Elgin vs Clyde

3 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Any news on the weather up there? Will the game go ahead?

Forres Mechanics v Brechin has been called off 12 miles along the road if that’s worth anything. Might just be a Forres pitch issue but I’d imagine there’ll be an inspection at Borough Briggs 

Edited by CrispyMelon

Just now, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Surely no…

IMG_3989.png

No pitch inspection planned?

Hmm.  I'd be very surprised if that is the case.  Temperature dropped pretty quickly here this afternoon.  Forecasting -5 overnight and barely rising to zero by mid-day.  

I will be (pleasantly) surprised if the game is on.

3 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

No pitch inspection planned?

Hmm.  I'd be very surprised if that is the case.  Temperature dropped pretty quickly here this afternoon.  Forecasting -5 overnight and barely rising to zero by mid-day.  

I will be (pleasantly) surprised if the game is on.

It’s feels about -3 down here so I’ll be amazed if the games on! 

To not have an inspection at this time of the year, with the current weather and distance between the two clubs seems daft to say the least.

11 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Pitch inspection at 7.30 am tomorrow morning.

At least something of a lesson learned from this biscuit tin outfit.

But really just call it tonight and move on. Fairly obvious this game is not going to be on.

If pitch inspection is 7:30am I doubt it’ll go ahead especially with it getting even colder over night and at that time in the morning there’s no way it’ll be thawed out even if inspection was later on in the the majority of the pitch will still be unplayable probably

2 hours ago, elginer said:

I assume the pitch covers are not down. If not why not? They cost a lot of money but are rarely used. Clarification from the club on this would be useful. 

I think because it has been frosty the last couple of days. Covers can’t go down days before as it knackers the pitch.

Even if we lose the rearranged match whenever it happens, the more important thing was just not falling 8 points behind while McCall is still trying to get things going and get a bit of confidence back in the team (and signings come January obviously).