Most/Least Interesting Clubs in Scotland

32 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

When you saw how easily we cast them aside when we were in the same league a couple of years ago you realize it wouldn’t be that exciting having them in the top flight.

The three biggest results in the clubs history have been 2x 3rd round Scottish Cup knockouts of us in 97/98 and a 1-0 League Cup group stage victory in 2017. 

But we have got Hibs.

Everyone will naturally find their own club the most interesting, as it should be. But I think it's difficult to find a club that's been more "interesting" than Hearts in the 21st century.

Pieman and nearly selling the ground, leading to Vlad, leading to splitting the Old Firm and ending up in admin, nearly being liquidated but instead emerging as The People's Champions; a fan-owned club. Two relegations; one the consequences of admin, the other aided by a global pandemic, winning a division ahead of our local rivals and Rangers by about 25 points, playing in six cup finals, winning two, including skelping our local rivals 5-1; one of four wins against them at Hampden. Along the way we've employed a coach who was a sex offender, fired another coach while top of the league, hired another coach who was a child with a laptop, and just generally spent the entire time no more than a few minutes away from something mad happening.

Whatever team you support, dear reader, it must be boring as f**k.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Everyone will naturally find their own club the most interesting, as it should be. But I think it's difficult to find a club that's been more "interesting" than Hearts in the 21st century.

Pieman and nearly selling the ground, leading to Vlad, leading to splitting the Old Firm and ending up in admin, nearly being liquidated but instead emerging as The People's Champions; a fan-owned club. Two relegations; one the consequences of admin, the other aided by a global pandemic, winning a division ahead of our local rivals and Rangers by about 25 points, playing in six cup finals, winning two, including skelping our local rivals 5-1; one of four wins against them at Hampden. Along the way we've employed a coach who was a sex offender, fired another coach while top of the league, hired another coach who was a child with a laptop, and just generally spent the entire time no more than a few minutes away from something mad happening.

Hearts are owned by a bowling club committee now and do that shitey scarf twiring crap.  The ultimate definition of boring these days.   The ultimate aim of the club is a shan hotel and a successdul ladies team. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

You forgot about the boy Thompson.

4 hours ago, Girth said:

St Johnstone least interesting!?

Cat Thank You GIF by hoppip

Naaah first double outwith the OF in over half a century? V. Interesting 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Get a grip folks. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, interesting about the entity that is Livingston FC. With any luck, this season is the one that gets them to fcuk from the top flight.

Don't think so - first new town to have a top flight team 

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Elgin surely has to be the least interesting. No relegations or promotions since coming into the SFL/SPFL, never seem to do anything the cups and in general are utter no marks.

Probably agree. My dad said they used to be the Rangers of the old Hisland League 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It’s definitely Elgin for least interesting. Just an absolute nothing club from the biggest *** shitehole north of Larkhall. 

Literally tens of people will care when they slither back to the Highland League where they belong. 

Is it a shithole? I've only passed through a couple of times and recall it being ok? But then I have also heard of big gang issues?

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Premiership:  Least -Livingston. Not a real football club.
Most -  probably Hibs. Always seem to lurch from good season to catastrophe season, back to good, back to catastrophe ad infinitum

Naahhh they're chaotic but the whole "supported by the luvvies" thing is dull. They had a schemie who lucked out in the 90s as a half-decent author. 

. they're neither the most interesting, nor the most dull.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Stenhousemuir is the most boring club in Scotland.

Kind of just there. Swap between the 3rd and 4th tier every now and then. Over 50 years since anything of interest happened to them and that was nearly getting kicked out the league for being boring.

i bet not one person even thought about Stenhousemuir before I mentioned them,

This is as good metric as any 

All the shouts for us are pretty brainless tbh. In the last 30 years we have;

Had a league title taken off us for moving a game to a Friday to avoid players being suspended.

Had our highest profile home game ever postponed because we sold way more tickets than the ground holds.

Had a game postponed in August because the pitch was too dry.

Had a director and one of the main financial bankers of the club resign because a fellow director told him to stick his money up his arse via a 'hacked' email.

Had 6 (plus several recently departed) players called out by the SFA for betting breaches at once, including our standout player who won five figures betting on himself to be booked which led to a court case that lasted over 3 years.

It's not always fun but it's very rarely uninteresting supporting Elgin. Embarrassing or amusing, take your pick.

Also...

Elgin face SPFL probe after match called off due to gravel on pitch (northern-scot.co.uk)

Elgin face SPFL probe after match called off due to gravel on pitch

IIUZ6ONM0Y1B55VF1VIS.jpg

Referee Gavin Ross called the game off an hour before kick off, after Cowdenbeath raised concerns over player safety on an area of the pitch covered in stones.

City chairman Graham Tatters insisted the park was in the same condition when it was declared playable for home matches already played this season. But he promised action will be taken by the club to ensure next Saturday’s home game against Stirling Albion is allowed to go ahead.

“We understand it is a major problem but there is nothing we can do about it,” he said. “It is not a new problem. The last home game and the game before that, we knew it, the referees have mentioned it to us but they said ‘we are marking you down’. “There’s just nothing we can do. We’ve had the fire brigade on it hosing it down, we’ve had one of the guys who does crop spraying, we’ve had about 15,000 litres of water on here and it just disappears.

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

All the shouts for us are pretty brainless tbh. In the last 30 years we have;

Had a league title taken off us for moving a game to a Friday to avoid players being suspended.

Had our highest profile home game ever postponed because we sold way more tickets than the ground holds.

Had a game postponed in August because the pitch was too dry.

Had a director and one of the main financial bankers of the club resign because a fellow director told him to stick his money up his arse via a 'hacked' email.

Had 6 (plus several recently departed) players called out by the SFA for betting breaches at once, including our standout player who won five figures betting on himself to be booked which led to a court case that lasted over 3 years.

It's not always fun but it's very rarely uninteresting supporting Elgin. Embarrassing or amusing, take your pick.

That's incredible. Shows up my (and others'!) ignorance of the lower leagues!

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Least interesting is Morten.  Sorry but Greenocks a shitehole and they never do anything ever.

Most interesting is St Mirren, solely for the fact that the support always seems to be permanently angry. 

I was going to say Morton * as well.

And then someone reminded me that Elgin exists which there might be an even duller club that we’ve all forgotten exist

* One of us has got the spelling wrong but I doubt anybody actually cares

Least - Motherwell.

Overall, they jist float about mid table year after year. Couple of relegation battles. Couple European trips. But they win heehaw and are just there. 

Most - Falkirk

Always seems to be a total f**k up just round the corner whenever things are going well. Rarely a dull season.

5 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Livingston are anything but boring tbh.  Always some shit going on. 

I don't get the Livi hate.  Yes, it's not the best town for a pint and their 'pitch' really is terrible (and it's not the same without the 'nightclub' at the ground) but without them we just gain more fans of the two cheeks. Livingston is a cesspit of old firmery and fair play to anyone that gets out and support their local team.

5 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Stenhousemuir is the most boring club in Scotland.

Kind of just there. Swap between the 3rd and 4th tier every now and then. Over 50 years since anything of interest happened to them and that was nearly getting kicked out the league for being boring.

i bet not one person even thought about Stenhousemuir before I mentioned them,

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

This is as good metric as any 

Aye, apart from @stu2910 in the original post. Give the bookies a miss for a wee while, @Jim McLean's Ghost