Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 23rd December 🎅🏻

46 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

That’s more than a shade harsh.

However McIntyre isn’t the answer for anyone in the Leagues. Arbroath to my mind are a progressive club in many ways and I genuinely hope they stay up. There would have been way better candidates but i imagine they thought he was a safe pair of hands. 

It won’t be long till he is found out again. 

You’re just as bad as the Dundee fans. Funny how people hold grudges and personal biases they don’t let go. You ever consider that it’s just your opinion, if the guy had been terrible everywhere he’d been you’d maybe have a point but he’s clearly had a decent managerial career. 

McIntyre had us playing like an Arbroath team I’ve no seen for about 20 month today and with a squad that is down to the absolute bare bones 

We played positive fast attacking football with plenty of midfield runners, at 1-0 we even made an attacking sub to try and win the game. We kept the ball for long spells and always looked to play. Effort and commitment from the players has been immense. A breath of fresh air in comparison to most of this and all of last season. 

The club needed freshened up - can you not just let other people have a bit of positivity about their football club without continuously posting negativity because of your petty grudge. We’ve already heard your opinion on this several times and nobody cares now

Edited by 1320Lichtie

6 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Is 4 points out of 12 tho really going to be enough? I doubt it 

Of the 4 games, I'd say we deserved points in 3 of them, and we actually got points in two of them.   Considering the injuries we have, and our absolutely tiny squad, I'm far more confident than I was 4 games ago.  The fundamentals of our club were right.  As the manager said post match, we have good facilities, the players are looked after well, and we also have a squad containing some very good players. 

One way to look at it is to say that we are only 6 points away from the playoffs.  Its not like we're adrift at the bottom of the league!

edited to add, I agree with 1320lichtie above, the club needed freshened up, and McIntyre has made an immediate impact.  

Edited by ExiledLichtie

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’re just as bad as the Dundee fans. Funny how people hold grudges and personal biases they don’t let go. You ever consider that it’s just your opinion, if the guy had been terrible everywhere he’d been you’d maybe have a point but he’s clearly had a decent managerial career. 

McIntyre had us playing like an Arbroath team I’ve no seen for about 20 month today and with a squad that is down to the absolute bare bones 

We played positive fast attacking football with plenty of midfield runners, at 1-0 we even made an attacking sub to try and win the game. We kept the ball for long spells and always looked to play. Effort and commitment from the players has been immense. A breath of fresh air in comparison to most of this and all of last season. 

The club needed freshened up - can you not just let other people have a bit of positivity about their football club without continuously posting negativity because of your petty grudge. We’ve already heard your opinion on this several times and nobody cares now

But forums are about opinions aren’t they? Good or bad that’s what they are all about. 

Perhaps you are right, but the inner workings of McIntyres time at Cove and his utter ineptitude still rankles with the majority of our support. It was off field and not on field. 

You won’t believe me but as Carnoustie resident I genuinely hope he doesn’t take you down. 

1 hour ago, Hayshead2 said:

On a positive note. Up until the moment of madness, thread bare Arbroath played the big super dooper full time Dunfermline off the park. 

We were missing three certain starters and then lost a further two during the match.

We may be full-time but we are not good enough to be turning our nose up at any point on the road, deserved or not.

Our away record of 12 points from 8 games would be acceptable to almost everybody else in the division. We certainly need to improve our  performances though.

15 hours ago, DAFC. said:

How the hell is that not two reds!? 

It wasn't even one red.

It was two yellows, it's just that Bird had been booked earlier. He was a handful for the Rovers defence earlier this month, so I'm not going to pretend that I'm gutted he won't be playing at Stark's Park next Saturday.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

It wasn't even one red.

It was two yellows, it's just that Bird had been booked earlier. He was a handful for the Rovers defence earlier this month, so I'm not going to pretend that I'm gutted he won't be playing at Stark's Park next Saturday.

If it had been a player from each team, it would have been two yellows, the shock factor of it being two players from the same team, has, in my opinion, elevated it

Gutted to lose that late goal by Wighton but we lost the plot after Bird was sent off.

First half we played some football the likes of which hasn't been seen at Gayfield since Sheerin's days and it was great to watch. We fully deserved to go in at leading half time.  We started the second half well but after the sending off we didn't cope very well. I heard someone say that it was if we were 2 or 3 men down, not just 1. Fair play to Dunfermline they took advantage and got the equaliser.

What can you say about the fighting between Hylton and Bird other than it was totally unnecessary and stupid and probably cost us all 3 points.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

Should’ve won that yesterday no doubt. The points return from Morton, Raith and Dunfermline didn’t merit our performances but feel it’s been an opportunity lost. I didn’t agree with all the doom and gloom a few weeks ago, we had some injury issues but we’re a match for anyone in the league with close to our full team out. I thought Dunfermline were very poor, it’s going to be one almighty battle for that 4th play off spot and avoiding the bottom 2 positions. 

21 minutes ago, ecto said:

If it had been a player from each team, it would have been two yellows, the shock factor of it being two players from the same team, has, in my opinion, elevated it

After seeing it back I fully agree - it wasn’t that bad (still should never ever ever happen) - they should’ve included it within the highlights 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Good first half, vastly better than the 2nd half at EEP. Bird did more against Chris Hamilton in the first 5 mins than he did through there in the whole match. When Hamilton went off hurt (harsh booking, imo) Bird had Otoo tied in knots all game.

Things waned in the 2nd half, Dunfermline missed some great chances and Bird came close a couple of times before the moment of madness.

We actually managed ok with 10 but then gave away such a cheap goal and ended up being grateful for a point.

2 points dropped and a first big test of man management for McIntyre.

One big plus was the performance of Jess Norey. We've never really replaced Chris Hamilton but he was very good yesterday. Won a few tackles/interceptions, covered a lot of ground and moved the ball well.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Absolutely absurd that they just skipped over the entire thing.  I make fun of other clubs when they produce biased rose tinted footage, and its a shame that we are going with the attitude of "nothing to see here".

It’s seems odd not showing it, considering we showed the straight red for ICT player in the challenge cup, but only showed the first bookings on both sending offs in the Airdrie game

1 minute ago, Lichtielegend said:

Good first half, vastly better than the 2nd half at EEP. Bird did more against Chris Hamilton in the first 5 mins than he did through there in the whole match. When Hamilton went off hurt (harsh booking, imo) Bird had Otoo tied in knots all game.

Things waned in the 2nd half, Dunfermline missed some great chances and Bird came close a couple of times before the moment of madness.

We actually managed ok with 10 but then gave away such a cheap goal and ended up being grateful for a point.

2 points dropped and a first big test of man management for McIntyre.

One big plus was the performance of Jess Norey. We've never really replaced Chris Hamilton but he was very good yesterday. Won a few tackles/interceptions, covered a lot of ground and moved the ball well.

Norey should be one of the first names on the team sheet just now. Technically very good, reliable and can play a few positions. I’m sure he’s been the most pleasant surprise for the new management team 

We've got the incident up on our highlights, should have been a red for Hylton, with the yellow for Bird being deserved. 

For all the talk on this thread about how poor we were, and how great Arbroath were we had more than enough chances to merit the draw tbh. The one that hit the post before Comrie blazed over is a howler. 

Edited by HoBNob

46 minutes ago, ecto said:

That's the only thing that saves Hylton from a red, if that was an opposition player instigating that he'd be off.