Terrible patter on the forum

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Typing in an accent should be punishable by castration with a rusty spoon

There was a guy calling himself Sanka that used to write in a Jamaican accent on the east of Scotland thread, was quite amusing to read his posts. It was quite clever.

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Lucky Emily Bronte, Mark Twain, Derek Walcott, Jack Kerouac and hunners of others are all deed then. Irvine Welsh's balls are still swinging though, fire in.

Sadly Feersum Endjinn's scribe is lost to us too.

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

It's not just a P&B thing, and other places are much worse for it ("Scottish Twitter"), but accent patter is quite bad IMO. It seems to have become much more of a thing over the past year or so; basically anybody who has a Scottish accent that isn't broad Glaswegian getting hit with "that accent, man!" patter. I mostly blame Limmy. 

It's not just an accent thing either.  Basically anything that Weegies don't partake in is seen by them as being genuinely obscene, whether that be language or the mock chop.  The chippy vs chipper thing for example has been done to death to the point it's incredibly tiresome now.

I think it's fair to say that in the SW there's a strong sense of Glaswegian = Scottish, and vice versa.  Very small-minded and inward looking behaviour.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

She'll be about 18 months old. She was 6 months old when I got her. My nephew's younger brother had got her for his birthday but he was frightened of her, so I got landed with her instead. 

So, your nephew?

49 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's not just an accent thing either.  Basically anything that Weegies don't partake in is seen by them as being genuinely obscene, whether that be language or the mock chop.  The chippy vs chipper thing for example has been done to death to the point it's incredibly tiresome now.

I think it's fair to say that in the SW there's a strong sense of Glaswegian = Scottish, and vice versa.  Very small-minded and inward looking behaviour.

There is definitely an arrogance about Weegies that think they're all things that encompass Scotland.

11 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

In contrast to setting up an account for it on this website and posting as a hamster that isn't even that bad. 

It's the official hamster of P&B and the official mascot. Of course it needs an account.

Edited by Richey Edwards