Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 11 November

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean I hate Brian Graham just as much as any other opposition fan, but that is tremendous from him! Video please…

Speak for yourself, I have nothing but respect for the man we titled HSWHW

Alan Muir today had one of the most impotent, gormless, clown car performances I can ever remember from a referee. An utterly worthless individual who seemed miles out of his depth.

Not too much to say about the game that hasn’t already been said. A game that was very low in quality, which we narrowly scraped by showing slightly more quality in attacking areas than Greenock Morton.

Lovely finish from Alston to decide it, which I’m absolutely convinced he meant, in spite of greetin’ faced Dougie’s objections. It’s the first thing he’s done in 3 months as a Thistle player, but fair play to him for it.

Edited by Nightmare

9 hours ago, jagfox said:

That makes sense, as he definitely was sat down for a bit after the getitupyou to the songs from the away support.

Bit snakey, grassing him to the ref.

It was probably an enraged Morten supporter who reported the incident to the police who then informed the 4th official.
They have previous for complaining to the police about a guy dressed in a Panda suit.

My money would be on permanently offended @Toby

14 hours ago, Reid said:

Daft red card from Graham but given that he’d been getting quite a lot of abuse during the game, why can’t he give a wee bit back? Not any different to Muirhead giving us a bit when he scores against us - it’s quite funny. No surprise that no one fancied actually going down and giving it to his face.

We deserved to win that. Fitzpatrick was excellent despite Alan Muir letting each Morton player having a free volley at him. What a dreadful refereeing display. I thought Wasiri did excellent again after being pushed even further out of position than normal. About 10 second before Alston score I was saying he was dreadful but he took his goal really well and was very good afterwards.

Are you for real?

That was actually the least amount of hassle Graham had ever gotten from Morton supporters - until he gets subbed off having done little and naturally we enjoy that.

Players should of course be able to respond and I was very surprised it was a straight red card.

But trying to instigate a fight - bearing in mind this is apparently someone fit to be a manager of a women’s team - when he knew the fans

a. couldn’t get to him

b. would get the jail

c. had really only had a laugh at his expense

is the behaviour of the type of clown Graham has long-known to have been.

He was the one who wanted to fight, why didn’t he come into the stand?

And hopefully his cameo after your second goal will see him suspended further, as it should given he should be nowhere near the pitch having been sent off.

As for deserved win? Only on the basis that we give away our customary calamitous goal in the first minute. Thereafter you were just as lacking as we were, which gives me solace amidst this difficult season that you horrors will see no success either.

Look forward to paying you and Brian back later in the season.

16 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Are you for real?

That was actually the least amount of hassle Graham had ever gotten from Morton supporters - until he gets subbed off having done little and naturally we enjoy that.

Players should of course be able to respond and I was very surprised it was a straight red card.

But trying to instigate a fight - bearing in mind this is apparently someone fit to be a manager of a women’s team - when he knew the fans

a. couldn’t get to him

b. would get the jail

c. had really only had a laugh at his expense

is the behaviour of the type of clown Graham has long-known to have been.

He was the one who wanted to fight, why didn’t he come into the stand?

And hopefully his cameo after your second goal will see him suspended further, as it should given he should be nowhere near the pitch having been sent off.

As for deserved win? Only on the basis that we give away our customary calamitous goal in the first minute. Thereafter you were just as lacking as we were, which gives me solace amidst this difficult season that you horrors will see no success either.

Look forward to paying you and Brian back later in the season.

A couple of good points here...

Graham took the huff because he hadn't scored. He's a miserable b*****d if he's not scored - a bad character trait that we only see occasionally, because he's usually scoring.

He should make a formal apology for his behaviour - a senior player and first team coach shouldn't be acting like this.

Only point I would make here tho is that 'supposedly' someone made a remark about a recent family tragedy and that sent him right off.

As o the end of the post, we WERE honking yesterday, but fortunately for us, our honking is better than your best.

And I'm sure Mr Graham is looking forward to the next game...

12 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

People thought it was Wes McDonald until the penny dropped and realised it was Paul. Guess old team mates are ten a penny but. Depends on the circumstances.

im no sure that Graham would have been sent off if the Morton bench hadn’t made such a fuss, the 4th official, from my line of sight, didn’t see it. And the ref didn’t either, Graham was sitting in the dugout for a good 20 seconds before anyone intervened 

I wasn’t there but I’m also positive the 4th official didn’t see it. Because there wasn’t one. There’s only a 4th official in games outside the premiership if they’re on tv. 

39 minutes ago, baba douche said:

A couple of good points here...

Graham took the huff because he hadn't scored. He's a miserable b*****d if he's not scored - a bad character trait that we only see occasionally, because he's usually scoring.

He should make a formal apology for his behaviour - a senior player and first team coach shouldn't be acting like this.

Only point I would make here tho is that 'supposedly' someone made a remark about a recent family tragedy and that sent him right off.

As o the end of the post, we WERE honking yesterday, but fortunately for us, our honking is better than your best.

And I'm sure Mr Graham is looking forward to the next game...

Thank you.

If anyone did say anything along those lines it’s understandable he’d react the way he did.

I will say I was at the end of the stand where he began reacting and I never heard anything - moreover I don’t think he’d have been able to hear anything given the distance and the amount of things being shouted.

11 minutes ago, Walter said:

giphy-downsized.gif

Well aren’t we less than a year removed from a male coach trying to fight at a women’s game and it being made clear that that sort of behaviour isn’t welcome in that arena?

More generally, I’m not sure how any coach in any part of the game keeps credibility having acted that way.  I would rightly be removed from the coaching I do if I were to have been seen acting like that, as there’s a risk I’d behave that way around my players.

There were a few times before the goal they'd gotten in at the byline for cutbacks and messed it up, we weren't going to get away with it forever with the full backs being an obvious place to target. Don't think you could have asked Wilson to have a better game in the circumstances and I don't really understand why he was the one on the left when French has played left back before, but once again French was absolutely terrible. The worst player on the park three games running.

You could see again at 2-1 we were back to having no idea what to do in possession and were never scoring, with Bearne effectively the only sub we could actually use. We could try to clutch at straws for positives to take and say that three 2-1 defeats in a row rather than total pumpings suggest we're not far away from picking up points, while the midfield definitely improved with Gillespie in place of Power and we were undone by a brilliant goal for the winner this time - he obviously meant it - rather than the clowncar defending that should have seen Dunfermline put four or five past us. However our three goals in those games have been two penalties and rebound from a yard out in a goalmouth scramble from a corner. We don't have the creativity to score from open play and even if we sort out the defence, we're not going to win games until that changes and we need a better plan than praying a fit Quitongo will magically fix it.

As for Graham, I would genuinely be fascinated to learn where his hatred of Morton came from because it's certainly not anything that happened while he was a Morton player. I couldn't give a f**k about a player giving something back to a fanbase digging at them, but he hadn't even taken any stick throughout the game yesterday and you can do a finger to the lips or cup your ear rather than get it up you without risking getting yourself suspended for several games. The linesman was looking right at him as he did it and would have been in the ref's ear straight away, absolutely no chance anyone had to grass him up, he was only sat down a while because he was ignoring being asked to stand up again to be sent off. Running back out to celebrate the goal is the sort of thing you love to see in the moment if your own player does it, but could easily mean an increase in the ban for reentering the field on top of the straight red for being stupid in the first place.

The rammy at full time was also weird, Imrie and Doolan shook hands and turned away from each other with no hint of aggro then McDonald charged in to have a go about something and there was suddenly a square go.

5 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Well aren’t we less than a year removed from a male coach trying to fight at a women’s game and it being made clear that that sort of behaviour isn’t welcome in that arena?

More generally, I’m not sure how any coach in any part of the game keeps credibility having acted that way.  I would rightly be removed from the coaching I do if I were to have been seen acting like that, as there’s a risk I’d behave that way around my players.

If Graham acted like that while coaching the women's team, you'd have a valid point.

He wasn't, so you don't!

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

As for Graham, I would genuinely be fascinated to learn where his hatred of Morton came from because it's certainly not anything that happened while he was a Morton player.

I know he didn’t play yesterday, but I’ve always wondered the same thing about Robbie Muirhead and Thistle. He was a mediocre player for us who had one exceptional game, and left without anybody really caring, but he absolutely hates us and will take every possible opportunity to get it up the fans. Much like Graham with yourselves, for whatever reason.

Speaking of anger, rammies, etc - Jack Baird. Not sure if I’ve just never noticed it from him before and he’s always like that, but he was raging at everything yesterday. Storming about the pitch picking fights with everyone. Fair enough with his reaction to Fitzpatrick’s dive (which did look like a dive), but he was seething long before that incident.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

As for Graham, I would genuinely be fascinated to learn where his hatred of Morton came from because it's certainly not anything that happened while he was a Morton player.

I’m (obviously) a massive fan of Graham, but he does seem like a guy who would develop a lifelong grunge against someone/something over a seemingly innocuous incident.

It’s not just Morton though, he also absolutely fucking hates Caley. 

3 hours ago, Morton Supporter said:

Yeah cause this is totally the same. Graham is an experienced guy and should know better than to react to abuse, although I think he’d probably still be in bemusement at the straight red (which presumably was his initial argument with the officials). If the thing that a few people have now said was what was said to him as he walked off then whoever said it at least deserved the offer of a square go in the car park. But I’m no sure the validity of that. 

The Rangers coach headbutted the Celtic manager through no provocation, and even he only got a 6 game ban. There’s obviously no comparison between these two incidents and Brian will be at Petershill Park in about an hour hopefully leading the ladies into a SF. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I know he didn’t play yesterday, but I’ve always wondered the same thing about Robbie Muirhead and Thistle. He was a mediocre player for us who had one exceptional game, and left without anybody really caring, but he absolutely hates us and will take every possible opportunity to get it up the fans. Much like Graham with yourselves, for whatever reason.

Speaking of anger, rammies, etc - Jack Baird. Not sure if I’ve just never noticed it from him before and he’s always like that, but he was raging at everything yesterday. Storming about the pitch picking fights with everyone. Fair enough with his reaction to Fitzpatrick’s dive (which did look like a dive), but he was seething long before that incident.

I love the pantomime stuff between Graham and Morton fans and Muirhead and our fans. Not enough of it in our game any more.