Forfar vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lynas not covering himself in glory for either Forfar goal but bailed out by some excellent goals from his team mates. Shiels goal is a great move, Finlays is a great hit but it's hilarious that Forfar have left him free there. Not like he's even sitting deep and moves up to receive it late, he's just standing there 20 yards out with no one near him.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

My biggest question is why Finn Robson wears boots made of concrete. Because that's surely the only reason for moving as slowly as he did for Matty Shiels' goal? Really poor stuff. If I was Marc McCallum I'd have had to resist the urge to throttle him like Homer Simpson does with Bart for that.

Does not cover himself in glory with both first and third goals, how he is starting ahead of Whatley I have no idea.

29 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Awful defending from us in the build up to their first. Good goal from Ross for their second. Surely a pen for us at 2-2 (on the line is in the box). Not that it mattered, with Finlay’s goal that surpassed Ross’s.

I was bang in line with the 18 yard line and the challenge was definitely outside the box (even though I still claimed for a penalty). 

Edited by Grumpysonoftherock

18 minutes ago, Grumpysonoftherock said:

I was bang in line with the 18 yard line and the challenge was definitely outside the box (even though I still claimed for a penalty). 

Will take your word for it, but it looks like where the Forfar player’s boot makes contact is on the line, to me. He’s also basically given the free kick on the line, which is very odd. Ref’s always give those ones as freekicks if it’s tight, though. Not that it mattered, anyway!

Edited by FifeSons

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lynas not covering himself in glory for either Forfar goal but bailed out by some excellent goals from his team mates. Shiels goal is a great move, Finlays is a great hit but it's hilarious that Forfar have left him free there. Not like he's even sitting deep and moves up to receive it late, he's just standing there 20 yards out with no one near him.

Was coming on to say this. The sooner we get Durnan back in, the better. Lynas is fine as cover but he's cost us 2 goals yesterday that I don't believe we would lose if our captain is in the team instead. I thought the same at Finlay's goal too. Why are they letting him roam on the edge of the box?

I think the ref gets the penalty claim right. The Forfar lad plays for it 100%. There's no need, but he leans back looking for it rather than just hitting the shot. He has plenty of time to just hit it and he plays for a pen instead. Maybe shows a lack of confidence in the player but I thought the ref got it spot on. 

42 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Why Skelly doesn't just bury it instead of looking to be fouled is beyond me.

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

. He has plenty of time to just hit it and he plays for a pen instead. Maybe shows a lack of confidence in the player but I thought the ref got it spot on. 

Maybe he was playing for penalty + red card?

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lynas not covering himself in glory for either Forfar goal but bailed out by some excellent goals from his team mates.

Really need Durnan back in there. Durnan, Long, R.Wallace and Carlo are huge misses.

At least Farrell’s actually come to his senses and started playing Gray.

On the referee decisions. I think the penalty shout for Forfar is a probably a penalty AND a red card. No doubt he’s looking for it but you are entitled to shield the ball and Crighton ends up barging through the back of him whilst making no effort to play the ball. Unlucky Forfar.

The pen against Lynas is soft, especially as he appears to be fouled first. I think the free kick for our third goal is probably just on the line and therefore a penalty. 

Some great goals in there and good attacking play all round. I maintain that Michael Ruth is probably my favourite Dumbarton player since Dom Thomas. Defensively we really need Durnan back as Lynas looks shakey - no doubt about it. I think Broun is a decent keeper but probably lacks the presence that Long has. We’ll have to accept being slightly vulnerable defensively in his absence.

It feel harsh that we’re 8 point off the top because we have been pretty consistent and performance wise are miles bettter than last season. Credit must go to Stenny though (and Peterhead)! Great team and it will be an uphill task to catch them unless they get a few injuries. I doubt whether they could have coped with missing comparatively who we had out yesterday so hopefully they have that to deal with at some point.

All we can do is keep putting points on the board and the target for the next two weeks must be 6 points (regardless of our poor record at Stranraer)

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If it's a free kick, it's a penalty. Offences aren't graded (unless at an OF home ground.)

Nonsense if you believe that. Frequently a free kick is given against an attacking team from a corner. the same foul is rarely given against a defender.

5 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

On the referee decisions. I think the penalty shout for Forfar is a probably a penalty AND a red card. No doubt he’s looking for it but you are entitled to shield the ball and Crighton ends up barging through the back of him whilst making no effort to play the ball. Unlucky Forfar.

The pen against Lynas is soft, especially as he appears to be fouled first. I think the free kick for our third goal is probably just on the line and therefore a penalty. 

It's mental how different people see things (even from the same side). I thought the ref got both spot on. The first was a stonewaller, you can't kick through the back of someone. Very clumsy. The second would have been very harsh. Football is a contact sport and players come together all over the park. The Forfar lad just stops in an attempt to win a foul when he should just hit the shot. He had plenty of time to do so and I hate players who would rather play for a penalty and red card than get a shot away in those situations. We've had a few over my life supporting Dumbarton and I'm never a fan of that, even in our team.

I thought the foul was outside the box and the player clearly landed inside. But again, I thought it was the correct decision.

Fair play to big Tony Wallace, he’s been fair chipping in with goals this season. He can’t be far off double figures already - unless I’m mistaken that was his 9th across all competitions? Not bad considering he spent a fair whack of games on the bench at the start of the season.