Most/Least Interesting Clubs in Scotland

9 hours ago, chopface said:

Big Meadowbank fan were you?  I am genuinely sympathetic to those that were - must be awful to lose your club. But time has moved on and you cannot blame the fans for what happened in the past.  It was far from ideal but binning Livi isn't going to make anything better.  

Be a bit shite for the Meadowbank/Livi fans that followed their team through to Livingston too.

Hamilton for least, probably. Other than relegating Hibs I can’t think of anything that piqued my attention over the years. I find all the fat, red-dished orange order lifestyle a real turn off, so I would hate to live somewhere where that is a big thing. So for that reason Airdrie have to get an honourable mention too. 

Most is my own club: HMFC. Would be weird to choose any other club. If I had not inherited them from an unbroken line from father to child since people first started watching football in Edinburgh, then I think I would probably still have chosen them as my club. Outside of HMFC, I used to quite like Raith Rovers for various reasons too: The old McCrae’s Battalion connection, the team that beat Celtic to lift the League Cup and then went on to lead vs Bayern Munich. Also liked how Turnbull Hutton was so outspoken about the ‘zombification’ of Rangers and the attempts to insert them in to a higher level than they should. As it was they ultimately did get inserted higher of course, but at least it wasn’t the SPL or First Division. I went off them a bit during the vote to end the season however.

Least interesting is probably Morton. I can't ever remember checking the scores on a Saturday and see they've won a game but somehow they just hang about the Championship never getting into the playoffs or getting relegated. 

Most interesting - probably Hearts. They've have had their mad Vlad era, financial issues, various relegations, loads of cup finals (both wins and losses), and then loads of funny stuff like being relegated in the Covid season and trying to get it overturned through the courts, forgetting to order seats for the stadium etc.

Honourable mention to Dundee for being fairly interesting, but that's mainly because they seem to lurch from one disaster to the next, which makes this season very weird because they seem wholly competent. 

My own club could probably be accused of being a bit boring having not won anything for over 30 years and playing in the same division for almost 40. However, I think we have a few redeeming qualities; our mismatched/unfinished stadium, we've been saved from relegation twice (once due to league reconstruction and once due to Falkirk's stadium), we were the first top flight fan owned club in the UK, we've qualified for various European competitions (including the Champions League) and then been beaten by various diddies in the qualifiers (Llanelli, Sligo, Stjarnan, Flumartari), we had the last non-OF winner of the PFA Player of the Year award who then got arrested on the night of the ceremony, and we've been involved in some of the most memorable matches in Scottish Football in the last 20 years (imo) - 6-6 vs Hibs, 2-1 vs Celtic to gift Rangers the title in 2005, and the 6-1 Playoff win and ensuing brawl vs Rangers. 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Least interesting is probably Morton. I can't ever remember checking the scores on a Saturday and see they've won a game but somehow they just hang about the Championship never getting into the playoffs or getting relegated. 

Most interesting - probably Hearts. They've have had their mad Vlad era, financial issues, various relegations, loads of cup finals (both wins and losses), and then loads of funny stuff like being relegated in the Covid season and trying to get it overturned through the courts, forgetting to order seats for the stadium etc.

Honourable mention to Dundee for being fairly interesting, but that's mainly because they seem to lurch from one disaster to the next, which makes this season very weird because they seem wholly competent. 

My own club could probably be accused of being a bit boring having not won anything for over 30 years and playing in the same division for almost 40. However, I think we have a few redeeming qualities; our mismatched/unfinished stadium, we've been saved from relegation twice (once due to league reconstruction and once due to Falkirk's stadium), we were the first top flight fan owned club in the UK, we've qualified for various European competitions (including the Champions League) and then been beaten by various diddies in the qualifiers (Llanelli, Sligo, Stjarnan, Flumartari), we had the last non-OF winner of the PFA Player of the Year award who then got arrested on the night of the ceremony, and we've been involved in some of the most memorable matches in Scottish Football in the last 20 years (imo) - 6-6 vs Hibs, 2-1 vs Celtic to gift Rangers the title in 2005, and the 6-1 Playoff win and ensuing brawl vs Rangers. 

Agree re: Dundee and Well being interesting. There's enough havoc there for good stories. Couldn't disagree more re: Morton. One of the most promoted/relegated teams in the whole of the UK is noteworthy enough to mark them out. Personally for boring I'd probably suggest someone like East Stirlingshire. Just kinda there. Not their fault but their most notable story was probably finishing bottom of SD3 for ages.

Edited by GorbalsMags

On 07/12/2023 at 13:12, Virtual Insanity said:

Going through all the events mentioned in the OP only makes you interesting if people are interested. Everything Livi have gone through nobody outside the club ever cared. Rangers probably do have a strong claim given their ongoing penchant for disaster, but my choice would be Hearts - good sized club, ups and downs, good location, good rivalry, great stadium, all sorts of shenanigans over the years. 

If only that were true.

On 05/12/2023 at 17:28, Jives Miguel said:

League One: Least Must be Queen of the South... The definition of beige

Excuse me.

Has you club ever ushered George Galloway and his family to main stand seats during an absolute ban on admitting spectators?

Well, has it?