Celtic Vs Aberdeen

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now. 

Gorter was miles better. The posts at the time said as much.

Maybe based against early-season Roos, but post-Goodwin Roos was outstanding. Also far too small a sample size to be making such definitive judgements about Gorter, though. Roos is a good goalkeeper for this level and the chances are that a replacement would be worse (although not a guarantee, obviously). It’s a ‘careful what you wish for’ situation IMO.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

This cheered me up a bit.

Whilst I appreciate a raging Boyd as much as the next person, it is a bit embarrassing that those sorts of conspiracies can be trotted out by a pundit on Sky with the presenter giggling along and none of the other pundits bothering to challenge it. It’s the sort of thing a headcase behind a Rangers Twitter account would come out with. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Whilst I appreciate a raging Boyd as much as the next person, it is a bit embarrassing that those sorts of conspiracies can be trotted out by a pundit on Sky with the presenter giggling along and none of the other pundits bothering to challenge it. It’s the sort of thing a headcase behind a Rangers Twitter account would come out with. 

We used to have a better record against Celtic and they trotted out this shite every time

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Scottish fitba', what is the point ... seriously, just what is the point?   A 16 point lead over third place with not even 1/3 of the season played.  A 6 goal humping of our next best (non OF) European entrants.

The sooner the OF head off to the lure of more UEFA bucks in minor European leagues when they eventually happen the better for the game up here.

I can't even imagine what pleasure the OF fans get from constantly swatting the other 40 teams who sit deep to try to avoid the inevitable ... the whole thing is dire.

The standard of Scottish League football is not that good 

17 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Maybe based against early-season Roos, but post-Goodwin Roos was outstanding. Also far too small a sample size to be making such definitive judgements about Gorter, though. Roos is a good goalkeeper for this level and the chances are that a replacement would be worse (although not a guarantee, obviously). It’s a ‘careful what you wish for’ situation IMO.

Surely this is the case with every player?

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It's ridiculous. The players were brilliant against Celtic at Pittodrie at the beginning of the season.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Says it all about the coverage we get in this country. Everything viewed through the prism of the bigot brothers and the rest of us don’t matter. One glance at the panel they used for the games they had today tells you all you need to know.

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

but he is correct , especially with it being at Pittodrie !

It is just the way he " expressed " himself !

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

For Aberdeen that is 5 away days in 15 days while Celtic had an extra 2 days to prepare this. It was never going to be good from an Aberdeen perspective. Robson does need to trust squad players. Break can't come quick enough for some of these players.

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Must not criticise celtic.

Being critical of Celtic when criticism is fair is fine however you seem to enjoy criticism and posting negative stories about Celtic much more than you enjoy supporting your team.

Its a bit weird

29 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Alternatively your fans are just scumbags so often that there is lots of material to choose from.

Keep deflecting though.

Sadly you do actually need to look for it because the apologists in the media gloss over it or you get stuff like this, as the closest they come to condemnation. 
No poppy either?

Period of silence' at Celtic Park

Celtic v Aberdeen (14:30)

f0ca3ed5-a47f-48c0-9434-0d1a1f5ce05e.jpg

Kheredine Idessane

BBC Scotland at Celtic Park

Both sides file out of the tunnel and stand around the centre circle, with a "period of silence" observed "to remember the victims of conflict" and remember "all those innocent lives which continue to be taken". 

Not observed well at all by some in the ground...

4 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

but he is correct , especially with it being at Pittodrie !

It is just the way he " expressed " himself !

It’s a nudge and a wink, and not a particularly subtle one, to the conspiracists who genuinely believe that Aberdeen simply lie down to Celtic. I have seen us take some thrashings against Rangers over the years, including just last season, but I can’t recall a similar narrative about us merely not trying enough. It also stops Boyd having to do any serious or remotely insightful punditry, and helps to frame everything through the prism of the Old Firm.

All non-Old Firm fans, and clubs, deserve better than that. 

My answer.

Create a two-team SPFL Super Premier League at the apex of the pyramid.

They play each other 36 times in Dubai or some such place.

The SEC is equipped with large screens and the floor strewn with sawdust (and the venue sealed off with armed guards) so that OF fans can see the games.

No promotion or relegation.

Old SPFL Premier gets the European places. Winner of the Super Premier gets assured that they are really special in a different way from how other teams are special.

Reckons?

14 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

The standard of Scottish League football is not that good 

I know its not ... I'm a QOS fan after all!  My point is that its bereft as any kind of genuine competition as it stands and would be better shot of the OF.  There is no doubt that the overall "average quality" would drop but so what, at least we'd have a genuine competition and sides likes Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs would win the league now and then and they wouldn't be totally out of the reach of other decent sides from time to time.  Bring it on.

10 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Sadly you do actually need to look for it because the apologists in the media gloss over it or you get stuff like this, as the closest they come to condemnation. 
No poppy either?

Kheredine Idessane

Both sides file out of the tunnel and stand around the centre circle, with a "period of silence" observed "to remember the victims of conflict" and remember "all those innocent lives which continue to be taken". 

It would be nice to hear the Goon Brigade view on the role of their IRA heroes in, er, fighting Nazism 1939-45.

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

No poppy either?

Kheredine Idessane

Has the wearing of a poppy on a football shirt now become mandatory?