Forfar vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought he was pretty solid. He made a terrific first-half save and his handling generally was pretty secure. Albeit Forfar didn't threaten all that much. He didn't ever look in any danger.

He's very sharp off his line, which I liked too. The only thing that went against him was his kicking, which was pretty howling. He took a lot of backpasses first time and just fired them right into the air.

Today will do him the world of good imo. I spoke to him afterwards and he said he was nervous, but three points, a pretty assured display and the fans singing his name at full time should put him in a good place.

Wasn’t there today but I have always thought Broun was pretty solid considering his age and lack of experience. Glad he had a decent game, it’s a shame long is out but I don’t think broun is far from him

3 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

it’s a shame long is out but I don’t think broun is far from him

I am very pleased he had a good game today and hope he can cement his position with Long’s unfortunate injury, but given he’s only played 3 league games for us over the last couple of seasons I have no I idea how you could come to the conclusion that the lad is even remotely close to the ability of Brett Long. I’ll make that judgement after a proper run of league games. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I am very pleased he had a good game today and hope he can cement his position with Long’s unfortunate injury, but given he’s only played 3 league games for us over the last couple of seasons I have no I idea how you could come to the conclusion that the lad is even remotely close to the ability of Brett Long. I’ll make that judgement after a proper run of league games. 

I agree, and it's not really a fair comparison.  Harry Broun will be much the better for today's game; an away win on a ground where we've struggled in recent years, and facing opponents who many had tipped to lift the title, although none of them live outwith Forfarshire.

OK he lost two goals, one of which was a penalty, but after last week's disappointment and Brett breaking his ankle, this was a test for the team, one which we passed.  Harry played his part and he's off to a decent start.

43 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought he was pretty solid. He made a terrific first-half save and his handling generally was pretty secure. Albeit Forfar didn't threaten all that much. He didn't ever look in any danger.

He's very sharp off his line, which I liked too. The only thing that went against him was his kicking, which was pretty howling. He took a lot of backpasses first time and just fired them right into the air.

Today will do him the world of good imo. I spoke to him afterwards and he said he was nervous, but three points, a pretty assured display and the fans singing his name at full time should put him in a good place.

That first half save was an absolute belter to be fair 

4 hours ago, nofixedability said:

As clear a penalty and red card as I have ever seen .

The one you got, or the one we didnt get?

Actually forgot your man Robert wrestling one of our guys out the road at a corner, so two that we didnt get?

Edited by sonsanorak

I'm extremely excited to see Finlay Gray's goal again. I was on the big terrace behind the goal and it looked genuinely world class.

The build-up to Matty Shiels' goal was lovely stuff too. A terrific pass from Jinky Hilton, great run by Kalvin Orsi (making his 100th appearance for us) and great composure to pick out Shiels to knock home.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Yeah exactly mate let's not forget that incredible save was a certain goal

Just needed to take wind into account when kicking only negative.

Zero issues with Harry in goal for rest of season 

Great win in the circumstances but our squad is getting towards the threadbare situation.Hopefully Durnan and ryan wallace back next week and also hope Carlo is not a bad injury.Even so we look every bit a play off team this season.Im guessing 3rd place will be out goal as we are incapable of winning crunch matches.

We need to keep winning for now before stenny make the leap into hyperspace and win the league by the end of January.The SC looks like being our interest for the rest of the season before the inevitable car crash in the playoffs.Oh well theres always next year.....

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm extremely excited to see Finlay Gray's goal again. I was on the big terrace behind the goal and it looked genuinely world class.

The build-up to Matty Shiels' goal was lovely stuff too. A terrific pass from Jinky Hilton, great run by Kalvin Orsi (making his 100th appearance for us) and great composure to pick out Shiels to knock home.

Not sure if he is talking about one of the others but sounds like Ray reckons it was deflected rather than a brilliant strike?

I assume Forfar will have highlights. Are they quite sharp getting them up usually?

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

Not sure if he is talking about one of the others but sounds like Ray reckons it was deflected rather than a brilliant strike?

I assume Forfar will have highlights. Are they quite sharp getting them up usually?

Rayman speak with fork tongue,

Any snake references are purely coincidental.

6 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

I think he was talking about Hilton's opener. That definitely was deflected. The other Dumbarton goals were a mixture of lovely shots and woeful Forfar defending 

Forfar usually have highlights up around lunchtime.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

I think he was talking about Hilton's opener. That definitely was deflected. The other Dumbarton goals were a mixture of lovely shots and woeful Forfar defending 

Forfar usually have highlights up around lunchtime.

Ahh, he was chatting about the goals either side of half time before he mentioned the deflection, I thought maybe he meant that. Plus, I was running on empty after just getting home from my gig 😂

I look forward to seeing it then!

Imo the referee gets both Forfar penalty decisions spot on. The first one is a stonewaller and clumsy from Aron in a position where there's no danger at all. For the second, Skelly initiates the contact by taking a step back into Crighton. I'd be screaming for it at the other end, but I think the underlying feeling would be wondering why he didn't just stick the ball in the net. He was playing well and already had a goal to his name, but he chooses to try and win the penalty when he could've stayed on his feet and scored.

Really fair highlights though that paint a pretty accurate picture of the game for anyone who wasn't there. My biggest question is why Finn Robson wears boots made of concrete. Because that's surely the only reason for moving as slowly as he did for Matty Shiels' goal? Really poor stuff. If I was Marc McCallum I'd have had to resist the urge to throttle him like Homer Simpson does with Bart for that.

Close call between Seb Ross and Finlay for Goal of the Game.  The defending for both is absolutely woeful, but they were finished absolutely superbly. Ross seems to love a goal against us.

Edited by Jan Vojáček