**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Wee-Bey

Nae such Christmas hassles for me.  Off to Poland with Mrs SA to visit her family.  As I speak no Polish and they speak no English I just bury myself into a book and let them get on with it.

All I have to do is bring some chairs for setting the table.

Turn up for meal.

Eat the steak pie they make for me.

Oh yeah, and dress up as Santa for the gift giving.

I have flown a few times on Christmas Eve dressed up as Santa, loved it, reaction from people and kids is amazing. 

IMG_20211224_101433.jpg

IMG_20191224_115651.jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army

6 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Nae such Christmas hassles for me.  Off to Poland with Mrs SA to visit her family.  As I speak no Polish and they speak no English I just bury myself into a book and let them get on with it.

Turn up for meal.

I have flown a few times on Christmas Eve dressed up as Santa, loved it, reaction from people and kids is amazing. 

IMG_20211224_101433.jpg

IMG_20191224_115651.jpg

Sounds sound but I'm unsure if that last sentence gets you on the OFTW list or not! 

On 03/12/2023 at 08:59, throbber said:

I’m doing turkey this year which i have never done before. Do most people just buy from a supermarket or am i best going to a turkey dealership?

Turkey crown, sausagemeat and cranberry stuffing, cover with puff pastry.

Turkey en croute. Moister than yer sister in laws drawers every time.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

No pickles on the cocktail sticks, or beetroot chunks? 

What’s the deal with Dundonians and beetroot at this time of year? Pickled onions and the rest I get but come 18th December beetroot is like hens teeth round here.

Not complaining mind you, love a bit of beetroot on the old cocktail stick (no euph).

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What’s the deal with Dundonians and beetroot at this time of year? Pickled onions and the rest I get but come 18th December beetroot is like hens teeth round here.

Not complaining mind you, love a bit of beetroot on the old cocktail stick (no euph).

There's nothing like a cocktail stick with a silverskin onion, a chunk of beetroot, a chunk of pineapple and a chunk of cheddar - reminds me of many a Hogmanay at my Gran's place.  The food was put out early Hogmanay and was left there until about the 2nd!  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He was getting a charisma transplant that time he weas photographed in his hospital bed was he not?

Did it work?

Was going to say he'd be a good cure for insomnia, but it was too painful listening to him talk, for me relaxing enough to nod off.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did it work?

Was going to say he'd be a good cure for insomnia, but it was too painful listening to him talk, for me relaxing enough to nod off.

TBF to him, i'll always at least give him some credit that he effortlessly pulled the wool over the entire orc fanbase with a couple of stupid soundbites, despite being an obvious chancer from the get go. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

TBF to him, i'll always at least give him some credit that he effortlessly pulled the wool over the entire orc fanbase with a couple of stupid soundbites, despite being an obvious chancer from the get go. 

Orcs and chancers go together like err.......lambeg and....err.........flute.

14 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Turn up for meal.

IMG_20211224_101433.jpg

IMG_20191224_115651.jpg

Is the steak pie on the 25th? I take it you do the twelve dishes meal, barscz, carp, sauerkraut etc the day before?