Saint Mirren v Queen of the South

Bluenortherner

FT 1-0

Job done. Bit of quality was the delivery from the corner from Greg Kiltie, bullet header from Gogic and that’ll do it. 
Had other chances, smacked the bar and the keeper made a good save low down from Kiltie but 1-0 is okay. 
The kind of game that when we lift the cup in May no one will remember. 

That’s 180 minutes of “away” football where we haven’t had a shot on target. Bonnyrigg showing us today that Falkirk aren’t any great shakes. We set up as if they were Man City.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do I need to go to comment? 

"Played well" with 2 shots. Christ. 

Why start now. Half the folk on this never go but always have something to say. No shame in getting beat by a team 2 floors above who are doing well. Maybe its the constant negative energy thats draining the club.

6 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That’s 180 minutes of “away” football where we haven’t had a shot on target. Bonnyrigg showing us today that Falkirk aren’t any great shakes. We set up as if they were Man City.

And what? You forgot we beat Partick and Dundee Utd? Every team can cause an upset.

* and Queens park away.

Edited by Queens1919

6 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

Why start now. Half the folk on this never go but always have something to say. No shame in getting beat by a team 2 floors above who are doing well. Maybe its the constant negative energy thats draining the club.

And I'm sure "half the folk on this" also work shifts and have other commitments so maybe can't attend every game. I rarely comment on games I don't attend but I don't need to be in attendance to say that 0 shots on target at both Falkirk and St Mirren is absolutely woeful. Both sides are doing well but that is still a pathetic stat. 

Spare me the negative energy nonsense as well. You're literally having a go at me for me for criticising how negative our manager is! Pick a lane. 

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do I need to go to comment? 

"Played well" with 2 shots. Christ. 

Probably as I thought we were tight at the back and tried to go forward when we could. What do you expect for gods sake playing a premier league team on their own patch. They tried very hard. It’s rotten we lost but a tight game. 

15 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

Agree with that. You can of course have a point of view as that’s what these boards are for but I think it’s only sensible to comment on the details of a game if you actually watched it. Good support of 485 today and made a lot of noise from first until last. 

2 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Probably as I thought we were tight at the back and tried to go forward when we could. What do you expect for gods sake playing a premier league team on their own patch. They tried very hard. It’s rotten we lost but a tight game. 

I expected us to get beat as we're terrible. But I did think we'd at least test the opposition goalkeeper. It was St Mirren, not Celtic. If expecting us to have a shot on target is too much then why bother. 

Just now, HighlandQueen said:

Agree with that. You can of course have a point of view as that’s what these boards are for but I think it’s only sensible to comment on the details of a game if you actually watched it.

Absolute nonsense. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I expected us to get beat as we're terrible. But I did think we'd at least test the opposition goalkeeper. It was St Mirren, not Celtic. If expecting us to have a shot on target is too much then why bother. 

Absolute nonsense. 

Not everyone can afford to go to every game as well...it doesn't make anyone less of a supporter. We had a go at Ibrox last season...shots on target too and a great goal by Connelly. Of course that was under Wullie 

It was a weird game, probably about as easy as a 1-0 can get, but because the goal was late, it was more nervy than it needed to be. In the end though, we scored, should have scored more, and were never really threatened at the other end. Job done is really all you can say.