Alloa VS Accies

30 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

As we all knew at the time, that was a stonewall penalty when O'Hara was felled by the keeper.

I'm convinced the ref's decision to book O'Hara was influenced by O'Hara complaining about being bundled over off the ball about 2 or 3 minutes before it.

The linesman on our sideline though should have seen both that and the fact it was a penalty. They obviously don't forget that they can get involved in things other than offsides and the ball going out of play but it would be nice if they did so at times when its obvious the referee has made an error.

If the ref then chooses to ignore their advice then that's fine but don't just ignore it.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm convinced the ref's decision to book O'Hara was influenced by O'Hara complaining about being bundled over off the ball about 2 or 3 minutes before it.

The linesman on our sideline though should have seen both that and the fact it was a penalty. They obviously don't forget that they can get involved in things other than offsides and the ball going out of play but it would be nice if they did so at times when its obvious the referee has made an error.

If the ref then chooses to ignore their advice then that's fine but don't just ignore it.

What is the basis of/reasoning behind your being convinced?

I'm assuming you've included "don't" in error. Given that, are you not aware refs and their assistants are in constant communication through their mics and earpieces? 

9 hours ago, printer said:

What is the basis of/reasoning behind your being convinced?

Because he was annoyed at being questioned.

9 hours ago, printer said:

I'm assuming you've included "don't" in error. Given that, are you not aware refs and their assistants are in constant communication through their mics and earpieces? 

No I included it because it's obvious they know that those things aren't their only job. They just choose not to get involved. I know they are in constant communication (it annoys me, for example, when people say linesmen didn't flag till after the ref blows the whistle because the reality is they likely pressed their wee button before the whistle) but the yellow card was out so quickly there was simply no way any conversation had time to take place. He must have been able to see quite clearly the referee had made a big mistake but did nothing to assist him correct it.

Edited by Todd_is_God