The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

23 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

My team is picked, will hold off on sending it in yet just in case any of the selfish b*****ds decide to die in the next fortnight.

Looking forward to coming in dead last on my first attempt!

I think you can send in a list with a substitute in case one of the starting XV croaks. 

9 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'm not picking any subs unless I need to. Knowing my luck, my starting XV will all survive the year and the subs will all croak it 🤣

Wrong approach. Last year a number of people submitted without subs only to have Pele kickoff early and they had to scramble to name a sub…naming people to next years team is always an excellent way to have them drop dead early, so simply pick people from your current team and cross your fingers!

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

With all the sanctions you wonder why they let a Russian onto the Starship Enterprise.

Classic line "Nuclear Wessels"

Fun fact - the people in that scene were not actors or extras. Koenig and Nichelle Nichols literally stood on a street corner asking passers by where the Nuclear Wessels were. 

The director thought that having folk genuinely looking like uncomfortable and trying to get away from the crazy people would improve the scene. 

21 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Advice taken and subs named. Will muse over the list over the weekend and submit next week. 

No rush mate, you've got a couple of weeks of research yet. Its a great excuse to avoid the family over the festive season.

20 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

No rush mate, you've got a couple of weeks of research yet. Its a great excuse to avoid the family over the festive season.

How does that work? "Sorry, I can't pull that cracker with Uncle Derek, I'm researching which of Linda Nolan or Shannen Docherty has the more malignant cancer?"

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

How does that work? "Sorry, I can't pull that cracker with Uncle Derek, I'm researching which of Linda Nolan or Shannen Docherty has the more malignant cancer?"

<<<<<<<<<<Not submitting list until he sees AimHere's obviously well researched entries