Alloa VS Accies

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

How many times have you actually seen us to come to that conclusion?

I usually put the games on Wyscout when I have a quiet Sunday. In terms of minutes watched I've probably watched more League 1 football than anyone but the most keen analysts.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I usually put the games on Wyscout when I have a quiet Sunday. In terms of minutes watched I've probably watched more League 1 football than anyone but the most keen analysts.

Then how in God's name can you say we're overachievers? We've got the second highest points per game which is clearly at least our level. 

We go from our best performance of the season last week to that today very disappointing to say the least. At times we were lucky not to lose the game but a draw was probably the fair result. O"Brien probably showed in that first half on why we've not seen much of him he was absolutely rotten. Fergus Owens for me is a better player. What has Euan Henderson done to Rankin fact he brings Tait and Hewit on before Henderson is just embarrassing. Lose next week and he has to be sacked. Again today for the second time in a couple of months a section of Alloa fans showed their lack of class and smashed 2 windows of the accies supporters bus luckily it was only the outside window so nobody was injured still embarrassing from those Alloa fans.

32 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Can only echo the comments that Hamilton are overachievers. It was galling to lose out on the first meeting and today it was just as sore not to come away with a win. Rode their luck heavily with some of the chances they conceded and didn't ask us an awful lot of questions.

Behave. We're the league's top scorers and have the league's meanest defence. We were shite today but we're top of the league with Falkirk because we've been consistently one of the best sides in the league.

Edited by Todd_is_God

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Then how in God's name can you say we're overachievers? We've got the second highest points per game which is clearly at least our level. 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Behave. We're the league's top scorers and have the league's meanest defence. We were shite today but we're top of the league with Falkirk because we've been consistently one of the best sides in the league.

By comparison Edinburgh last season were overachieving to be sitting second at new years. I don't expect you to maintain the same level of point scoring.  I don't expect you to fall away as dramatically either but I think currently your points in the bank is painting a 'false' picture.

Alloa played very well but they could not have won by 3 or 4 as one person said. You had three great chances to go one up in the first fifteen minutes or so. One of them goes in, game re-starts and maybe Alloa sit back for a bit. Like the look of Bobby Wales, can see him in the Killie team next season. 

We hit the bar twice and should've had a penalty, looked a clear one for me. But we really created very little. I thought Zanatta deserved another ten minutes and what Tumilty had done wrong, I don't know. Lewis Smith was our most dangerous player so of course Rankin takes him off for Tait! Played fairly well near end and almost a wonder goal from Kyle. But a win would have been tough on Alloa, a great battling display and gave us some real problems. Better at corners than us but who isn't. Bizarre we scored far more from them when we went down.

Heard the players had their Christmas night out last week in Newcastle. It depends how much they drank, I'm sure some would have drank plenty but should they be doing this at all when we're in such a battle at the top? At least it's not tonight I suppose.

Excellent programme by the way. If only we could make the effort.

Screenshot_20231209_192758_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fac24a14e8be029604c4d5cbde8196d9.jpg

18 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

By comparison Edinburgh last season were overachieving to be sitting second at new years. I don't expect you to maintain the same level of point scoring.  I don't expect you to fall away as dramatically either but I think currently your points in the bank is painting a 'false' picture.

Based on what?

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Based on my instincts on football?

Assume this is quite a simple calculation of xG vs xG against per game, but Wyscout's xPoints algorithm thinks you're almost 12 points better off than you should be too.

image.thumb.png.dbf5e911a236cc92b8e3f7643221693e.png

Put down the football manager for a bit and relax, mate. Football is not, and never has been, decided by subjective stats like xG

I don't think even the most biased Falkirk fan would say they should be 7+ clear of us atm.

We're in the title race because we're a good side. Nothing more, nothing less.

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Based on my instincts on football?

Assume this is quite a simple calculation of xG vs xG against per game, but Wyscout's xPoints algorithm thinks you're almost 12 points better off than you should be too.

image.thumb.png.dbf5e911a236cc92b8e3f7643221693e.png

Never mind algorithms and that xG pish, get working on the highlights to get them up ASAP. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Put down the football manager for a bit and relax, mate. Football is not, and never has been, decided by subjective stats like xG

I don't think even the most biased Falkirk fan would say they should be 7+ clear of us atm.

We're in the title race because we're a good side. Nothing more, nothing less.

You never been on the Falkirk thread? 😉

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Lose next week and he has to be sacked. 

This is a joke right? You've lost one league game in sixteen. You are currently top of the table, albeit on goal difference only. Most goals scored. Least conceded. At worst, you will be three points adrift of the top of the table this time next week (although our record of bottling big games is unsurpassed so there is every chance that you will find in fact yourselves three points clear)

On what possible basis is that record criteria for the manager to be sacked? Unless you believe you should be five/six/seven points ahead, in which case you would be utterly deluding yourself. We've dropped eight points from 45. Any Hamilton fan who does not have their head in the clouds would have snapped your hand off for that scenario at the start of the season.

Rankin is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Owsley 2 said:

Heard the players had their Christmas night out last week in Newcastle. It depends how much they drank, I'm sure some would have drank plenty but should they be doing this at all when we're in such a battle at the top? At least it's not tonight I suppose

Why shouldn't they have a Xmas night out and why shouldn't they have a drink?

14 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Again today for the second time in a couple of months a section of Alloa fans showed their lack of class and smashed 2 windows of the accies supporters bus luckily it was only the outside window so nobody was injured still embarrassing from those Alloa fans.

I hate shit like this, as you say it's embarrassing and am glad no one was hurt.

I thought it was a good game for a 0-0, and a point was the least we deserved. I'm not sure that Falkirk are a necessarily a better team than Accies, I suspect we're simply better suited to Hamilton's style of play.

Bobby Wales did well today, if he can somehow find an end product he could be lethal at this level. Maybe one goal is all he needs.

Edited by Sixtyten

1 minute ago, Sixtyten said:

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We go from our best performance of the season last week to that today very disappointing to say the least. At times we were lucky not to lose the game but a draw was probably the fair result. O"Brien probably showed in that first half on why we've not seen much of him he was absolutely rotten. Fergus Owens for me is a better player. What has Euan Henderson done to Rankin fact he brings Tait and Hewit on before Henderson is just embarrassing. Lose next week and he has to be sacked. Again today for the second time in a couple of months a section of Alloa fans showed their lack of class and smashed 2 windows of the accies supporters bus luckily it was only the outside window so nobody was injured still embarrassing from those Alloa fans.

yeah i saw them all waiting when i drove from the LIDL carpark,  wee assholes  barely 16 most of them , not real fans ,sorry to hear and feel it for the fans in the bus , and as an ex bus driver the driver and company as well .

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

This is a joke right? You've lost one league game in sixteen. You are currently top of the table, albeit on goal difference only. Most goals scored. Least conceded. At worst, you will be three points adrift of the top of the table this time next week (although our record of bottling big games is unsurpassed so there is every chance that you will find in fact yourselves three points clear)

On what possible basis is that record criteria for the manager to be sacked? Unless you believe you should be five/six/seven points ahead, in which case you would be utterly deluding yourself. We've dropped eight points from 45. Any Hamilton fan who does not have their head in the clouds would have snapped your hand off for that scenario at the start of the season.

Rankin is going nowhere.

A Falkirk win would mean we would be 6 points behind after they win their game in hand that is far from acceptable. He's been backed with better players than what Brian Rice and Stuart Taylor were in the premiership and the championship to go pretty much 6 points behind and out of the league cup, Scottish Challenge Cup and the Scottish Cup all just before Christmas with the squad he has would be unacceptable. Also he was the manager that got us relegated last season in the championship and he should of been sacked then. The new owner has backed him significantly but his tactics and subs constantly let us down.