Kilmarnock v Motherwell

Just now, Lukovic said:

Should probably try and play with midfielders next time instead of constantly launching the ball as far forward as possible in the hope we get a lucky break.

That was his last 6 months at County as well.  

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

We’ve seen this story with Kettlewell before. He’ll keep trying the same thing, become more and more direct and not be able to reverse the slide.  He’ll rely on his favoured players long after they’ve shown themselves not up to it (*a big hello to Oli Shaw*) before he gets shown the door.  

The Spittal - Paton midfield is the biggest red flag i have ever seen.

50 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Need to get a sub on.

Slattery for Wilkinson would be my move. Big man is offering nothing and we need more in the middle.

This should have 100%  ben the sub.

Edited by Richie

So many points that need to be addressed (some that have been an issue now for months)

1. Attack - we get the ball into the final third. Then don't shoot or pass untill its either knocked out of play, given to the oppoment or we give away a free kick.

2. Crosses/corners - every bloody time it goes to the first man. Never to someone making an attacking play (if there is one)

3. Punts. MIika is playing his heart out and we are just putting the ball to him. Wilkinson just standing there and yet somehow got a full 90 minutes. Disgraceful.

4. Defense - it was better in the first half but in the second? We didn't bother to for the most part. We just allowed them time, possession and space. We are lucky to not have Conceded as much as we had in the past 2 games.

5. Kelly. Apart grom one outstanding save, he was an absolute tosser. Should drop him for the St Johnstone game but I'll laugh if we actually do.

6. Movement. So many times we get the ball and nobody bothers to run  move or give a f**k.

7. Touches. Far too many and then just passing it back.

There's sooo many issues and I just don't see a fix. It feels like we are living on borrowed time (just Like Alexander and Hammell).

I Certainly wont be watching the last 3 games this month. Probably save the ticket/travel money for those.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We have four good centre-backs for this level, but I'm never keen on this set-up where we try to get them all in the team. Despite the midweek defeat I'd have stuck with Kennedy and Armstrong as wing-backs.

Delighted to be wrong about this - all four of them played well and the system worked to nullify Motherwell's only tactic of shelling big long diagonals.

Thought we were good today. Effective. Probably a classic McInnes side. Decent balls up to a big strong guy, good wing play, some really solid defensive performances. Thought we conceded a few good chances, but overall Findlay and Deas were excellent. 

Dennis was superb when called upon. Has his critics but came and collected stuff well, wasted time like a seasoned pro, and saved the 3 points when McGinn got through on goal. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Delighted to be wrong about this - all four of them played well and the system worked to nullify Motherwell's only tactic of shelling big long diagonals.

Felt that Kennedy was going inside a lot which allowed Deas the freedom and space to get right up the line. Worked well.

5 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I didn't know him personally but he always came across on the Killie forum as a really positive and knowledgeable guy.

Yep. Was always helpful to fans and did a lot of info sharing. You know a poster was being a complete twat when even CB stopped defending them.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We have four good centre-backs for this level, but I'm never keen on this set-up where we try to get them all in the team. Despite the midweek defeat I'd have stuck with Kennedy and Armstrong as wing-backs.

Did think the same thing walking in but luckily Motherwell decided just to fire long balls up to them all day which was an interesting way to play the game.