Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 23rd December 🎅🏻

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Lucky it wasn’t two reds to be honest. A very embarrassing moment for both - hopefully kissed and made up now. Hylton can get very angry and is very competitive, see him hitting the ground all the time after he thinks he should’ve done better etc. Just a heads gone - been brilliant for us so sad to see that. 

Never seen that before ever - aside from the Bowyer / Dyer situation which seems to be the only one of note from the last 20 year.

I’ve seen it a few times but never from attackers when winning, usually defenders when you’re losing heavily. Bizarre!

Jesus Christ Dundee supporters still obsessed with Jim McIntyre. They really are beyond weird

Edit   Just noticed their mickey mouse pitch waterlogged again after a wee a bit of rain. Plenty time for them to seethe over McIntyre today then

Edited by keptie

Arbroath were in total control until the red card. Thought they passed and attacked with good pace and we just stayed in it at 1-0. Didn't match Arbroath's physicality at all, Otoo is usually reliable as the left sided defender so I have no idea why McPake decided he was a better option being central in the back 3 over Breen?

One of our worst performances of the season but have taken a point away from home, so have to take it and move on. Need to sign one if not two defenders in January given injuries just continue to pile up.

Merry Christmas to Bird and Hylton who let us back into the game for a point. A Christmas present if I ever did see one. 

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Only one from our side would be Bullen and Crawford after FT when we won the semi final replay in 2004. 

Crawford going ape shit at Bully, being held back etc. 

Was that ever explained?

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

They’ve both been great this season. In the spirit of Christmas I’m prepared to cut them some slack.

At the end of the day they definitely deserve criticism for it it was outrageous and infuriating but on the presumption Hylton is moving on Bird is going to be and has been one of our best players who absolutely knocks his pan in for the team.

It was a mistake (and to be honest he should never have had that first yellow) and it is for the changing room to sort out. 

So many positives to focus on today instead 

1 hour ago, ecto said:

He would be correct

would like to think, you would have the same opinion if it was two of you’re players 

Are you really of the opinion that violent conduct isn’t a sending off, if it’s between teammates? Then going even further by suggesting anyone who thinks both players should be sent off is biased because it wasn’t their players?

If two of our players were fighting each other, as those 2 were, I would 100% expect 2 red cards and my only criticisms would be towards the players involved. Simple as that. It’s clear as day that violent conduct is violent conduct, even when against a teammate.

Here’s a link to the most famous example, of a very similar incident. Just for anyone who’s going to comment, despite not having a basic understanding of the laws of the game:

Edited by CallumPar

2 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

That sending off cost us 3 points fucking shambles.

Nah, it cost you two though.

2 hours ago, ecto said:

would like to think, you would have the same opinion if it was two of you’re players 

It’s not an opinion tbf - two players fighting should be red cards for both.

Shocking performance from us. Arbroath chucked away two points by having two lads brawl, resulting a red which resulted in them sitting back further than they should have (even then they had a period of play they should have scored from).

I said to my mates that I had no idea what out tactics were today, what our attacking intent was. 

Also said that we're such a soft touch of a team. When we tried to go past Arbroath players they'd harass, shove and pull shirts, yet we rarely did the same.

3 hours ago, keptie said:

Jesus Christ Dundee supporters still obsessed with Jim McIntyre. They really are beyond weird

Edit   Just noticed their mickey mouse pitch waterlogged again after a wee a bit of rain. Plenty time for them to seethe over McIntyre today then

:lol:

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Also said that we're such a soft touch of a team. When we tried to go past Arbroath players they'd harass, shove and pull shirts, yet we rarely did the same.

Very rare thing to say under mcpake but we were the less hungry side today, that’s not to say we didn’t work hard, didn’t care or other such nonsense fans say after a poor result, just that the did it better,  too many 50/50 tackles for example even when we got to the ball first we were losing out as they just went in that bit harder.