Most/Least Interesting Clubs in Scotland

6 minutes ago, chopface said:

Big Meadowbank fan were you?  I am genuinely sympathetic to those that were - must be awful to lose your club. But time has moved on and you cannot blame the fans for what happened in the past.  It was far from ideal but binning Livi isn't going to make anything better.  

Quiet snigger for those of us who remember what came before Meadowbank.

8 minutes ago, wellyboot said:

Airdrieonians, Airdrie, Airdrie United, Clydebank. They stole another clubs history and changed the name several times. Boring! 

however, I do find their fans are a decent bunch!

When Tommy Robinson and Co are welcomed into the Excelsior that tells me all i need to know.

42 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

But Lossie often have a free RAF airshow during matches, and Forres Mechanics have an excellent wee ground and a silly/cool name.

I find St Johnstone very, very uninteresting, despite their cup double.  Their oversized lego stadium with the multicoloured (including yellow and red) seats annoys me too.

Lossie reeks of fish.

Forres reeks of Douglas Ross. 

10 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Most interesting club is Falkirk. Never a dull season 

Least interesting club is Stranraer. Terrible ground, sh*** town, never done anything ever

If we’re going to start having a go at clubs for being based in a shitehole then I don’t think anyone’s coming out looking good 

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Lossie reeks of fish.

Forres reeks of Douglas Ross. 

You apparently haven't been to Lossie since the late 1980s then. Nae fishing there anymore.  Buckie, on the other hand...

DRoss's stench does hang over the whole of Moray, that is undeniable.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

But Lossie often have a free RAF airshow during matches, and Forres Mechanics have an excellent wee ground and a silly/cool name.

I find St Johnstone very, very uninteresting, despite their cup double.  Their oversized lego stadium with the multicoloured (including yellow and red) seats annoys me too.

Actually the multi coloured seats are a part of football history - it was one of the first all seater stadia post-Hillsborough and the sections were colour coded to help fans get to their allocated seats as it was a new thing for them compared to terracing 

18 hours ago, DannyBlue said:

Honourable mention for Queen's Park. Besides their 19th century history, the whole amateur thing, owning Hampden etc. We now have their recent financial injections, promotions and having their home games touring the central belt for years while Lesser Hampden got the most hilariously shit renovations done.

Wish we had their heated seats though.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

I would love it if we the least interesting like we are right now, even for a couple of years. 

JS85629519(1).thumb.jpg.0c26f6e42d2852b8b61189816dbd2254.jpg

Probably try and sign Ronaldo in January.

Our Argentinian connection and playing in the country our owners are from? Clearly got to be Messi.

11 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Our Argentinian connection and playing in the country our owners are from? Clearly got to be Messi.

It will be some Argentine postman who used to deliver to Batistuta's auntie, called Larry Messy, he will be 6'4", 47 years old and cost us 6 figures.

Going through all the events mentioned in the OP only makes you interesting if people are interested. Everything Livi have gone through nobody outside the club ever cared. Rangers probably do have a strong claim given their ongoing penchant for disaster, but my choice would be Hearts - good sized club, ups and downs, good location, good rivalry, great stadium, all sorts of shenanigans over the years. 

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

You apparently haven't been to Lossie since the late 1980s then. Nae fishing there anymore.  Buckie, on the other hand...

DRoss's stench does hang over the whole of Moray, that is undeniable.

Its a well known fact that Captain Beefheart modelled their most famous album cover on the denizens of Lossie.

image.png.4972af29b5c3a573216e1ca65127e4cc.png

5 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Most interesting club is Falkirk. Never a dull season 

Least interesting club is Stranraer. Terrible ground, sh*** town, never done anything ever

Did Stranraer not once get either promoted or relegated for ten consecutive seasons? That's pretty interesting.

Least interesting must be Celtic. Annually advancing mirthlessly to a series of monotonous, empty victories.