Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Paton’s equaliser at Somerset was Veldman’s Mark Robins’ goal against Forest that turned everything for Fergie at Man United. We’re battering these and winning the league. Maybe. 

I like the analogy....thought provoking and hopefully the same pattern will emerege 

I think playing at Hampden will suit everyone else in the league to be honest. I’m guessing more QP fans will actually be able to make these home games now rather than along at Ochilview, but still when it’s in a 52k seater stadium it’s hardly going to be intimidating for any away team coming. The big pitch should suit the Rovers as well. Hoping we have at Least Jack Hamilton and Jamie Gullan back on the bench for this one. 

Looking forward to this game. We have had some good contests with Raith over the last year or so.  They are a good footballing side, easy on the eye, and have added a goal threat that was lacking last year.  They are certainly worth their position in the league.

Key thing for us is how we handle their aggressive press. We struggled with that  and lost posession in dangerous areas at Stark's Park.  We certainly have goals in us again but still prone to costly gaffes that lead to goals. A tidy game at the back and I am optimistic we will come away with a point or more.

47 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Someone asked earlier, and I'm wondering too.  Why are QP back playing at big HumpDump?  Thought you were meant to now be at Lesser Hampden?  Whats the holdup with that, and why back at the biggy when was at Stenhousemuir last season?

Sigh.... It's an enigma. Isn't it?

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Someone asked earlier, and I'm wondering too.  Why are QP back playing at big HumpDump?  Thought you were meant to now be at Lesser Hampden?  Whats the holdup with that, and why back at the biggy when was at Stenhousemuir last season?

That's one to ask our Chief Executive. Do let us know if you get an answer - it's more than we've had

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Well, we had to pay off our stadium contractor (expensive), spent €2m on an amazing pitch but then  halved the Lesser capacity to build a Royal box and copy Tottenham's changing rooms. So it seems we have no cash to further develop the stadium and had to end up with an arrangement with the SFA that lets them use Lesser and us rent "big Hampden".  Masterful.  At least we are back in the Southside but the future is very unclear.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Well, we had to pay off our stadium contractor (expensive), spent €2m on an amazing pitch but then  halved the Lesser capacity to build a Royal box and copy Tottenham's changing rooms. So it seems we have no cash to further develop the stadium and had to end up with an arrangement with the SFA that lets them use Lesser and us rent "big Hampden".  Masterful.  At least we are back in the Southside but the future is very unclear.

Cheers.  That makes it less confusing for non-Spiders.  Hopefully you get lesser sorted out, and increase past the very small capacity it has (1600 or so is it not?).  Will make more sense playing in a smaller ground than the behemoth for atmosphere etc.  Will also become another scratcher affy.  

44 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Cheers.  That makes it less confusing for non-Spiders.  Hopefully you get lesser sorted out, and increase past the very small capacity it has (1600 or so is it not?).  Will make more sense playing in a smaller ground than the behemoth for atmosphere etc.  Will also become another scratcher affy.  

Original plans Bing Videos were for c1774 but were changed halfway through the build for the current capacity of...980 (and a Royal Box holding 40).   There was supposed to be a South Stand for 500 visiting fans Bigger and better for Lesser Hampden | Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk) but it has all gone a bit quiet.

On 07/11/2023 at 08:53, Heid_The_Baw said:

The brutal truth...we make more money from away supporters than we could at Lesser whilst slowly trying to increase the home support. Our hospitality offer is also better thanks to the seats and adjacent lounge. That's the Yang. The Yin bit is the woeful atmosphere. 

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The brutal truth...we make more money from away supporters than we could at Lesser whilst slowly trying to increase the home support. Our hospitality offer is also better thanks to the seats and adjacent lounge. That's the Yang. The Yin bit is the woeful atmosphere. 

I thought the atmosphere was alright at the Thistle game, and it was also decent when we beat Accies 4-0 there last year. It's never going to be as good as a packed, smaller ground but there also hasn't been too much to get excited about so far this season!

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Bit shit getting stuck at the corner flag area. South Stand is massive, surely a section closer to the middle could be used for away supports.  Not like you require real segregation in fixtures like these. What sections are open for the Home fans? 

P1 & P2. It’s probably to do with the cost of the stewards as after the panto getting in we’re all in the same concourse. Only Thistle and Dunfermline have been put at the east end so far.  

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

P1 & P2. It’s probably to do with the cost of the stewards as after the panto getting in we’re all in the same concourse. Only Thistle and Dunfermline have been put at the east end so far.  

Is it because we are from the refined side of Fife, no granny bashing or car overturning from the classy langtonians, let’s hope for a good sporting contest so we can shake each others hands while queuing for a pie….hurrah hurrah !

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

This whole thing with the sections might have to do with the whisky festival at Hampden on the same day. I don't know how that's going to work in terms of crowd control, parking etc but shouldn't be a problem I guess 

Actually, in past years that's been a very busy event and the car park's mobbed. Thanks for the heads-up.

2 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

Is it because we are from the refined side of Fife, no granny bashing or car overturning from the classy langtonians, let’s hope for a good sporting contest so we can shake each others hands while queuing for a pie….hurrah hurrah !

Thistle would be genuinely because of the crowd size - although they did bring the pyro festival - but you'll know better than me why the Pars were ostracised. Half-time concourse music is usually Matt Monro singing Born Free and The Seekers singing Kumbaya.

Tickets bought. 
Ashamedly just realised the last time I was at Hampden was the day we were promoted with ‘he’s here, he’s there, he’s every fackin were’ Graeme Weir scoring inside the 1st minute. Loved him, remember him popping up with a winner in injury time against Ayr after they equalised late on when both going for the title.

Anyway, whiskey festival? Where can I park please?

Thanks