DAFC vs DUFC - Friday Night Lights

It was great to get the win. We really weren't good, but we ground it out, with the help of two dodgy keepers. We know what that feels like. Whatever other talents this team has, it certainly has fight. Night and day from last season.

We really miss Ross Docherty though. I'm not a fan of Tillson at all, I really don't see what he brings. We were much better when he was hooked and we went 433, Mochrie and Glass vastly improved things. McMann was very good again, and Middleton slogged away but in truth it really wasn't his night.

By the way, those incels in the North West are angry bunch, aren't they? Grown men absolutely seething at someone shushing them. Relax, guys. You'll live longer.

16 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

By the way, those incels in the North West are angry bunch, aren't they? Grown men absolutely seething at someone shushing them. Relax, guys. You'll live longer.

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Football fans being angry at players making gestures shock. 

I reckon, in the same way United fans were 'abusing' Sharp when he came on in the second half, and Jakubiak too, Fotheringham may have been getting slagged for playing for a rival at one point (or two in Kai's case).

13 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It was great to get the win. We really weren't good, but we ground it out, with the help of two dodgy keepers. We know what that feels like. Whatever other talents this team has, it certainly has fight. Night and day from last season.

We really miss Ross Docherty though. I'm not a fan of Tillson at all, I really don't see what he brings. We were much better when he was hooked and we went 433, Mochrie and Glass vastly improved things. McMann was very good again, and Middleton slogged away but in truth it really wasn't his night.

I think Tilson's fine as cover in midfield when both Sibbald and Docherty are out. He'll cover the ground and make tackles but he's not going to build play and he looks to be a level below the rest of the team in terms of building play. I think our best football this season has come when Glass has played deeper and been able to play to pick the ball up deep and play passes. We had the same issue last week against ICT when we weren't able to take control of the midfield until Tilson was removed and replaced with a better ball player.

31 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Judging by the size of some of the United fans I saw waddling down Halbeath Road before the match, probably best you give your own support some health advice first tbh.

4 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

How that ref let the blatant shove on McCann unpunished is beyond the pale!

If McCann tried to keep his balance and then went over instead of going down a bit dramatically at the first wee bit of contact I think it'd have been given. 

Silly of Gallagher to give the ref a decision to make all the same. 

The Pars are a strange side right now. Always look pretty decent but struggle to turn that into wins. 

The January window should sort them out. 

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We should have had a penalty and Moult should have been sent off. Other than that, aye, absolutely sound performance.  

Yes, we probably should have. No, he definitely should not have been. Referee was mostly OK apart from the penalty shout although thought Otoo booking was plain wrong, Grimshaw should have been booked for bringing down Edwards and he gave almost no bookings early on then started carding folk for very little later. 

Thought we played better than of late, especially second half.

Still much improvement needed though. We gave the ball away for too often. There were too many misplaced passes and too many long punts up the pitch, as well as hoofed clearances when there was space and time to get the ball under control and make a pass. I recall a long ball by United was simply headed back up the pitch by Hamilton when no one was around him. He had loads of time to take it down.

We still look too disjointed connecting midfield to attack, although there were improvements there.

The keepers man. Are they in a contest to see who can give away the most goals? If so, Sharp is winning 3-2 at the moment.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Judging by the size of some of the United fans I saw waddling down Halbeath Road before the match, probably best you give your own support some health advice first tbh.

^^^ not denying the incel jibe.  Interesting.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

United fans slag off/abuse opposition players - no comment.

opposition fans boo/swear at a United player - “incels” “seething” “relax, guys”

You either weren’t there and had the tele on mute, or you apparently totally missed everyone around you slagging off/abusing McPake, Sharp and Jakubiak. Your fans even celebrate a career-ending injury to McPake, which is vile behaviour. I don’t see you criticising them for that? But our fans responding to an opposition player winding them up, by giving them the finger and booing is too much for you… seems like solid logic there. It’s football, that happens in both ends at almost every game across the country, every week.