfield, we were good at retaining possession and protecting the defence. There was some good movement too at times.

The attacking phase of play was still underwhelming though. Yes, Dabrowski was man of the match. He made a decent number of saves. But I don’t think there were any that you wouldn’t expect a keeper to make. So we definitely need to be better.

We’re still really missing Todd’s powerful runs and KRH’s trickery. But we’ve also seen enough in the last wee while to know that those performance levels from league 1 don’t necessarily mean that they’ll hit the ground running at this level. Having said that, we know that both players (once back to full fitness) will undoubtedly improve our attacking threat.

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

We were better than the 2 games prior, but that doesn’t mean we played well. I think if we were very unlucky to lose, 0-0 probably would have been a fair result on the balance of play. But it didn’t really feel like we were going to score. It was the sort of game that whoever scored first was always going to win. We had a lot of pressure, but we’re still lacking creativity in that final third and really need someone to put the ball in the net.

Defensively we played well. Mehmet and the defence all put in good performances. In midfield, we were good at retaining possession and protecting the defence. There was some good movement too at times.

The attacking phase of play was still underwhelming though. Yes, Dabrowski was man of the match. He made a decent number of saves. But I don’t think there were any that you wouldn’t expect a keeper to make. So we definitely need to be better.

We’re still really missing Todd’s powerful runs and KRH’s trickery. But we’ve also seen enough in the last wee while to know that those performance levels from league 1 don’t necessarily mean that they’ll hit the ground running at this level. Having said that, we know that both players (once back to full fitness) will undoubtedly improve our attacking threat.

Good summary

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Bene missing entirely and KRH on the bench. It’s almost like a lottery these days. 

Heard bad rumours about Bene. 

How does the Morton lineup look? Powers and Broadfoot is surely good news for us?