Aberdeen vs Killie

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

At the moment it really is. Based on the fact that those who don't want him sacked, yet, are quiet for fear of being ridiculed by the vociferous few. 

Fans were booing long balls being played forward last night Joey.

It's been obvious this was going to happen for months.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

They certainly were, and it was a ludicrous tactic when it was obvious straight away that that wasn't going to work. But my opinion is that we shouldn't sack him yet, and I'm certain he won't be until after the Cup Final, unless the result and performance against Hearts is horrendous, not just a defeat. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They certainly were, and it was a ludicrous tactic when it was obvious straight away that that wasn't going to work. But my opinion is that we shouldn't sack him yet, and I'm certain he won't be until after the Cup Final, unless the result and performance against Hearts is horrendous, not just a defeat. 

It's not the first time we've tried that ludicrous tactic against teams who would eat it up though.

Whenever we've played it on the deck this season, we've looked decent. Instead the manager has a desire to go long more often than not.

If that's how you want to play then buy a target man but I'd suggest it's pretty obvious why that's not going to be entertained.

20 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

To be fair, they were booing it getting knocked about at the back as well. What does Barry have to do to get you lot to support the team, seems he can’t win? 

Just now, MarbellaDEE said:

To be fair, they were booing it getting knocked about at the back as well. What does Barry have to do to get you lot to support the team, seems he can’t win? 

We knock it about at the back because teams let us. Then we run out of options as the midfield and attack are miles away and we go long.

It's repeating the last two years of McInnes. Barry should know it's not going to be successful because he sat through it.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

We knock it about at the back because teams let us. Then we run out of options as the midfield and attack are miles away and we go long.

It's repeating the last two years of McInnes. Barry should know it's not going to be successful because he sat through it.

Yeah I know mate, jokes aside that’s as poor an Aberdeen side as I can remember seeing. Hopefully no new manager bounce for you before we meet on the 23rd. 

There was one lengthy spell of knocking it about the back that was getting loudly booed before we actually passed it out and it ended with a reasonable chance (I’ve remembered it as Duks header on target from close in but am probably wrong).

Kilmarnock had only committed two attackers to the press and they both tired quite quickly. Clearly using our more expensive ball players to play around them would be the way forward, you’d think? But no, back to returning possession by long ball every time. I can’t get my head around what Barry’s thinking, other than Melchett logic:

Blackadder:
It's the same plan that we used last time and the seventeen times before that.

Barry:
Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it! It will catch the watchful *** totally off guard! Doing precisely what we've done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time! 

At least we’re not being machine gunned I suppose.

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There was one lengthy spell of knocking it about the back that was getting loudly booed before we actually passed it out and it ended with a reasonable chance (I’ve remembered it as Duks header on target from close in but am probably wrong).

Kilmarnock had only committed two attackers to the press and they both tired quite quickly. Clearly using our more expensive ball players to play around them would be the way forward, you’d think? But no, back to returning possession by long ball every time. I can’t get my head around what Barry’s thinking, other than Melchett logic:

Blackadder:
It's the same plan that we used last time and the seventeen times before that.

Barry:
Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it! It will catch the watchful *** totally off guard! Doing precisely what we've done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time! 

At least we’re not being machine gunned I suppose.

This isn’t even that far off the truth. 

I can only think the strategy is that if you bombard them enough that someone, somewhere along the line will make a mistake leading to a chance or a set piece or something that breaks the deadlock. 

It’s just so familiar with end of days mcinnes and calderwood, except that’s basically been the game plan from day 1 for Barry. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can only think the strategy is that if you bombard them enough that someone, somewhere along the line will make a mistake leading to a chance or a set piece or something that breaks the deadlock. 

It’s just so familiar with end of days mcinnes and calderwood, except that’s basically been the game plan from day 1 for Barry

It's almost as if he was one of Derek's nodding dogs on the bench.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s just so familiar with end of days mcinnes and calderwood, except that’s basically been the game plan from day 1 for Barry. 

Sensible against Hearts' defence on Saturday, tbh.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Sensible against Hearts' defence on Saturday, tbh.

To be honest I’m sure there’s statistical support for it in this league that when up against a packed defence, literally just banging your head against the wall repeatedly may make a crack is not the worst idea. 

It’s just clearly horrendous to watch, it won’t yield many chances and when a team is low in confidence the likelihood of taking that chance is lower. 

18 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I sincerely hope the fella with the Arab Strap tickets went to the gig - I was so unenthused by the thought of watching this on a stream earlier on, I would have picked the gig too.

Poor fella as it was cancelled. They have rearranged it for the Clyde game on the 19th January!