Derek Adams interview

17 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

I think Morecambe & their fans don't have the slightest interest in how they would fare in Scottish football anymore than they'd be interested in how they'd fare in Puerto Rican football . And they certainly wouldn't pay attention to the semi-literate ravings of the idiot McFadden who I doubt many would have heard of in any case.

It’s really good in that sense, because nobody gives one single f**k about Morecambe, the league they’re in or the league they’re above or below. 

quite frankly…get to f**k

On 20/12/2023 at 18:41, Ludo*1 said:

Stockport County, currently cutting up League 2 having won their last game 8-0 must be absolute levels above all of us if shite like Morecambe are 100x better. I went and checked their squad and they have:

Kyle Knoyle

Jayden Richardson

Isaac Olaofe

Miles Hippolyte

In their squad currently. Absolute utter shite that a squad that contains the likes of that are better than those in Scotland. They absolutely can spend much more than most Scottish clubs but the thing that gets lost in the English leagues is that they spend that money on heaps of utter shite.

I genuinely believe Dundee would be able to give most League 1 sides a game and a top performing Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would be able to give the lower Championship sides a game. 

Too many buy into the English led narrative that their Leagues are the only show in town.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. A brief look through the Dundee squad and there are players on loan from Forrest Green and Wimbledon respectively. I'd guess Dundee would finish about halfway in League 2. Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would be halfway in League 1. The standard in the Championship is far higher than the Scottish Premiership barring the old firm.

2 hours ago, Pilgrim Ranger said:

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. A brief look through the Dundee squad and there are players on loan from Forrest Green and Wimbledon respectively. I'd guess Dundee would finish about halfway in League 2. Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would be halfway in League 1. The standard in the Championship is far higher than the Scottish Premiership barring the old firm.

And how are those 2 guys doing b.t.w.?

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

And how are those 2 guys doing b.t.w.?

Its another thing that only works one way with these weirdos.

Zero mention of the fact we have loanees from Burnley and Newcastle unable to get into our line up. The Burnley loanee is, in terms of technical ability, arguably the worst in our squad too.

We'd finish mid-table in the EPL based on this evidence IMO.

8 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

It’s really good in that sense, because nobody gives one single f**k about Morecambe, the league they’re in or the league they’re above or below. 

quite frankly…get to f**k

Quite frankly learn some manners you foul mouthed half-wit ......it's Christmas after all, especially in Morecambe !!!

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its another thing that only works one way with these weirdos.

Zero mention of the fact we have loanees from Burnley and Newcastle unable to get into our line up. The Burnley loanee is, in terms of technical ability, arguably the worst in our squad too.

We'd finish mid-table in the EPL based on this evidence IMO.

We've got a Liverpool loanee on the bench who's not got a game in the league. 

I think thay makes us EPL winners and Champions league finalists

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We've got a Liverpool loanee on the bench who's not got a game in the league. 

I think thay makes us EPL winners and Champions league finalists

We had Claudia Caniggia on our bench - we're obviously World Cup winners! 

20 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

How can you say something is poor without comparing it to anything? You must have a standard to judge against.

Competitiveness, fair and equitable balance of finances, referring decisions and media arse licking between all clubs. Exciting, close and unpredictable matches. I know what  these things are without knowing or caring what goes on on other country's leagues because I have seen them in Scotland in my lifetime. And I know that these things are now  almost totally missing in Scotland's top flight. That's all I'm saying. Saying 'but look at Greece or Austria or whatever' is just the kind of 'whataboutary' that our beloved Old Firm indulge in

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

If the Morecambe BoD are regular readers of P&B then they should set up a friendly between them and a mid-table Scottish Premiership team to settle the argument once and for all.  Wait a minute...

Is a friendly match going to settle an argument about competitive football?

Just now, 2426255 said:

Is a friendly match going to settle an argument about competitive football?

No, I was just pointing out (subtly) that Dundee beat Morecambe earlier in the summer 4-2 at their place.  It may not be much but it's all we've got by way of a direct comparison.  

It wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously.  A bit like Adams' comments.

24 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Competitiveness, fair and equitable balance of finances, referring decisions and media arse licking between all clubs. Exciting, close and unpredictable matches. I know what  these things are without knowing or caring what goes on on other country's leagues because I have seen them in Scotland in my lifetime. And I know that these things are now  almost totally missing in Scotland's top flight. That's all I'm saying. Saying 'but look at Greece or Austria or whatever' is just the kind of 'whataboutary' that our beloved Old Firm indulge in

You seem very pessimistic. 

Look for the positive and acheive some balance. You'll be a happier person. 

There are plenty entertaining matches in Scottish football. There are plenty characters and stories on and off the pitch. The general vibe from the terraces from the vast majority of clubs is a mixture of resigned gallows humour and genuine affection for the teams. 

Fucking love it.