The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

You sick, twisted, magnificent b*****d!

Edit: After careful examination of Aim Here's spreadsheet, my 2024 Deadpool team has already been submitted. Using an advanced algorithm, harnessing the amassed knowledge of the 2023 Deadpool selector community, I have nominated my "Most popular 2023 picks that didn't snuff it team" for 2024!

I like you chief, but copying someone else’s homework is not - in my eyes - fair game. Sorry. Originality usually wins. 

34 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I like you chief, but copying someone else’s homework is not - in my eyes - fair game. Sorry. Originality usually wins. 

That's not so true in Deadpool. It seems that going for solo shots would tend to be a sub-optimal strategy, because the points you get from solo shots and deadly duos aren't enough to counterbalance the 'wisdom of crowds' effect of most people being better at guessing hits than you.

On average anyways. There are always statistical outliers and, in the current pool, someone who picked 2023's most popular picks would, as at the time of writing, only be 23rd. Someone who picked 2022's most popular survivors would be sharing 64th.

TxRover's strategy is probably only going to guarantee him a mid table position.

Edited by Aim Here

43 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

11 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

That's not so true in Deadpool. It seems that going for solo shots would tend to be a sub-optimal strategy, because the points you get from solo shots and deadly duos aren't enough to counterbalance the 'wisdom of crowds' effect of most people being better at guessing hits than you.

On average anyways. There are always statistical outliers and, in the current pool, someone who picked 2023's most popular picks would, as at the time of writing, only be 23rd. Someone who picked 2022's most popular survivors would be sharing 64th.

TxRover's strategy is probably only going to guarantee him a mid table position.

This year I’m in 38th of 129 right now…and that was careful curating and trying to pick some original people. I will almost certainly fall out of the top 30% unless Jimmy “Zombie” Carter snuffs it soon, so I decided to try something else different. It’s not cheating, as alta-pete calls it because I didn’t make any subs…despite a couple of people I would prefer not to list over alternates further down. I’m simply allowing the fates to treat me as their plaything this year.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My annual agonising over putting Shatner in or not. 

On one hand he's 92 years old. On the other he looks like he could still fist fight a Gorn. 

Read as “fist a Gorn” and wondered what weird stash of stuff you’d gotten into.