Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Coyle was sacked as the biggest diddy of the lot.

Derek Adams (first spell) 13 years ago left on his own terms, to be Colin Calderwood's assistant at Hibs.

Jimmy Calderwood's short-term contract wasn't renewed at the end of that 10/11 season (after the short-term Willie McStay disaster).

Yogi's interim contract wasn't renewed before Malky was hired.

Everyone else has been sacked since, I think?

Getting the manager job now seem to guarantee a decent payoff. Same for most clubs now. 

Inverness Courier has just been reading this thread. The chancing b*****ds.

Neil Lennon, Neil Warnock, Kevin Thomson, Callum Davidson, Scott Brown, Ian Murray and John Hughes are among names already being mentioned.

I’m going to use this as another chance to say, and I’m not criticizing anyone for this as I am in the exact same boat, that it is a bit mad that some people wouldn’t have Mackay as their manager due to his past but would accept Martindale.

Again, that statement goes for me too. I would be raging if MM got the Kilmarnock job but would be happy for Martindale to get it. I just think it’s an interesting point. 

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m going to use this as another chance to say, and I’m not criticizing anyone for this as I am in the exact same boat, that it is a bit mad that some people wouldn’t have Mackay as their manager due to his past but would accept Martindale.

Again, that statement goes for me too. I would be raging if MM got the Kilmarnock job but would be happy for Martindale to get it. I just think it’s an interesting point. 

Mackay has never apologised or shown contrition for what he did. Martindale the opposite. That’s why I think they’re different. 

Edited by Rugster

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The BbC halfwit of choice has “predicted” Ian Murray, David Martindale or Jim McIntyre.  I can safely say it’ll be none of those.  

First two are possibilities (although neither would be my choice), but McIntyre is a complete joke of a prediction

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Been saying just that for months. Football fans are very fickle. Send some racist texts and you should never work in football again. Ruin peoples lives with drug dealing and violence, you are a great guy. It’s bonkers.

I expect our half season ticket sales to rocket as the 6 people who boycotted out of virtuous faux outrage return to the Global Energy Stadium in 2024.

2 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Been saying just that for months. Football fans are very fickle. Send some racist texts and you should never work in football again. Ruin peoples lives with drug dealing and violence, you are a great guy. 

I’m obviously not saying this for everyone or really meaning it too seriously but I would say that’s a fair reflection on Scottish society.

Drugs seem to be an accepted part of society but, luckily for the majority of people you won’t accept racism.