Clyde v East Fife

I've said Leighfield was rubbish since his debut at Cove, at least Parry makes a brilliant save occasionally.

Bigger crowd than usual, new manager and playing another side having a stinker. No excuse for that performance. 

It is not possible to describe how much I detest Jim Duffy and the clown that appointed him.

Who has honestly looked at Ross Lyon and thought he’s captain material? Doesn’t talk and he is a fucking deplorable football player. 

We’re then bringing absolutely diddys like Euan Cameron off a bench to play up front. 

Ji Stevenson was offside 5 times, maybe more as i left at 70 minutes. That alone is ridiculous. 

if you can’t  get yourself motivated for your first game for a new manager, you never will. What a shower of shite we are. 

I've seen Clyde twice in the league now. The 2-1 Peterhead game and today. 

In those two games, 3hrs plus of football, they have created two chances. 

Against Peterhead I didn't think they were quite as bad as had been suggested. 

Today they were every bit, and some, as bad. 

Were East Fife any good? Miles better than Clyde but whether actually decent, who knows? 

While waiting on the train at Hamilton West I took a wee look at the upcoming fixtures. 

Offfttt. 

Clyde could easily be adrift by the time McCall has had two league games in charge. 

And then McCall might have money, might know what is needed and have players identified. Nobody will want to go there unless it's silly money, and that comes with the risk of overspending on crap. 

Didn’t think so before, but Lowland League beckons. Sad times for a club that have contributed much to the fabric of Scottish football. 

Edited by John MacLean

The most entertaining thing, by far, was the Dutch guys during the crossbar challenge. Do any of them fancy a game? As I mentioned in the other thread, Maitland’s insight on a few things was very interesting and explained a lot. He made it quite clear that he was not at all impressed with Jim Duffy. He also made some assurances that there will be changes to the squad come the transfer window which is about the only thing stopping me from a feeling of eternal doom.

41 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

What a laughable bunch, so incompetent it’s not real.

Leighfield and Lyon were genuinely so bad they shouldn’t play again. Forbes at right mid 😂

Empty as many of this mob as possible. 

Stevenson, King, Rennie, Grant and Carswell too.

Not forgetting the non-starters who aren't even good enough to get into that team of shite.

49 minutes ago, David W said:

I've said Leighfield was rubbish since his debut at Cove, at least Parry makes a brilliant save occasionally.

Bigger crowd than usual, new manager and playing another side having a stinker. No excuse for that performance. 

It is not possible to describe how much I detest Jim Duffy and the clown that appointed him.

The chairman lauded over Duffys appointment too and he still clings on

32 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We've played better, but decent enough win for the Fife. 

Ross Forbes is carrying Clyde, and he's only got an hour of fitba per week in him. 

You must be kidding! Only Ross Lyon and the keeper were worse. I’ve seen aircraft carriers get turned quicker. It really boils my piss seeing him waddling about the park. Get him to f**k.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

You must be kidding! Only Ross Lyon and the keeper were worse. I’ve seen aircraft carriers get turned quicker. It really boils my piss seeing him waddling about the park. Get him to f**k.

He created your only chances of the game

How things have changed in the 6 months since that play off semi final game. Clyde looked like they had a fighting chance of staying up but since then things have really fell of a cliff. Great feeling to get back to winning ways and a victory on Tuesday will take us 9 points clear of the dreaded trap door. Still only a third of the way through the season and a lot of footballing twists and turns to come before May. 

Total embarrassment today (again) shite keeper, poor slow defence, clueless midfield and a non existent forward line.  Thomson needs to have a good look at himself, he’s not only stood back and watched Duffy run into the ground, he rewarded him.  Everything you witnessed today is down to Thomson and Duffy, and it’s hard to see how we’re going to get out of this mess.