**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Wee-Bey

On 02/12/2023 at 12:45, velo army said:

"Last Christmas" by Wham can also do one. It's about a breakup and you'd be as well substituting "valentines" and it would actually make more sense. At no other point does it mention any Christmas related things.

Been hearing this song a lot. The way he says "gev you my heart" and "sev me from tears" really annoys me.

I'll get my Christmas music from Shakey thanks. 

Not sure if this should be here or in the PTTGOYN section, but my big Christmas gripe is about dishes. Aye, fkn dishes. All the problems in the world, and I'm raving on about dishes.

Mrs S&V insists on using the "good" dinner plates for the Christmas meal. Trouble is, they're that fine china stuff, so can't hold the heat.  I can heat them in the oven but within about a minute of food being put on them, the plate and the food are cold. Hate it. 

The "day to day" plates are thicker and hold heat just fine, but for allegedly the most important, family orientated meal of the year... no, no, can't possibly use them...must use the "good" ones.  Mental.

21 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not sure if this should be here or in the PTTGOYN section, but my big Christmas gripe is about dishes. Aye, fkn dishes. All the problems in the world, and I'm raving on about dishes.

Mrs S&V insists on using the "good" dinner plates for the Christmas meal. Trouble is, they're that fine china stuff, so can't hold the heat.  I can heat them in the oven but within about a minute of food being put on them, the plate and the food are cold. Hate it. 

The "day to day" plates are thicker and hold heat just fine, but for allegedly the most important, family orientated meal of the year... no, no, can't possibly use them...must use the "good" ones.  Mental.

You know the answer - an accidental breakage of one of her favourite dishes should suffice.  Maybe just a saucer, though - you don't want to spoil Christmas completely. 

P.S. If you take my advice you're a brave man.   

That’s the Christmas tree up and just watched my first Christmas film of the festive season.

Going out again for Christmas lunch this year, saves a lot of hassle on the day itself and gives more time to just enjoy it all.

It’s my 40th on the 22nd so plan on making the most of the week or so I’ll get off work.

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh aye the " good " dishes get brought out here aswell and are used on Xmas day and new Year's Day and are hand washed ( not to be put in the dishwasher) and then disappear to the back of the cupboard for another 12 months ...utter nonsense 

Christmas shopping all done today. Left the house to kick it all off at 1, home before 6.  Everything now in hand, no need for deliveries in dribs and drabs, no trips to the mail depot at the stupidly narrow window they specify, etc. Pint of Burnside in a pub and even a haircut en route, plus a few whisky tasters in the shop.  No other half with me, so chit f***ity chat. 

Better still, my card never got cancelled due it getting used multiple times in an hour.  Learned my lesson from previous years, hence took out a pile of cash at the start of the day.

Anyway, job done. Feet up, relax...

My wife buys all the presents, i do the food shop and cooking, works for us.

Will be the both of us at ours, with both mums and our daughter for xmas day, then the both of us, our daughter and her other half at ours for boxing day, oh and the two pooches. Will get out for an early morning walk with the dogs before starting on the dinner. 

My daughter likes the Santa Clause film, so that's kinda a tradition now, coming round to ours in the morning to watch it.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Oh aye the " good " dishes get brought out here aswell and are used on Xmas day and new Year's Day and are hand washed ( not to be put in the dishwasher) and then disappear to the back of the cupboard for another 12 months ...utter nonsense 

Nah, not having this called nonsense. Christmas dinner should ALWAYS be served in the "good" dishes. Special Christmas themed dinner set passed down the family for decades on Christmas day and the Denby out for NYD.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Nah, not having this called nonsense. Christmas dinner should ALWAYS be served in the "good" dishes. Special Christmas themed dinner set passed down the family for decades on Christmas day and the Denby out for NYD.

Party Suzie ( lazy Susan) as always for Nyd .... pineapple and ham chunks on a toothpick is a must