Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

They’re about fifth so I doubt it. I’d imagine the Pats board are happy enough with seventh and moving on.

I know they just got promoted from League One but if a club the size of Dunfermline are happy with 7th in the Championship then I'd suggest they're severely lacking ambition.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I know they just got promoted from League One but if a club the size of Dunfermline are happy with 7th in the Championship then I'd suggest they're severely lacking ambition.

It's what they get for more or less going with their core from last season and imagining that would be good enough, especially the goalie. Never understood how Deniz ever had much of a reputation worth paying for.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Defending terrible again but for it to come from a free kick that wasn't a foul is galling to say the least. Like "aye that last one was a foul so I'll just blow for this perfectly fine challenge since the advantage didn't work out". That's your FIFA/UEFA representative right there folks.

I've only seen the second half and the two goals this half have come from free kicks given that didn't look like fouls. Doesn't excuse the defending at Stanton's goal or the Goalkeeping at Vaughan's goal but this should still be 0-1

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's what they get for more or less going with their core from last season and imagining that would be good enough, especially the goalie. Never understood how Deniz ever had much of a reputation worth paying for.

McPake making the exact same mistake he made with us thinking standing by the core that gets you up will do the business when it's a totally different level.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They’ve got a squad that would be nowhere near good enough to go up though, so I’d imagine it’s a case of consolidate this year and give it another go next season. 

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

I've only seen the second half and the two goals this half have come from free kicks given that didn't look like fouls. Doesn't excuse the defending at Stanton's goal or the Goalkeeping at Vaughan's goal but this should still be 0-1

Willie Collum being Willie Collum. You shouldn't expect anything less. The most overhyped yet useless top level official in Scottish football. And that's saying something!

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

They’ve got a squad that would be nowhere near good enough to go up though, so I’d imagine it’s a case of consolidate this year and give it another go next season. 

You sign a squad to win the Championship then completely dismantle it. Seems to be the way forward in my experience.