Most/Least Interesting Clubs in Scotland

Saw a post about a non-Scot choosing a team to support with no real influence and wondered who would be best/worst.  Obviously many would be glory hunters but you could lose interest eventually.  What if you just wanted to support a box-office team and be in it for the entire rollercoaster?  Once you combine major honours, European trips, relegations, mental signings, mental managerial appointments, administrations (but not liquidations), cup upsets (good and bad) and just the ability to keep doing things you're not expecting even when you're expecting something, which clubs come out on top?

Equally, which have been dullest?

Strong case for Dundee being one of the most interesting.  The fact that the rest of the Premiership is in total dismay that we are relatively competent this year is evidence enough.

Least interesting, Stenhousemuir?  Forfar?

Least interesting is probably one of the Angus clubs. Albeit I'm slightly inspired by @stu2910's suggestion of Forfar. Never really done anything in cups or league, not in the early central belt heartland...

Either that or one of Stenny/Albion/East Stirlingshire.

I guess I'm basically saying areas that are over-serves by senior clubs 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Least interesting has to be Ross County.

Would have to disagree on this surely having a bit of a sugar daddy and making their way from the highland league all the up to the Top league in a relatively short space of time is quite interesting. They also like to employ utter c***s as managers like like Adams and Malky Mackay. Plus they have the Mallard.

I really like this question.  I did "glory hunt" a bit watching two sides who got promoted, last season, while on holiday.   Stirling Albion at Forthbank and Dundee at Ochilview.  Dundee are looking pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

I really like this question.  I did "glory hunt" a bit watching two sides who got promoted, last season, while on holiday.   Stirling Albion at Forthbank and Dundee at Ochilview.  Dundee are looking pretty good.

Don't get used to it, we will probably qualify for the Conference League, lose in Northern ireland, get relegated, then win the playoff final against Dundee Utd to relegate them again before resuming our usual place at the bottom of the Premiership.  It's the Dundee way.

All by about 2027

Edited by stu2910

If you’re extending it beyond the SPFL, there’s probably a couple of the former junior clubs who would be quite interesting. Someone like Auchinleck who’ve come into the pyramid and have the process of finding their ‘natural’ level to look forward to, and a history of winning loads of titles at junior level ti look back on.

Were it not for an abysmal ground in an industrial estate, I’d have said Cove maybe. Come into the SPFL from the highland league, flown through the divisions, then been relegated and inexplicably gone full time without anywhere near the support base to sustain it. Their journey to something vaguely sustainable would be interesting to see, if nothing else.

Other than the OF (it must be fucking dull constantly playing teams with a fraction of your budget and hammering them) Elgin seem a good shout for most boring. 20 years fannying about the bottom tier and never really achieving anything of note. Stenny obviously have never won a title, but do seem to go up and down the bottom two divisions a wee bit.

Again, outside the SPFL then maybe Vale of Leithen? Plummeting down the leagues being battered every season before drifting around the bottom of the EOSFL for eternity? Not for me. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Get a grip folks. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, interesting about the entity that is Livingston FC. With any luck, this season is the one that gets them to fcuk from the top flight.

Fuckin hope so,the PremVarShip is an utter tragedy,ruled by 2 clubs who run it like a cabal !!

It’s definitely Elgin for least interesting. Just an absolute nothing club from the biggest *** shitehole north of Larkhall. 

Literally tens of people will care when they slither back to the Highland League where they belong. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Would have to disagree on this surely having a bit of a sugar daddy and making their way from the highland league all the up to the Top league in a relatively short space of time is quite interesting. They also like to employ utter c***s as managers like like Adams and Malky Mackay. Plus they have the Mallard.

Yes, being a County fan has been rarely dull and since the club entered the league it has been way more ups than downs.

Even someone like Livi, they have been in and out of financial dire straits more times than most teams with a century's more history. 

I dunno who the dullest current Premiership club is but my gut leans St Johnstone and Killie. And even then there's been plenty of ups and downs.

Hard to beat the Elgin shouts though. Exceptional in how unremarkable They are 

Most interesting is Ross County, never been yet but I'd love to dance in the streets in the county of Ross.

Least interesting is Ayr Utd. Had a soft spot for them and would be great if they were up in the top league so we'd have derby games v Killie. They are just not interested though and they just can't be bothered trying. Zzzzz.